Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless Economy: Is Society ready for transformation?  (Read 20717 times)
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 05:09:30 PM

Cashless India, the Digital India programme is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. “Faceless, Paperless, Cashless” is one of the professed roles of Digital India.
There will not be a time the world would be ready for a cashless society. Not everyone is developed to that extent, there are people who prefers the physical cash , what they can see and touch and they believe it is a better option to digital payments . Everyone can never have the same opinion or like the same thing. It’s all about choice.

Rome was not built in a day, “Faceless, Paperless, Cashless” can be achieve but other infrastructure need to be in position. The willingness of it citizens is the starting point.
There are some things that most of you are not putting into consideration. That you’re privileged to know about Bitcoin and all these digital form of payments today doesn’t mean everyone has same privilege. If there happens to be a cashless society, it is not going to be in favor of everyone. You have a computer and you have a smartphone, there are others who can’t afford all that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 06:36:51 PM

Well even a well developed countries still not entirely cashless, I doubt it could be succeed in the developing country, it need a sophisticated infrastructure and all of the citizen that are aware of technology, the cashless technology couldn't be suddenly implemented, it need times and adaptation, so I will say for now the society still not ready yet, maybe if the government consistent in 5-10 years it will work
I agree. Here in my country it is too hard to adopt cashless society as we are entitled as a third world country where technology is something favorable only to the highly developed cities wherein lower status in the society seems to be the majority. Cashless may only be accessible to those in the middle class though if we are talking about crypto everyone could get in. Centralized assets such as credit/debit cards issued by banks are one sided.
  No need to be worry very soon it will be adopted by low status cities but it will surely take some time have patience I am sure all over the world only crypto currency will be there but till now we have almost 60 percent of countries living with only crypto currency but no cash and gradually everyone and every country is adopting cryptic currency as main payment resource I am hopeful.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 01:05:56 AM

Cashless India, the Digital India programme is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. “Faceless, Paperless, Cashless” is one of the professed roles of Digital India.
Lets discuss!!

People in India are definitely not ready. People of Sweden are ready for no cash tomorrow. But I guess crypto will turn all that around soon.
Even my country is still not ready for this one because only 2% of the population knows how to invest and cryptocurrency is not fully legal. There are some country who are ready for this but for sure they still need fiat money for some reason.

Cryptocurencies are cash. Cashless society is no cash. Cashless society are numbers on a centralized ledger.   Bitcoin and Monero are cash. You control your coins. Like you control a bill in your hand.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 02:16:30 AM

Well even a well developed countries still not entirely cashless, I doubt it could be succeed in the developing country, it need a sophisticated infrastructure and all of the citizen that are aware of technology, the cashless technology couldn't be suddenly implemented, it need times and adaptation, so I will say for now the society still not ready yet, maybe if the government consistent in 5-10 years it will work
I agree. Here in my country it is too hard to adopt cashless society as we are entitled as a third world country where technology is something favorable only to the highly developed cities wherein lower status in the society seems to be the majority. Cashless may only be accessible to those in the middle class though if we are talking about crypto everyone could get in. Centralized assets such as credit/debit cards issued by banks are one sided.
  No need to be worry very soon it will be adopted by low status cities but it will surely take some time have patience I am sure all over the world only crypto currency will be there but till now we have almost 60 percent of countries living with only crypto currency but no cash and gradually everyone and every country is adopting cryptic currency as main payment resource I am hopeful.
Yes calm down, cashless will occur in our society, it only takes time. technology-blind and old people will die, and be replaced by millennials now. and when regeneration occurs we will see the digital currency as the main currency
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 07:12:04 AM

I do not think that ever we will switch completely to non-cash forms of payment. Anyway, not in the foreseeable future. The percentage of using non-cash forms of payment will increase, but the cash of the states will not disappear. They will always be in demand, since they are very convenient in practice, we are not dependent on any technology, there can be no technical failures, we are not dependent on anything, the transaction is not monitored in any way.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 07:25:33 AM

Yes calm down, cashless will occur in our society, it only takes time. technology-blind and old people will die, and be replaced by millennials now. and when regeneration occurs we will see the digital currency as the main currency

Sure old people and technology blind people can die soon but what about the poor economy of other country ?  We are already in the future but there are still poor people that didnt have the knowledge and resources to operate cryptos  do you think they can disappear ?  No i dont really think so  . thats why i think cash will not be extinct  because those kind of people that i mentioned are the ones that will use cash forever  .
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 07:49:16 AM

It should not just be India who will have to take that jump into using the blockchain technology.
A lot of countries up until now are having a hard time into keeping up in technology. There are still long lines for bills payment and also in the banking system.
Why wait if we could just do it all online and also pay and do other transaction in your house with an internet.
Maybe this could be a good leap for India and also let other countries see what changes it could make to enhance the transaction system.
Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:44:47 AM

Each country has different situation regarding this. Maybe government of India feel that their citizens ready for this, I can't comment more than this because I clearly don't know about India, I live in Indonesia and here many people still can't get good infrastructures even for go to the neighbor city, indonesia is big country and build infrastructures here is very hard. So for indonesia this is not the time for cashless economy.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:45:52 AM

Lets discuss!!
Being cashless is really an advantage for people who always go shpping and pay bills because they don't need to fall in line. They only need is their smartphones and the internet by that they can send their transactions. But i know that it is not only india who are becoming cashless, a lot countries also starting to become cashless lile sweden, america, and many more.
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:08:51 PM
Merited by wildduck (1)

If I recall from several years ago think that Sweden was only country that wanted to use crypto in everyday, if I recall E-crown was name of project,. But cannot remember what happen to this. However they are country that have more then 90% cashless usage and this is good for them. Also many other countries are more cashless then other but still we are far from achieving it globally.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 05:00:55 PM

Lets discuss!!
In my own personal opinion, india is not the only country who became cashless because developed country like america, japan, sweden, denmark and many more are also going cashless and it is really becoming effective in their country. Going cashlessnis really helpful for every consumers because they don't need to wait in a long line and get the money in their bags or pockets they all just need is smartphones that will give you fast transactions.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:01:49 PM

Lets discuss!!

The society is not going to be fully ready if the move is not being made and that is the fact. The revolution of a cashless economy is not happening only in India but almost across the whole world and this is mostly driven because of the continuous increase in technology and the way we do things. At the same time I don't think the adoption should be rushed except there is plan to leave some members of the society behind as not everybody would be able to grab information at the same time but eventually its going to circulate or maybe the older population would phase out eventually.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:22:29 PM

Where is the article you are citing? At least post the link when starting topics.

Back to topic, I think India would just end up following China's path. It is "cashless" in the sense that transactions are done online through apps and stuff but they still require banks for this and of course, the "cashless" money being transferred is fiat. I don't think this will do much to increase crypto adoption in India, considering it seem to be even more hostile to bitcoin than China.

Might even affect adoption. "Why would I bother with this crypto thing if I can just use my money in the bank to buy stuff?" some might ask. Coz as it stands now, Bitcoin is far less convenient than what the Chinese are using.
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:08:54 PM

Whether society is ready or not it will happen eventually. It is already adopted in some countries and it functions well. I don't know if India is ready for that concept at this moment but everyone needs to start sometime. I know that it is country with billion+ people and I don't know if it is equally developed in all areas of the country and that can be problem in this case.
Osamede

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 09:14:53 PM

Governments across the world encourage a cashless society principally to save costs.In a cashless society, printing of fiats will be to a less degree, you basically just enter some digits into the system and is counted as cash in the system.Less than 5% of money in some advanced economies are really in physical forms.Of course they are not backed by any assets

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
Osamede

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 09:19:55 PM

Whether society is ready or not it will happen eventually. It is already adopted in some countries and it functions well. I don't know if India is ready for that concept at this moment but everyone needs to start sometime. I know that it is country with billion+ people and I don't know if it is equally developed in all areas of the country and that can be problem in this case.
All countries already adopt a cashless society to a certain degree and India is certainly not an exception to the rule. All international business are done through wire transfers.Only a fraction of physical cash is being used at the retail level.

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:32:29 PM

Right.Cashless society will sure to happen few years from now.But it would be more fastly developed if the government too will create some educational programs to help billions of people to understand cashless society and guide them in this development.Some of the countries have started it successfully and sooner more countries will be adopting it too.

Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:12:10 AM

Right.Cashless society will sure to happen few years from now.But it would be more fastly developed if the government too will create some educational programs to help billions of people to understand cashless society and guide them in this development.Some of the countries have started it successfully and sooner more countries will be adopting it too.

Cashless society will happen soon because government support this but i think its not about cryptocurrency. We know cryptocurrency banned in many country if used as currency and i think digital money is paper money that still controlled by central banks

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:20:22 AM

I think the concern of the government of many countries is not to educate their people to get to know technology more, yeah that might be done in some developed countries with large economies, for developing countries their concern is to solve poverty problems first, they will get rid of cashless interests, because it will develop naturally
Kirito-kun

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:40:57 AM

Well, cashless economy is quite good idea but somehow it is not appropriate in other country especially in the third world since not all of their places have enough technology to access this innovation. Besides there are some folks who cannot afford this technology which cannot fully implemented throughout their places.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: