Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:21:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH hard fork  (Read 371 times)
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:14:04 PM

What can we expect with ETH hard fork that is scheduled today? It is obviously not birthing a new coin but an upgrade. What I am more curious on is if its going to help the price at least reach $200
I don't think this update will have a big impact on prices. it may take longer after hardfork is finished, we can see ethereum prices going up. for now maybe $ 150 is the right target for this week.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:39:11 PM

What can we expect with ETH hard fork that is scheduled today? It is obviously not birthing a new coin but an upgrade. What I am more curious on is if its going to help the price at least reach $200

hardfork this time could not be expected. so I'm hard to believe that after the update is finished the price of ethereum rises. the current price has started to fall again, so it could be not going up but there will be a new fall waiting after hardfork.
OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:39:51 PM

How eth price after hardfork, growing up or down and nice for waiting about eth price after hardfork moment, many chance could be happen with eth raised up or down and maybe keep still at lower price.
HeroicZ1

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:42:38 PM

how come good cryptos always need to go and do hard forks? Eth is already functional as it is right?
pics4crypto

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:07:06 PM

how come good cryptos always need to go and do hard forks? Eth is already functional as it is right?
Because this is an update of all the functionality and we must use an innovative product or platform. Ethereum is the best platform for all kinds of activities.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:33:45 PM

This is really unexpected for me.. usually before a hardfork come a huge growth in price before , and a big dump just after it takes place. But seems that ETH didnt dumped in price. MOre strange is a continued stability of market..no more volatility anymore, which is good for a massive adoption!

Eth hardfork is a serious topic going across this forum and I hope they will not postpone it this time by giving a shit reason, we will not always be in a volatile market, people come with different speculations but we need to be very cautious about the market and it's future.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:36:00 PM

Price is a different topic but i think if the upgrades are successful and it impacts the eth network positively by improving the overall efficiency of the eth network then i am sure we are going to see steady growth for eth price in upcoming months for sure but lets wait for the upgrades first.

baigreen

Activity: 625

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:37:38 PM

I do not know this was not bad. If it helps to grow the price of ETH this should have been done long ago. But it can change the trends in the markets. Will the bear appeal to the bull? I think no. And if growth is something that is not for long.
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:42:19 PM

You are right, there would be no new coin, but they have promised to make Ether faster, to reduce transactions costs and to reduce the mining reward. Lets just wait and see what happens, around 1 hour till the update.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:53:35 PM

I do not know this was not bad. If it helps to grow the price of ETH this should have been done long ago. But it can change the trends in the markets. Will the bear appeal to the bull? I think no. And if growth is something that is not for long.
We hope that this upgrading now a new protocol on ethereum will bring and contribute a market increase in ethereum and also this Constantinople upgrading aims to optimized the Ethereum network to have widespread support. So, I think there's no reason this coin will not having a growth movement after this fork.

abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:11:34 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 10:02:33 PM by abstractednerve

Yes, this fork will not bring any new coin! Last year Etheeum price collapsed suddenly, and many investors sold their Ethereum, therefore 9in 2018, we have seen Ethereum network slow issues many times. So, this Constantinople hard fork will improve the Ethereum network and ETH blockchain will be upgraded. That's it. Though this is great news for all the ETH supporter but I don't think ETH [price will hit 200 USD because of this hard fork.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

shaina_joy (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 04:05:29 AM

It doesn't even increase the market price of ethereum and other altcoins? I think I just let me lose when I buy some ethereum today. I just hope I didn't in order to save my investment rather than to pay transaction fees.

The market determines the price. I think we are still in the bear market as of the moment. There is a golden rule in investing into crypto "invest only what you can afford to lose"
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 04:25:28 AM

Price is a different topic but i think if the upgrades are successful and it impacts the eth network positively by improving the overall efficiency of the eth network then i am sure we are going to see steady growth for eth price in upcoming months for sure but lets wait for the upgrades first.
So was it yesterday ethereum update? Doesn't anyone know that?
If the update is successful, and the functions of this coin will improve, and above all it concerns the ethereum scale, then its price will certainly increase. However, this will occur gradually and taking into account the general state of the cryptocurrency market.
Raizou

Activity: 758
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 04:44:58 AM

The Hard Fork was successful, the price remains stable without any FOMO or FUD. I think it will continue like this in the coming weeks.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 05:09:19 AM

The Hard Fork was successful, the price remains stable without any FOMO or FUD. I think it will continue like this in the coming weeks.
Agree. ETH price is quite stable. That is the fact after the hard fork finished, the ETH price is not increasing at all.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 05:21:03 AM

Usually the price will go up before forking, it did rise a little but then the price got correction again, and for now the price is quite stable, the anticipation and enthusiasm is not too big for this forking, usually after few days forking, the price will go down
debby070
Copper Member

Activity: 140

www.codex.one

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 05:22:20 AM

I think we should not expect a price fluctuation at this upgrade, since no new coin will be created, no sense to buy another ethereum in the market to enjoy the fork. Just an upgrade that will going to happen.

Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154

www.codex.one

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 05:25:13 AM

This official article has all the details :
https://blog.ethereum.org/2019/02/22/ethereum-constantinople-st-petersburg-upgrade-announcement/

It has already been delayed by a month and should be thoroughly tested by now so no worries. Hope to see Eehereum start rising again after it is done.

They already stated that the fork will going to happen on february 28, 2019 then extend again for the second time at march 1. What is that upgrade about? I lost too much while buying ethereum but still extend.

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 06:33:14 AM

Agree. ETH price is quite stable. That is the fact after the hard fork finished, the ETH price is not increasing at all.
yes, hardfork runs smoothly but nothing has changed at all to price movements, maybe because this time hardfork doesn't produce new coins so not many people are interested in buying ETH now

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
mangsitin

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 06:41:35 AM

Yes, this hardfork ETH does not result in an increase in prices for ETH, but I think now that the ETH network is getting faster because it has been upgrade, so the price is still stable and continues to follow the price movements of Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: