Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [On Hold] Hosted (or not) Gridseed ASICs -> Batch 1 Ordered  (Read 5614 times)
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:18:00 PM

You guys are correct, these will take a while to ROI, but you are also operating under the assumption that all of those companies will ship.  The only company in that list that has shipped a product is KNC, but their order page says they are shipping in Q2 or Q3, which means it could be between Apr and Oct, and since their other products have/are been later rather than sooner, my guess would be closer to Oct.  Of course they only made a SHA-256 ASIC, and a scrypt one is harder.  The other 2 companies you listed have not shipped products before.  IDK who that 3rd one even is?  So as far as shipping a working product, who knows when that will be.  Remember, no company as of yet has shipped an ASIC by their delivery date, just for reference.

There are also a few other companies to consider that you did not mention.  The Fibonacci project seems to be well underway with a scrypt ASIC, and BA says they have something in the works (although I would not trust or believe a word they say anymore)

Also the price for alt coins has dropped in he last few weeks.  If it starts to go back up, then positive ROI will be even sooner.  So there are many things to consider when choosing to buy these.  They also use very little power, which means they can run for a long time before not being profitable to run anymore.

The way I calculated it, we're looking at at least 4-6 months before ROI. I share your opinion, though, that a lot of those other scrypt ASIC companies will experience either production delays or shipping delays. There are also a lot of scrypt alt coins that can be mined, so we've got a lot of choices should the difficulty of any one coin go way up. I only invested into this GB what I could afford to lose. I like the idea that I won't have to monitor anything or worry about power costs etc., because CH is taking care of all of this, and I'm willing to pay his monthly fee for not having to screw with settings or worry about downtime.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:55:43 PM

Hey CoinHoarder, any update on how the order went?  Did everything go through smoothly?  Have you received a tracking number yet?  Do you have an ETA for getting everything up and running?

I appreciate that you have ordered everything in advance of the miners, not to happy with another group buy that I am in, where he did not tell us that he would buy everything once the miners came in.  Needless to say, he is now scrambling to get everything and it looks like it will be a week after the miners arrived before they are all running.  Pretty ridiculous.  Just another thing that this group buy has correct IMO.

Thanks again!

DebitMe

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:43:34 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 03:00:20 PM by CoinHoarder

Hey CoinHoarder, any update on how the order went?  Did everything go through smoothly?  Have you received a tracking number yet?  Do you have an ETA for getting everything up and running?

I appreciate that you have ordered everything in advance of the miners, not to happy with another group buy that I am in, where he did not tell us that he would buy everything once the miners came in.  Needless to say, he is now scrambling to get everything and it looks like it will be a week after the miners arrived before they are all running.  Pretty ridiculous.  Just another thing that this group buy has correct IMO.

Thanks again!

DebitMe

Hi,

I'm sorry.. it was extremely busy weekend and it appears there is no end in sight! Argghh!

Yep the order was placed on Friday night with no problems. It's 3-5 days shipping from China, so I expect to get them sometime in between Thursday and Saturday. I still kind of have a lot to do myself in between now and then, so I'm glad that there is time. The only reason I can think of this might get delayed is if I run into technical problems... more than enough parts are in to run all the Gridseeds I ordered. I planned the pricing and quantity of each component based on me being able to run at least 44 units per Pi. This could cause a problem on my end because I would have charged too little, but it will not cause a problem on your end because I ordered extras of everything. I even ordered several different USB hubs to find the best one for chaining as many as possible on a Pi. This isn't my first rodeo- I feel like I am capable to fix just about anything that isn't simply DOA or faulty.

There's still a couple things to come in, but I've had tracking numbers for them since last week and am expecting everything to get in before the Gridseeds do. I will overnight something I need if that's what I have to get these up and running. I have my buddy on stand by to help me setup the farm.. he has helped me setup, configure, etc. some of my GPU farms in the past.. he will be a good helper. Furthermore, I have a couple family members putting together some custom Gridseed ATX power cables. There are a lot of them to put together and I didn't have much time this weekend. It's kind of a pain in the butt honestly.. I kind of wish now I would of just went with the cheapo Chinese PSUs etc. that all the other suppliers are using.

I feel like this sets me apart from them a bit though, I feel like I definitely have more quality package deals than most of my competitors. Not only because of using the ATX PSUs, but I am also providing Pis with nice cases and 8 Gb SD cards in all packages with all software installed. All package deals will work right out of the box! Furthermore, each package comes with the ATX power adapters to supply 5v power to your accessories like your USB hubs and Pis. I'm hoping that getting rid of those cheap cell phone charger-like PSUs that most USB hubs use and even some gridseed suppliers are using to power their units results in higher stability of the packages I sell. Also, most of the other suppliers use the wiibox (or controller) which has been reported somewhat unstable. I feel like a Raspberry Pi is the obvious best choice and makes the most sense. Stability will only get better over time by using open source software like cgminer or bfgminer, Gridseeds are still relatively new and there will be many improvements in these regards.

Anyways.. I talk too much. I'll talk to ya'll soon. Cheesy
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:02:09 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 04:17:59 PM by CoinHoarder

For those of you waiting on me to open back up orders, I am planning on opening that back up tonight or tomorrow with new pricing so stay tuned. Smiley

I'm planning on placing an order at the end of the week.. I know of several people waiting so I think we will have another batch by then no problem.

Thanks
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 04:45:51 PM

For those of you waiting on me to open back up orders, I am planning on opening that back up tonight or tomorrow with new pricing so stay tuned. Smiley

I'm planning on placing an order at the end of the week.. I know of several people waiting so I think we will have another batch by then no problem.

Thanks

Hello Will.
I see you've been a busy mining hoster in preparation Wink

What is the big announcement?

Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
smarthashing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:12:42 AM

Thanks

Hello Will.
I see you've been a busy mining hoster in preparation Wink

What is the big announcement?

Wolfey2014

Surprise!

Grand Opening!

smarthashing.us

We are excited that it is finally time to announce Smart Hashing to the world! Although we are a new company, we are anything but new. Smart Hashing’s founder William Connatser is also president of CryptoVest, a physical cryptocoin company specifically known for making Physical Litecoins. He has been operating large mining farms for over two years now since initially getting into Bitcoin and Litecoin. William, also known as CoinHoarder online, was a pioneer in group buying on the Bitcointalk forums, putting together one of the biggest group buys to date for Batch 3 Avalons and raising more than 722 Bitcoins just in a couple weeks! This group buy was the first one of its kind for Bitcoin mining ASIC hardware. We think it is safe to say that he started quite a trend! Group buys have become so popular that a subforum was created in the Custom Hardware section of Bitcointalk.org to hold them all! Before operating several group buys, William also setup and operated a large GPU farm that was pushing upwards of 16 Mh back in late 2012! Ever since getting his first mining rig, he has been very active within the Bitcoin and Litecoin community. For over a year William’s been gaining experience planning, setting up, and operating group buys mostly off Bitcointalk forums and his own private forums. A couple weeks ago after getting back into group buying, Williwam decided he would improve his hosting service and mining sales service into a more professional operation.

In an effort to stay competitive, provide the best customer experience as possible, and offer a more professional sevice, William has now formed Smart Hashers to conduct his hosting and mining sales business. William is starting to take his businesses more seriously and is hiring one full time manager and a part time network administrator to help him run the hosted equipment and help with customer service for Cryptovest. There is a lot of work to be done in between doing sales, testing, packaging and delivery, and offering hosting services. We hope that by adding people to the team, everyone receives a better experience all around both us as administrators of the company (William will have some free time again!) William has gone on record as being dmittedly bad about checking CryptoVest’s email in the past. Basically he is working full time along with running two businesses and he needs help! This will end once and for all and today we are turning over a new leaf.. starting a new chapter if you will. Thank you to all that have helped us get to where we are today. We only ask that you continue to let us serve you by offering you sweet deals and exemplary mining equipment hosting!

All Gridseed mining equipment in our web shop is currently a 3 to 5 day long pre-order and there are only accessories and ATX power cables in stock at the moment for Scrypt mode only. Dual mode mining cables are coming, but due to ineffeciencies Dual mining is not allowed on hosted units at this time. We will let you know when that changes. There will be a small fee for us to switch out the power cables for dual mining to Scrypt mining and visa versa due to the time it takes to do it. We are looking into turning this into a truly innovative hosted mining experience. We have negotiated a sweet deal with a large supplier that is buying 1000s of units from Gridseed every week to supply us. They have afforded us the pleasure of buying in small quantities, but with steep discounts. Due to the fact that we can order in smaller quantities, we can order batches more frequently, thus making delivery to the customer even quicker than waiting for a big batch to fill! Typically packages are delivered in 3 to 5 business days to the USA from China, so our customers don’t have to wait long and that makes us happy! Setting up this partnership is instrumental in Smart Hashing having competitive pricing, because we want to save our customers as much as possible and want them to feel like they got a good deal. When our customers are happy, we are happy! We are not charging a huge mark up, a medium mark up, or even a small mark up! Our mark up is tiny compared to some other distributors and we hope that you appreciate that!

It is Williams’s goal that his companies improve and expand throughout the rest of this year while making customers happy and meeting some good friends along the way. There is nothing more than he loves setting up, troubleshooting, and hosting mining equipment, so he is determined to make this a success! A new website with a lot of new features is in the works. You will likely be able to change your payment address, automatically notify us when you’d like to sell your hosted equipment, see the farm hash rate and worker break down, and even keep a record your payout information also! This will definitely be a step up from the forum-based company William and his clients are used to him running, and we are excited to help this company grow and help our customers save a buck. Although Smart Hashing doesn’t have a huge wad of cash that some of the larger distributors do, we are still selling at as competitive a price as the larger distributors!!! Even though our prices may be slightly higher than some of the cheapest companies in this space, they are selling at a similar price as us but buying the units for much cheaper and making a killing doing so. They are making much more money than most group buy operators, and are snuffing out the competition by doing things that are economically infeasible to do for a smaller businesses like ourselves. We aren’t going to lay down and let them put us out of our misery just yet though! We are putting our foot down and we won’t let guys with big stacks of cash take over what has traditionally been done by individuals and mom and pop type operations on the forums. We love our small businesses here at CryptoVest and Smart Hashing! Feel free to reach out to us if there is any way we could help you! We are very much interested in cooperating for the better of the community!

Smart Hashing will only source mining equipment from companies that have them in stock and can ship them promptly. We will stay away from month to year long pre-orders. Extended pre-orders puts consumers at a disadvantage because they do not know when they will receive the unit and how profitable it will be by the time they get it. In stock mining equipment allows for easier decision making based on something more than a lot of assumptions and an overly optimistic development time line. We at Smart Hashing recommend you stay away from  extended pre-orders, it doesn’t take but getting stung once to learn your lesson. We hope you don’t learn the hard way! Stick with us and you won’t be left scratching your head 6 months later wondering where your gear is with pitch forks and torches on Bitcointalk ready to start a riot!

All joking aside, if there is anything we can do then please do not hesitate to email us at support@smarthashing.us and we will get back to you at our soonest convenience! Thanks for your continued support and we’re excited to start this new journey together with you!

The Smart Hashing Team

PS: All Batch 1 participants will pay the new sale price and be refunded the difference. This sale only lasts through the end of the week, as we are hardly making postage! All shipping is included in our prices!
smarthashing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:35:18 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

You may use the PGP in CoinHoarder's signature to determine the validity of this account and message.

We will be locking this thread momentarily and switching to a new one for the company. Please continue all conversations there.

The terms and conditions in the OP for Batch 1 will still apply.

Thanks
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (MingW32)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJTMN1NAAoJEGh5rAmFxx588w8H/iKOWBLt2DsewJOjfest1K/d
atecFDUWtxv2xR+278AasZfloYo45h5lXGWuYK4aeNhfw9NCBb/vn2nApmqRMj5C
8S59aawxkI0KYG733XWmXZGZJ7R2VDOnwoaVLl3w9yb9A/JRKLx5eFXmeSlB8TWj
w8yKyzYGjghOOFGfB/SxQhidf9SzfYX8FdarSot9yBFbr28Sx6gvmy87jKy2xyWh
+KoAfAaxDY9X+VXjjvod7coa/YRuJG8zKoDCcP76idfJkeAhFiCGczIW4uPcHmPB
WFzg3B2IqWSKakplK8AgDZ9Q0DDO6vqkOuZrNwcm/fI9pNiuZSPqKQ9Dp09XmjM=
=cAnM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:38:10 AM

New thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529508.0

Lockin' this up, please come over to the new thread!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: