Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptoslate Let Users Reward Content Creators Through Brave Browser  (Read 152 times)
Unblock_news (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:40:11 AM

You can now provide support to your favorite content creators using the Brave Browser.

The Brave Browser only has one mission in life: to fix the internet by providing users with a faster, safer, and better browsing experience. At the same time, the Brave browser platform utilizes attention-based rewards to offer support to content creators.

Read more here: https://www.unblock.news/news/cryptoslate-let-users-reward-content-creators-through-brave-browser

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:37:44 PM

You can now provide support to your favorite content creators using the Brave Browser.

The Brave Browser only has one mission in life: to fix the internet by providing users with a faster, safer, and better browsing experience. At the same time, the Brave browser platform utilizes attention-based rewards to offer support to content creators.

Read more here: https://www.unblock.news/news/cryptoslate-let-users-reward-content-creators-through-brave-browser
How is this any different than steemit ? Dudes have been doing this forever and it turned out to be a marketing thing instead of make money thing long time ago. When it first started people realized they could get some tips for writing good quality articles.

As a writer myself I loved it and wrote there a bunch of times and even got decent returns for it however after a certain while companies realized they could just pay people to upvote their own articles and that way they would look like they made money but in reality they spent double that amount just to get their own advertisement articles at the top and have a good cheap marketing for them.

This can't go any other way as well, as long as SEO exists in the world any article based place like steemit, medium and whatever will continue to be a marketing tool for the companies.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 03:42:34 AM

How is this any different than steemit ? Dudes have been doing this forever and it turned out to be a marketing thing instead of make money thing long time ago. When it first started people realized they could get some tips for writing good quality articles.

I know a bunch of people who work full time as a writer on Steemit. They made a decent amount of money even though they don't have that much exposure compared to the "paid upvote" that you're talking about here. I think Steemit or probably this Brave alternative will still function as we wanted because most people will look for content that they find interesting to read according to their own taste.

I'm pretty sure just because something is popular doesn't mean those who aren't popular enough won't get the credits that they deserved. So yeah I believe this might work, we just have to stop the abuse.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:55:50 PM

I know a bunch of people who work full time as a writer on Steemit. They made a decent amount of money even though they don't have that much exposure compared to the "paid upvote" that you're talking about here. I think Steemit or probably this Brave alternative will still function as we wanted because most people will look for content that they find interesting to read according to their own taste.

I'm pretty sure just because something is popular doesn't mean those who aren't popular enough won't get the credits that they deserved. So yeah I believe this might work, we just have to stop the abuse.

Once when I've opened the top trending Steemit threads I've seen some shitty altcoin overviews saying that some coins had some growth (which was pretty useless because this already happened and this information won't help me with my investments), the introduction of a nigerian teenager and an overview of a shitty restaurant somewhere in Asia made by a cute girl. Despite the bad quality those posts got approximately 400$ each. That was the last time I've opened Steemit because  I realized that only top trending bloggers are getting money for doing bullshit while some other guys not getting anything while providing good content.
imho such things are not working.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:41:13 PM

I think Brave is actually quite similar to Steemit. A new business is established and Brave needs a lot of smart marketing strategies to get a lot of people to join its channel.
Steemit really did well and now it attracts hundreds of thousands of hits a day.
Hopefully Brave will have a higher reward level than Steemit and get a better interface.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:18:43 PM

Is it similar to steemit or a peer to peer tipping system? Do you mean to say that cryptoslate will be using the algorithm of brave browser to find good content that is getting the attention from the crowd and reward them accordingly?

However, you have also mentioned about "providing support to favourite content creator" which essentially means a tipping system. What is it exactly? The article is not answering such technical nitty grittis.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:51:14 PM

i don't know what the link posted by OP says since i never click on these nonsense  website links that post crappy click baits. but regarding this i have to say, it has no similarity with steemit!
steemit is a website similar to reddit or medium where people make posts and get paid for it.
while brave is mostly based on ads such as those you see on websites as banner.

for example imagine bitcointalk's single banner add. in Brave browser you can set some settings (like the adblocks such as uBlock) to block every banner ad or script,... on all the sites except sites such as bitcointalk. that way you support your favorite website.
where does cryptocurrency like bitcoin come in? there is an option where you could receive some small amounts for allowing those ads to be shown and also you can tip the sites you like all inside your browser in a decentralized way.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 09:16:25 PM

I doubt about the security of personal details on such browsers. Maybe, last phishing attempt on my pc biases my view to other browsers than regular ones.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: