Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [On Hold] Hosted (or not) Gridseed ASICs -> Batch 1 Ordered  (Read 5614 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:57:51 PM

Alright guys, I posted the payment address in the OP.

I'm pretty happy with the terms and I think we have everything pretty well planned out, so lets get this show on the road. Anyone that can get their payment in by the end if the week will be in Batch 1. A lot of the accessories aren't arriving until late next week anyways, so it gives us a little time to prepare so that we will be ready to go when the order is placed. They will be shipped from the USA, so I expect to have them in about 10-12 days.  Smiley

Thanks for your support!
tal0n4

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:13:41 AM

I have participated in both of the previous group buys that CoinHoarder has ran. CoinHoarder has spent many sleepless nights trying to keep our miners running at their best and I trust his ability to run another successful group buy. There have been some minor problems along the way but I do believe he has done his best to be upfront and honest with us (the participants) as issues arose. Thanks dude!

I'm in for probably 20 units this time around... just let me know payment info

Thanks for the kind words, I'll mark you down for 20 units.  Smiley

Hey CoinHoarder, I just sent payment and PM'd the requested info.  Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:18:11 PM

Hey CoinHoarder, I just sent payment and PM'd the requested info.  Smiley

Thanks. Confirmed Smiley

-----------

To all:

Please don't forget to PM me your info when sending in funds.

Thanks

Will
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:26:29 PM

Interesting GB.
Is there a way to not allow dual mode so that other users in "DIY mode" don't cause grief for the rest of the miners?
In other words if someone does not follow the guidelines and produces too much heat or causes circuits to blow what will be the course of action?
Thanks
DBA
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:34:44 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 02:55:17 PM by CoinHoarder

Interesting GB.
Is there a way to not allow dual mode so that other users in "DIY mode" don't cause grief for the rest of the miners?
In other words if someone does not follow the guidelines and produces too much heat or causes circuits to blow what will be the course of action?
Thanks
DBA

Hey,

I am going to wire in a fuse panel for DIY hosted units. If they dual mine, then the fuses will blow and there will be no problems for anyone else.

Their units (or the ones they tried to dual mine with) will be down until I can replace the fuses. Hopefully this will be enough of a deterrent from people trying to do it. If not, it's not an issue for everyone else.

Thanks
Jos-T

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

Just sent my payment for 20 units!

Let's hope the units start hashing soon  Grin
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:00:55 PM

Just sent my payment for 20 units!

Let's hope the units start hashing soon  Grin

Thanks a lot.

I am going to try to get them hashing sometime next week for sure. I am even ordering extra USB hubs in case the cheapo ones I bought don't work properly... the Pi is finicky with hubs. We should be set to go when they arrive.  Grin
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:06:28 PM

sent you a PM with a few questions, forgot one though.  Is it 100% positive you will only be getting the ones that get up to 333 Kh ea?  No way to order the ones that have the updated firmware that get up to 400 ea?
Also, where are you located in the US?  Don't need a specific address, just a state and possibly city.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

sent you a PM with a few questions, forgot one though.  Is it 100% positive you will only be getting the ones that get up to 333 Kh ea?  No way to order the ones that have the updated firmware that get up to 400 ea?
Also, where are you located in the US?  Don't need a specific address, just a state and possibly city.

Hey,

I answered your PM just now.

I am pretty sure these will be the newer version... the retailer we are buying from does a lot of volume, so I'd be surprised if they still had any of the older generation still in stock. I only put 300-333 Kh to be conservative and I wasn't sure exactly what speed these would run at. I expect to be running something like 375 Kh... maybe more. I am definitely overclocking a little bit, but I'm not going to get out of control with that. I have heard 850 mhz runs pretty stable (which gets almost 400 Kh I think.. but maybe this is the older model and the newer one will be faster than 400 Kh while overclocked). I am likely going to try that first and if it works OK I'm not going to change it. I also might underclock when we get to full capacity for efficiency's sake. I'm going to play it by ear as far as overclocking.  Smiley

Thanks
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:25:47 PM

sent you a PM with a few questions, forgot one though.  Is it 100% positive you will only be getting the ones that get up to 333 Kh ea?  No way to order the ones that have the updated firmware that get up to 400 ea?
Also, where are you located in the US?  Don't need a specific address, just a state and possibly city.

Hey,

I answered your PM just now.

I am pretty sure these will be the newer version.. I only put 300-333 Kh to be conservative and I wasn't sure exactly what speed these would run at. I expect to be running something like 375 Kh... maybe more. I am definitely overclocking a little bit, but I'm not going to get out of control with that. I have heard 850 mhz runs pretty stable (which gets almost 400 Kh I think.. but maybe this is the older model and the newer one will be faster than 400 Kh while overclocked). I am likely going to try that first and if it works OK I'm not going to change it. I also might underclock when we get to full capacity for efficiency's sake. I'm going to play it by ear as far as overclocking.  Smiley

Thanks

Thanks for the information, let me get the bitcoin together from the different places I have it stored and will send you a PM tonight.  I also will be getting at least 12 units from another GB that I will mail over once I receive them. (Do i need to provide anything besides the units?  Cords and what not are included?)

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:35:52 PM

Thanks for the information, let me get the bitcoin together from the different places I have it stored and will send you a PM tonight.  I also will be getting at least 12 units from another GB that I will mail over once I receive them. (Do i need to provide anything besides the units?  Cords and what not are included?)

Good question. Please PM me the number of extra units you'd like hosted and what kind of accessories you can send with them, then I will figure out if I would need to buy anything extra. I likely at the very least will need to charge for the power chords because I'm using a custom ATX-based solution.

It won't be too much added expense, but it is certainly worth noting.

Thanks
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:39:08 PM

Back to page 1 Grin

The first order will be placed this weekend. Please get your order in!
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:19:00 PM

Back to page 1 Grin

How many devices ordered are we at right now?

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:40:18 PM

Back to page 1 Grin

Hey,

There are 75 units paid for at this moment.  Smiley

Thanks
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:40:32 PM

Back to page 1 Grin

Hey,

Thanks

Sending my payment tonight. I was waiting for blockchain to come back up.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:33:01 PM

Back to page 1 Grin

Hey,

Thanks

Sending my payment tonight. I was waiting for blockchain to come back up.

Thanks I can confirm I received it.  Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:36:05 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 11:48:20 PM by CoinHoarder

Ok guys... several changes.

There is now the option to buy units that you want delivered and do not want hosted at all. I want to offer a better deal to everyone, so I am offering this group buy to non-hosted people as well now. This is so that possibly we can secure more ordering volume and get a better deal on the equipment. All savings will be pased down to the group buy participants and I will give refunds to those that have already paid if I am able to secure a better deal.

I have added it in the instructions of how to participate under option 2c. Please refer to the short paragraph of terms for non-hosted units. It basically releases me from all liability from misuse of the custom power cables, and also states that you must pay shipping when the units arrive.

2c. Not Hosted Costs/Options (comes with just a Gridseed miner, no accessories whatsoever):
         - $185 per unit =
         - You will be billed for the full shipping costs once the units have arrived.
         - Accessories:
         - Plus $100 for a Raspberry Pi host =
              + Pre-configured to work with Gridseeds. Can likely host up to 50 units depending on USB setup
         - Plus $2 per miner for Standoffs to stack your Gridseeds =
         - Plus $2 per miner for Mini USB cables =
         - Plus $30 per USB 10-port hub (Raspberry Pi compatible) =
         - Custom Cables (Scrypt ONLY:)
              + Heat shrink, 18 AWG, Plug and Play ATX Power Cables, Hand-made Custom Cables
              + Disclaimer: All cables provided for non-hosted units are for use at your own risk. Please make sure to research whether these cables will work for your PSU and do not over load the 12v or 5v lines of your PSU, or chain multiple cables together. Please ask for advice if you're not sure.
         - Plus $55 each for an ATX CPU/EPS 8 pin power cable =
              + Can power up to SIXTEEN (16) Gridseeds
         - Plus $45 each for an ATX PCIe 6 pin cable =
              + Can power up to TWELVE (12) Gridseeds
         - Plus $35 each for an ATX 4+4 pin CPU cable =
              + Can power up to EIGHT (8 ) Gridseeds
         - Plus $30 each for an ATX Molex 4 pin cable =
              + Can power up to FOUR (4) Gridseeds and FOUR (4) 5v accessories (Usb hubs, Pi, etc.)
         - Plus $35 each for an ATX SATA cable =
              + Can power up to FOUR (4) Gridseeds and FOUR (4) 5v accessories (Usb hubs, Pi, etc.)
         - Custom Cables (Dual Mining Mode:)
         - Coming Soon

-------------------------

Thanks all.  Grin
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:37:09 PM

I think you made a mistake, under 3c it says 185 dollars but has the btc amount for 195 dollars. Just FYI

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:42:34 PM

I think you made a mistake, under 3c it says 185 dollars but has the btc amount for 195 dollars. Just FYI

Thanks for pointing that out.  Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:07:19 PM

Bump   Grin

I can sell cables separately, but I'm not likely to have all the parts in until next week for them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: