Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:03:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinhive cryptojacking service to shut down in March 2019  (Read 157 times)
vit05 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:17:46 AM

zdnet

"The drop in hash rate (over 50%) after the last Monero hard fork hit us hard," the company said. "So did the 'crash' of the crypto currency market with the value of XMR depreciating over 85% within a year."

"This and the announced hard fork and algorithm update of the Monero network on March 9 has lead us to the conclusion that we need to discontinue Coinhive," the company said

It is sad to see a curious experiment like this one be shut down. But unfortunately, most people that have put this on their website didn´t warn about. I hope that someone could think in a better version in the future.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:26:34 PM

Coinhive have a bad reputation in many users and their mining script in most of the antivirus treat as a virus. I'm sure this is their plan to don't let other bloggers and users know about this so that they can still make money and run their funds.

Coinhive is banned in a google search engine and many antiviruses and website due to their browser mining script. So I think this is one of the reasons why they shutdown their website. And I am sure there is another new website come with the same feature and service offer.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 772

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:55:43 PM

Coinhive have a bad reputation in many users and their mining script in most of the antivirus treat as a virus. I'm sure this is their plan to don't let other bloggers and users know about this so that they can still make money and run their funds.

Coinhive is banned in a google search engine and many antiviruses and website due to their browser mining script. So I think this is one of the reasons why they shutdown their website. And I am sure there is another new website come with the same feature and service offer.
Theres no other coinhive in the net so basically this is the thing he do mention about Coinhive. This is my first time hearing out that Monero is part of it.

Coinhive might be useful for some but talking generally this is a piece of crap script.Yes, it do gives out the chance to mine something out of your computing power
but it isnt really worth to let it run on your pc. There are lots of complaints about on this one and even my current anti-virus do detect it as a malware.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 03:03:12 PM

This is just the nature of business. Those that can't stay profitable and provide customers with a good service will end up going out of business.  Let the strong companies thrive and the weak perish.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: