Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH hard fork  (Read 369 times)
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:35:14 AM

can go up can also go down, depending on the fundamentals and reactions of people to the fork itself.
if they think this is a good thing, of course people will give a positive response and make demand go up, and if not the price might drop when the hardfork occurs.
my prediction it will stable, untill bitcoin rise again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:37:50 AM

eth fork will not changing anything, if we want market recover, we need bull run for sure.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:12:31 AM

if price were to get pumped, it would have gotten pumped already. that has been the case with all the hundreds of altcoin hard forks and splits in the past. the pumps start at least 1 week before the fork and continue up until the day the fork is to happen and we see a dump on that day which will continue until after the fork.

with this fork it seems like the market doesn't care about ethereum anymore and investors are more scared of it than before because of the bugs that their forks always introduce and also the fact that ETH can split into two new coins after this fork and lost a huge percentage of its price.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
javainn

Activity: 733
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:15:58 AM

What can we expect with ETH hard fork that is scheduled today? It is obviously not birthing a new coin but an upgrade. What I am more curious on is if its going to help the price at least reach $200
although eth doesn't reach a maximum price and reaches $ 200 but at least ethereum is currently in the best position and the hardfork effect will definitely be felt for now. we can wait for the hardfork effect until later on.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:58:00 AM

i am still expecting a big split to happen and there is a good chance that we end up with two different coins as the old original chain remains and the new one is forked off from it.

as for the price it seems like this time the fork hype is even more disappointing than the last time. last time we at least had a small pump but this time it seems like nobody is willing to touch it anymore!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 12:00:48 PM

What can we expect with ETH hard fork that is scheduled today? It is obviously not birthing a new coin but an upgrade. What I am more curious on is if its going to help the price at least reach $200
We've seen recent spike in ethereum recently... while this may be a positive news for ethereum.. I don't think it will help the price at all..  regardless ethereum will grow once the bull is back
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 12:15:13 PM

I think most of the issues of hard fork involves the improvement of a particular blockchain, Ethereum hard fork if successfully implemented will help increase the scalability of the Ethereum  ecosystem and might affect the price positively on the long run

HOMT

Powered by,
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 12:16:51 PM

eth fork will not changing anything, if we want market recover, we need bull run for sure.

Can you please explain why ETH hard fork doesnt change anything? And can you explain how to initiate a bull run? Please enlighten us with your knowledge in regard with crypto market.

Anyway, this hard fork will have a chance to give birth to another coin than an upgrade. Yet, both could make the price increase in an unpredictable fashion.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 12:27:27 PM

This will not happen because the market is moving after Bitcoin and Ethereum is no exception. The network upgrade itself is not the reason for the coin price increase. For several months, we see that the price of ETH is below $150 and this is an important resistance line that needs to be overcome for further growth.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
dhiraj0977

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 12:32:41 PM

Thanks for updated info link, hearing a lot about fork, but still no confirmed date about that. It is for sure good for the Ethereum future development and its rise.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:34:48 PM

We hope by eth hardfork could make price is back to higher and always have potential to make eth on higher price later, eth hardfork could really at tomorrow and hope not delay again like last two weeks.

Eth hardfork is expected from many days and this forum needs a change in the price. If the hardfork happens then we can expect some new projects hopefully where the entire forum will get benefited from this. And I am sure the price will increase without any doubt.

kevincandra

Activity: 261

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:44:49 PM

Is that true ? I see in the market there hasn't been a significant change in the price of Ethereum? So, when is Hardfork scheduled? maybe not today,maybe

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[Fintropy]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Tokenized ETF Management Platform
www.fintropy.io
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:51:42 PM

What we expect is the more advance Ethereum Blockchain and obviously thats the ultimate goal of this hardfork. But i think its not really affect the Ethereum price on the trading market since most of the time supply and demand is the driving factor of its price move.
Kolikalex55

Activity: 278

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:57:52 PM

I think this update will be very useful for the Ethereum network. The development team is working and it is clearly visible. No one will say exactly how this news will affect the growth of prices, but I think that the price increase is a matter of time !

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:38:08 PM

You are right that Ethereum hard fork means network update, not the appearance of a new coin. But this event does not affect the rate of the coin. Only Bitcoin can make the market move, but the rate could not consolidate above $4k, this means that to achieve ETH $200, the growth of the entire cryptocurrency market is necessary.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
LeetPoolsOP

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:40:48 PM

I think that the price will not rise to $ 200, but I want to believe that the update will go well and the project team will succeed
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:55:51 PM

Recently, I don’t expect something very cool, because it seems to me that nothing will happen today, and if something happens, it will be only with the influx of a huge number of funds that are used in the world today.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:45:13 PM

Does anyone know if the hardfork will result in another coin which will pay out balances for ETH hodlers?
I am worried about this issue and no one could answer me.
There is an option that some miners will not agree with the innovation, and then such an outcome may be possible.
I think that some exchanges deliberately gave us such statements - that they support Constantinople Fork

Why would those miners do that when all signs indicate that there is a broad consensus in following and supporting this upgrade? They would be mining a coin that they could not sell and that would be worthless. I don't think this is going to happen.
ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:50:25 PM

This is really unexpected for me.. usually before a hardfork come a huge growth in price before , and a big dump just after it takes place. But seems that ETH didnt dumped in price. MOre strange is a continued stability of market..no more volatility anymore, which is good for a massive adoption!

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:06:58 PM

Nothing happening due to this hardwork and I feels good for this because people lost interest on these kind of speculation and just concentrating on their long term goals which can make the crypto market as more matured.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: