Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:31:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Coins with huge ICO price  (Read 1040 times)
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 05:04:59 AM

Yes, I think ICO is very good because it has high selling value. But you still need to be vigilant and try checking the ICO. And if the coin has entered the exchange market, the coin will only decrease slightly. But after that the price will rise again.
I have Bought an ICO and IEO.
IEO better than because have exchange and ICO have not exchange before developer send them proposal to exchange. when customer sell all ICO bought on exchange price wiill be down on time. this happen when they developer not attention for investor for not sell and hold for along time
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:42:06 AM

Why would price matter, only market cap does? What if they only produced only 3 tokens, $2.74 would be pretty cheap, don't you think?
Have some sense, is there any project till date that have produced only three tokens. It isn't the market cap, initially the price matters big. Upon the value of the token there will be changes in the marketcap growth. Nowhere the marketcap grows all of the sudden.

Are you hearing yourself? I don't think that you understand the definition of the "price". Definition of the market capitalization was made for the very purpose of valuation. Why would it matter how many "full coins" you even own with 18 decimals behind them?

Having an example of 3 tokens doesn't work because it would be just impossible to use as a currency. That sounds more like a collectable, and those should be non-fungible anyway.
natka

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:35:18 PM

Why would price matter, only market cap does? What if they only produced only 3 tokens, $2.74 would be pretty cheap, don't you think?
Have some sense, is there any project till date that have produced only three tokens. It isn't the market cap, initially the price matters big. Upon the value of the token there will be changes in the marketcap growth. Nowhere the marketcap grows all of the sudden.

Are you hearing yourself? I don't think that you understand the definition of the "price". Definition of the market capitalization was made for the very purpose of valuation. Why would it matter how many "full coins" you even own with 18 decimals behind them?

Having an example of 3 tokens doesn't work because it would be just impossible to use as a currency. That sounds more like a collectable, and those should be non-fungible anyway.
I do not even understand where the developers initially take prices for their projects.  If there is already a certain product, then you can calculate the cost of the coin, plus a percentage of popularity and demand.  But initially the price is very high for many projects.  And then after the listing, projects generally fall in price and coins are sold ten times cheaper.
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:41:29 PM

It is upon the idea of the ICO. If they have real heavy content after crowdfunding or before it. You could have invest on it. We need to take responsibility on reading the whitepaper, team information, product basis and technical paper.

If you completely worm around the ICO you can choose whether is worthy to invest such ICO or not.

gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:56:49 PM

What is your take on new tokens with unnecessarily large ICO prices? Scam or Genuine?

With such prices, their ICO usually takes a lot of time and people still invest, is there a possibility of it being a good project because I just stumbled on one now with with current ICO price of $2.74 and they intend on increasing it in the future

I think you wanted to say huge fund raising. Because there price can be huge, but only few tokens in total, and the price may small buy 100 billions tokens. Of course, projects which are raising 100 mln usd or so not worth to invest. They are raising money for own islands.
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1403

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 06:28:18 PM

It is not necessary that the price of the ICO is high to be a scam project, There are many projects that offer the price of the ICO is low and yet it is a scam, The project is good when the site reinforce and clarify the main points of the whitepaper and the project must have a team with sufficient experience to make this type of project successful and when the whitepaper contains all the details of the project and the technical details of how to achieve that goals, In my opinion there are many points that you should take care of to evaluate the project rather than the price of ICO.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:10:46 PM

It is one of the biggest ICO problems that they have big total supply and high price. That means a big market cappitalization after listing which is unrealistic for recently created cryptocurrencies.  Roll Eyes

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
khiholangkang

Activity: 2058
Merit: 571

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 05:04:55 AM

I think good or not a project cannot be seen from the cheap or expensive initial price of the token / coin, because there are also many projects that have expensive but successful token prices on the market, and vice versa the price of cheap tokens is destroyed in the market

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 10:20:55 AM

expensive prices on ICO projects are not an indicator that the project is a scam, we can see from the total supply of coins they spend.
if it still makes sense when converted to FIAT currency and in accordance with a similar ICO project then it does not have to be a matter of suspicion.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 12:50:16 PM

It is not necessary that the price of the ICO is high to be a scam project, There are many projects that offer the price of the ICO is low and yet it is a scam, The project is good when the site reinforce and clarify the main points of the whitepaper and the project must have a team with sufficient experience to make this type of project successful and when the whitepaper contains all the details of the project and the technical details of how to achieve that goals, In my opinion there are many points that you should take care of to evaluate the project rather than the price of ICO.
Of course, I believe that people always understand that high ICO prices are not always a scam, many projects are still very successful and still very good even if the price in the ICO is very high but that's just a trend in the past when the market is still very developed and very few scams. The current market is a reversal, a lot of scams and the market situation is not too good, high prices in the ICO period are a frightening thing for investors when a lot of similar projects are listed, the price listed is significantly reduced compared to the price of ico, so new coin with high ico price is not a welcome thing right now

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 02:03:57 PM

Yes, I think ICO is very good because it has high selling value. But you still need to be vigilant and try checking the ICO. And if the coin has entered the exchange market, the coin will only decrease slightly. But after that the price will rise again.
I have Bought an ICO and IEO.
IEO better than because have exchange and ICO have not exchange before developer send them proposal to exchange. when customer sell all ICO bought on exchange price wiill be down on time. this happen when they developer not attention for investor for not sell and hold for along time

There is no question that IEO can better than ICO all because the whole crowdsale activity is primarily done within the exchange so there is no more need for the project to apply to an exchange except adding new ones. However, we sill also be careful because not all exchanges have good reputations. Once the necessary trading volume of the project can't be sustainable anymore the exchange may have no choice but to drop the project. ICO has already suffered irreparable damage into its reputation due to many scams sprouting like mushrooms left and right. The market is now demanding something new and better.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 02:22:04 PM

I do not even understand where the developers initially take prices for their projects.  If there is already a certain product, then you can calculate the cost of the coin, plus a percentage of popularity and demand.  But initially the price is very high for many projects.  And then after the listing, projects generally fall in price and coins are sold ten times cheaper.
This has been baffling me too and I have not gotten any explanation to this, what makes some ICO price higher than the order, is there any calculation they do to know the worth of the project or is it just hype ? There are so many projects that I have seen with high prices, thinking they are more original than the other, but they still get dumped in the end.

I don’t actually pay attention that much to the price of ICO, what I go after is the product that they have, any good product will surely multiply in its value y over 1500% overtime, no matter the low price they start with, community that backs them up also matters to the project.
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 02:26:40 PM

IEOs havent been great, but you can eye on https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/matic-network from binance launchpad
jebul2

Activity: 555
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 03:30:17 PM

ico with large prices sometimes leads to fraud that I see sometimes there are ICOs that are successful and some are scam, for this year some ico are often fraudulent because they cannot achieve softcaps that make investors less.

[
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 03:31:18 PM

I think good or not a project cannot be seen from the cheap or expensive initial price of the token / coin, because there are also many projects that have expensive but successful token prices on the market, and vice versa the price of cheap tokens is destroyed in the market
I have never participated in any ICO with huge start up price because most of them are the ones encouraging investors and hunters to dump the price because of its huge profit when they get to the market, so if I am investing in a project for long term reason, I would look at ICO with low price.

You are also right, we should not to view a project as being successful from the side of it price, the price are just mere decisions from the project developers and not a product of the project itself. We just have rely more on the worth of the project technically and how its existence in future can be guaranteed.
Jonking

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 04:27:32 PM

the price will not determine if they are genuine or scam.. its depends on the team.. there are ico's that are very cheap but they succeed and still developing their project
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 04:53:50 PM

What is your take on new tokens with unnecessarily large ICO prices? Scam or Genuine?

With such prices, their ICO usually takes a lot of time and people still invest, is there a possibility of it being a good project because I just stumbled on one now with with current ICO price of $2.74 and they intend on increasing it in the future

Individual coin price is absolutely irrelevant when you can buy fractions of a coin. It only becomes relevant when considered alongside the number of coins available, i.e. market cap.
If a coin sells for $100 and another coin sells for $1, but both have a market cap of $100 million, then it doesn't matter if you spend $100 on 1 of coin A or 100 of coin B, it's effectively the same thing, even though you end up with more coins by buying the $1 one... either way you still have $100 worth of coins, and a millionth of the total supply.
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 05:02:01 PM

Individual coin price is absolutely irrelevant when you can buy fractions of a coin. It only becomes relevant when considered alongside the number of coins available, i.e. market cap.
If a coin sells for $100 and another coin sells for $1, but both have a market cap of $100 million, then it doesn't matter if you spend $100 on 1 of coin A or 100 of coin B, it's effectively the same thing, even though you end up with more coins by buying the $1 one... either way you still have $100 worth of coins, and a millionth of the total supply.
You are absolutely right, however, human psychology is an important factor, especially when lots of unexperienced people enter the market in a bull run. Lower prices can attract more investors because of that reason exactly.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 04:29:16 PM

the price will not determine if they are genuine or scam.. its depends on the team.. there are ico's that are very cheap but they succeed and still developing their project
You absolutely rightly said that at the price it is impossible to judge the quality of the project.  As an example, the company pundix, where the cost of the coin was very, very low, but the results of this project today are among the best.
taktik

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 06:07:05 PM

You absolutely rightly said that at the price it is impossible to judge the quality of the project.  As an example, the company pundix, where the cost of the coin was very, very low, but the results of this project today are among the best.
I think that this way you can make a serious selection of those companies that are the best for investors.  The main thing to consider the possibility of increasing the price of their coins several times, and not what price they have today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: