Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:41:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH hard fork  (Read 371 times)
shaina_joy (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:42:29 AM

What can we expect with ETH hard fork that is scheduled today? It is obviously not birthing a new coin but an upgrade. What I am more curious on is if its going to help the price at least reach $200

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:48:37 AM

This official article has all the details :
https://blog.ethereum.org/2019/02/22/ethereum-constantinople-st-petersburg-upgrade-announcement/

It has already been delayed by a month and should be thoroughly tested by now so no worries. Hope to see Eehereum start rising again after it is done.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 01:52:01 AM

https://blog.ethereum.org/2019/02/22/ethereum-constantinople-st-petersburg-upgrade-announcement/

It has already been delayed by a month and should be thoroughly tested by now so no worries. Hope to see Eehereum start rising again after it is done.
I also expect a price increase on charts after the fork. ETH fork will let transactions to speed up and fees will be lower than the previous chain.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:00:08 AM

Does anyone know if the hardfork will result in another coin which will pay out balances for ETH hodlers?
shaina_joy (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:19:58 AM

Thank you so much for sharing the link. I find it very friendly and easy to understand. Informative and I'll share it with some of my friends too. I am looking forward to see improvements on ethereum platform. Hopefully worth every delays.
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:23:25 AM

We hope by eth hardfork could make price is back to higher and always have potential to make eth on higher price later, eth hardfork could really at tomorrow and hope not delay again like last two weeks.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:42:24 AM

I also expect a price increase on charts after the fork. ETH fork will let transactions to speed up and fees will be lower than the previous chain.
When there's a fork same as what had happened last 2017, we will exactly experience more smooth transactions. This improvements will go beyond limits and eliminates blockchain network issues like delayed transactions. Probability will create more new demands that will help eth community establish a better way of gaining higher profit, and we'll see eth be rising again; soaring better than ever before.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

101nowby
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

BTC

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:06:18 AM

Does anyone know if the hardfork will result in another coin which will pay out balances for ETH hodlers?
I am worried about this issue and no one could answer me.
There is an option that some miners will not agree with the innovation, and then such an outcome may be possible.
I think that some exchanges deliberately gave us such statements - that they support Constantinople Fork

■▂▂▃▃▅▅ BTC Forever ▅▅▃▃▂▂ ■
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:08:35 AM

I don't think any new coins will be forked as a result of the upgrade, though people can choose to do so if they have the will. While it may seem like a giveaway or easy money, forks have a tendency to be damaging in the long run due to the increased supply and confusion they sow. We are better off without forks.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:16:06 AM

I don't think any new coins will be forked as a result of the upgrade, though people can choose to do so if they have the will. While it may seem like a giveaway or easy money, forks have a tendency to be damaging in the long run due to the increased supply and confusion they sow. We are better off without forks.
Very true. It saturates the market and makes for a whirlwind of mess. Not to mention all of the confusion and community debate. In the end though hodlers are left with a nice little extra! So it's a double edged sword situation.

I am worried about this issue and no one could answer me.
There is an option that some miners will not agree with the innovation, and then such an outcome may be possible.
I think that some exchanges deliberately gave us such statements - that they support Constantinople Fork
Ah, I see. A large group of miners could not agree with the switch and stay on the old protocol, so the Constantinople fork would be forced to become it's own new entity.. Thanks for refreshing my memory on how that works.
debby070
Copper Member

Activity: 140

www.codex.one

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:36:34 AM

What can we expect with ETH hard fork that is scheduled today? It is obviously not birthing a new coin but an upgrade. What I am more curious on is if its going to help the price at least reach $200

It doesn't even increase the market price of ethereum and other altcoins? I think I just let me lose when I buy some ethereum today. I just hope I didn't in order to save my investment rather than to pay transaction fees.

peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:45:01 AM

It doesn't even increase the market price of ethereum and other altcoins? I think I just let me lose when I buy some ethereum today. I just hope I didn't in order to save my investment rather than to pay transaction fees.
I believe from the last hard fork the market didn't start increasing until after the fork went well. Once the market realizes everything goes well it should rise a bit since there won't be the fear of failure in the fork.
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:47:38 AM

we can expect eth prices to reach $ 200 we have been waiting for this increase to reach years and this is the starting point of the resurrection and hope the hardfork can become an eth support to be able to up.
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 04:56:11 AM

as i understand, there would be a decrease in the block reward after the hard fork.  that means mining would be harder.  that would probably make the eth price increase.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:57:26 AM

There is no increase after the news, the rumor is over and we've seen a increase of price already but did not push through $200.
Big upgrade like this will certainly effect the future of ETH, we can see a slowly increase of price and I like to see it consistently, hopefully this price
now will not dump anymore.
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:06:14 AM

there was increase before the hardfork due to rumors and speculations.  but so far there's no increase in the price of eth after hardfork.  maybe the hardfork (constantinople and st peterburg) impact only the miners.  average users won't see any difference in eth uses.  hopefully there would be no selloffs after no increase in price after hardfork. 

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:09:59 AM

Devs will continue develop a new brunch of Ethereum, that will appear after Constantinople hardfork. And the old brunch most likely will be forgotten fast, because for miners it is not interesting to waste their mining power.

Hardwork countdown https://etherscan.io/block/countdown/7280000
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:18:44 AM

Devs will continue develop a new brunch of Ethereum, that will appear after Constantinople hardfork. And the old brunch most likely will be forgotten fast, because for miners it is not interesting to waste their mining power.

So after this hard fork we will have another hard fork which will result in an entirely new ETH chain???
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:31:59 AM

So after this hard fork we will have another hard fork which will result in an entirely new ETH chain???
Are you talking as a member of ethereum team or otherwise?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:34:28 AM

Are you talking as a member of ethereum team or otherwise?
I am talking otherwise. Amalker said "devs will develop a new brunch of ETH that will appear after the constantinople hardfork and the old brunch will be fogotten fast" this reminds me of ETC after ETH forked. If it's going to split into another new coin I would love to stack ETH so I can double up on the split.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: