Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:37:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Summary about ICOs in 2018  (Read 344 times)
LJOSS (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 12:26:32 PM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Hi,
Here under a short extract from an article written on the french site "analyse-icofrance.fr". It is about ICOs statistics.
The link (it is in french) : https://www.analyse-icofrance.fr/articles-ico/recap-sur-2018
Because it's in french I propose you a brief overview of the figures shown :

Quote <
Number of ICO in the world :

In 2017 :
  ICO started : 970
  ICO finished : 718
  ICO that raised enough funds : 413
  Funds raised : 10 062 399 721 $

In 2018 :
 ICO started : 2817
 ICO finished : 2517
 ICO that raised enough funds : 1012
 Funds raised : 11 596 382 015 $

Countries that launched the most ICO:
  USA (290)
  Singapore (277)
  UK (222)
  Estonia (147)
  Switzerland (137)
These countries alone have launched about 25 % of the ICOs.

The countries that raised the most money are:
  Singapore (1 538 544 767 $)
  USA (1 222 474 088 $)
  UK (945 519 070 $)
  Cayman Islands (917 281 101 $)
  Switzerland (845 423 119 $)

> end quote.

I am disappointed my country, France, doesn't appear among the top 10.

Good reading.
Regards.

LJOSS
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 08:01:14 PM

It is clear that the numbers are close to the truth. It seems that the increase in 2017 influenced in 2018's ICOs.  Bitcoin manages the market as well as ICOs, and if 2019 continues like that, most ICOs will not reach the softcap. The new statistics, the numbers will be fuller...
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:45:40 PM

Very interesting statistics indeed. Thanks for sharing. I guess it's good to know this info, especially the success rate of roughly 35-40 percent of ICOs that actually raised enough funds. Although, it is very questionable what does actually constitute "enough raised funds". Where do these numbers come from? At best, they are provisional numbers (like soft cap or hard cap) and they don't really mean much. Because, at the end of the day, most of these ICOs don't deliver any value at all, with enough raised funds or without enough raised funds, all the same.

As for France not being among the top 10, who knows, maybe there's a chance for advancement this year? Anyhow, Cayman Islands is on the list, and somehow I think this is not the company you would want to be seen with.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 08:56:22 PM

It is clear that the numbers are close to the truth. It seems that the increase in 2017 influenced in 2018's ICOs.  Bitcoin manages the market as well as ICOs, and if 2019 continues like that, most ICOs will not reach the softcap. The new statistics, the numbers will be fuller...

Yes. It is obvious to everyone that interest in ICO is drastically falling ... even though there are still some interesting projects also in this period.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 09:29:51 PM

In 2017, total 413 ICOs were able to raise required amount of funds totalling $10,062,399,721. That means the average funding received by each successful ICO is,

$10,062,399,721 / 413 = $24,364,164

If I do the same calculation for 2018 numbers. The average funding received by each ICO is,

$11,596,382,015 / 1012 = $11,458,876

It's less than half compared to the numbers of 2017. It clearly shows that ICOs have failed to capture the interest of crypto investors big time.

Even though these ICOs have successfully received required funding, but if you look at their current price, we will see 95% of them doesn't have any value at this moment. This ICO mania needs to be stopped for the greater good of the crypto market. Investments are getting divided and the market is becoming overburdened with loads of shitcoins that practically have no usage in real world. Sad reality of today's crypto market!

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 09:33:39 PM

Great statistics, most of the ICOs held by 2017 or earlier than that has high successful rate.

Yes. It is obvious to everyone that interest in ICO is drastically falling ... even though there are still some interesting projects also in this period.
Investors aren't going anymore with what's new today and everyone has learned from 2018's bad market.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:27:02 PM

Interesting figures.
It is interesting to see that the  amount raised in 2018 almost triples the amount raised in 2017.  Despite this, the fund raised in 2018 was just a little larger than fund raised in 2017,  This possibly means there were more ICOs and less investors
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:52:28 PM

I was a little surprised by the relative efficiency. In 2017, ~ 57%, in 2018 - 40% of ICO raised enough funds. It does not look as believable as it seemed. How reliable is the source for collecting statistics?

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:00:23 PM

And do you have some exact datas from the last months? I have seen that ICOs raised this month very little money. They obtained in one month as much money as in one day in 2017. That is very very bad news.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:05:13 PM

I think european countries were generally behind in icos because of the on going regulations but i think now with the allowance of security tokens we might see US and European based security tokens in coming months, im sure with the improvement of crypto market icos are again going to become attractive investments.

sarfield

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:07:45 PM

In 2017, total 413 ICOs were able to raise required amount of funds totalling $10,062,399,721. That means the average funding received by each successful ICO is,

$10,062,399,721 / 413 = $24,364,164

If I do the same calculation for 2018 numbers. The average funding received by each ICO is,

$11,596,382,015 / 1012 = $11,458,876

It's less than half compared to the numbers of 2017. It clearly shows that ICOs have failed to capture the interest of crypto investors big time.

Even though these ICOs have successfully received required funding, but if you look at their current price, we will see 95% of them doesn't have any value at this moment. This ICO mania needs to be stopped for the greater good of the crypto market. Investments are getting divided and the market is becoming overburdened with loads of shitcoins that practically have no usage in real world. Sad reality of today's crypto market!

It is seen that the ICO in 2018 is indeed a failure, and seeing current prices is very alarming. No one can afford to be a higher level, this situation must be remodeled so that it can have good market value.
Team performance must be authoritative and responsible so that coins entering the market have the ability to compete with old coins, so as not to harm and disappoint investors, do not blame the market but make more innovation better.

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
[/center]
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:23:12 PM

French have not really been a good supporter of cryptocurrency compared to the US and UK, China and the level of ICO increase in 2018 due to the success in the entire crypto market in 2017. I know the number will reduce greatly in 2019 due to the present crisis in the cryptocurrency market and the lots of scam ICO that have happened in the past year.
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:31:19 PM

ICO finished : 2517  Grin Grin Grin I then all think why we continue to fall. If you take the statistics of 10%. 200 live 100 projects are on the verge and the remaining 2217 scam. Cry
What a horror. Cryptocurrency aims to become a world currency. Or is it all emptiness? But in general there is nothing surprisingly like in any other advanced field of growth is not avoided. In 2019, we will probably see 4,000 new projects.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:37:11 PM

Why are you disappointed with your country?
You should be proud of it.
That just means you dont need any funding just so you could complete one project.  Grin
You are a rich country.  Wink

I thought so, I have seen a lot of Singapore based projects but we should really look at it deeply. They also use this kind of strategy to pull investors. Most of them are fraud and should be checked with MAS.
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:38:00 PM

People called 2017 a golden year for the crypto, but in 2018 ICO projects earned more money than 2017 but difference in the numbers of ICO. By seeing the biggest bull run, people though this is the time to enter into the blockchain to earn money and success. But 2018 year was the biggest bear run in crypto history! So, ICO markets are not doing well, for a long bearish market, it will affect on 2019's ICOs! Many ICO like Orbis, Mobu turned STO from an ICO project.

And, I just surprised by seeing most of the ICO launched from the USA! I did not have an idea for the previous year about ICO in the USA!

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 06:40:00 PM

Hi,
Here under a short extract from an article written on the french site "analyse-icofrance.fr". It is about ICOs statistics.
The link (it is in french) : https://www.analyse-icofrance.fr/articles-ico/recap-sur-2018
Because it's in french I propose you a brief overview of the figures shown :

Quote <
Number of ICO in the world :

In 2017 :
  ICO started : 970
  ICO finished : 718
  ICO that raised enough funds : 413
  Funds raised : 10 062 399 721 $

In 2018 :
 ICO started : 2817
 ICO finished : 2517
 ICO that raised enough funds : 1012
 Funds raised : 11 596 382 015 $

Countries that launched the most ICO:
  USA (290)
  Singapore (277)
  UK (222)
  Estonia (147)
  Switzerland (137)
These countries alone have launched about 25 % of the ICOs.

The countries that raised the most money are:
  Singapore (1 538 544 767 $)
  USA (1 222 474 088 $)
  UK (945 519 070 $)
  Cayman Islands (917 281 101 $)
  Switzerland (845 423 119 $)

> end quote.

I am disappointed my country, France, doesn't appear among the top 10.

Good reading.
Regards.

LJOSS

In France it is hard to launch an ICO, Estonia is way cheaper and they are pretty good in technology. They are about to launch medicine and ID's on the blockchain, or at least have such plans.
Every month in 2018 ICO raised less and less, January of 2019 was the worst month so far since the bull market.

Would be interesting to see statistics, how many of those ICO's are on CMC, liquid and how many went scam...970 is only legit ones, or counting everything?
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:40:58 PM

This is unbelievable how huge the ICO market it and I think that there were only several projects that gave profit to its investors. Pretty strange, but I think that right now people are afraid of investing because a lot of projects cannot collect their soft caps.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:46:46 PM

I was not expecting Singapore to be at the top.

Another strong case to those who keeps on saying that "ICOs are dead". A significant drop of those who were able to raised enough funds from 2017 to 2018, thanks to the bear market.
Peanyut991

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:18:33 PM

So far I have seen the development of the ICO project very significant. From these data we can conclude that the ICO project is increasing in terms of quantity, but I think it is very bad in the funds raised. This means that in 2018 more ICO projects fail to achieve softcaps than in 2017. And in 2019 I am sure you know that the ICO project is in a very bad situation, investors are beginning to lose confidence in the ICO project. Because many ICO projects do not have good prospects.

Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:44:36 PM

I do agree with you. Most of the good ICO projects are suffering to reach the soft cap! Because ICO investors are not enough to interest in investing in new ICOs. By seeing the huge pump in 2017, double numbers from 2017 ICO projects came in 2018, by seeing many scam ICO, investors will move to another way Like SRO or IEO! Therefore, If Binance continues bringing new ICO projects on their launchpad, then other ICO projects will face huge obstacles to make a success. No one wants to lose his money for nothing, after losing 70-90% of money because of the bear market, Investors wants profit. As Binance ICO has confirmation about profit, so, Investors will move to the only Launchpad! Therefore, STO projects will hit, because at least they have a plan to protect the price from a big dump!

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: