Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:11:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptos-Currencies.Com : First forum using Epochtalk  (Read 2961 times)
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1795

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 02:38:06 AM

Hello. I noticed that if you edit an avatar from a computer, then the second time you can edit an avatar only by URL.

Is this supposed to be a bug? I think it shows where the avatar was stored on the server side.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6424

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:48:43 PM

Just found a bug in the arabic setion

here is how i typed the post

this is how it looks

everything that is on the left side of the English verse must be shifted to the right and the opposite is also true.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lulucrypto (OP)

Activity: 709
Merit: 335

You need someone to develop your Web project ?

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 09:56:27 PM
Merited by xandry (2), hugeblack (1)

Hello, everyone !

Tonight, I took the time to start reporting Cheesy

- Problem with Arabic texts : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues/501
- Detection problem on URL's : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues/502
- Problem with HTML tags : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues/503
- Smileys problem : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues/504
- Problem, user who can re-display a message in self : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues/505

Some suggestions :
- https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues/506

Well, I'm far from finished, but I'm doing my best with the time I have Wink

Web developer.0x0AB75f882ef60731e02212fFcfBA7C5ce6e0B4F3
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:17:58 PM

Hey I love the idea of people using epoch for their new forums, I will try look around from time to time, also, you have an extra S on the domain, it should be crypto-currencies but your choice I guess Tongue.

I really hope to not see any kind of obvious scam coin promoted or endorsed in your forum, atleast till you have enough traffic to not be able to control it.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
lulucrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 10:21:10 PM

Thank you, I will try to better control this forum, do not worry Cheesy

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10858

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 12:07:25 PM

If anyone is interested, @akinsey (Epochtalk team) has started to process the bug queue, adding comment to some of those that have been reported and assigning some of them to his team to tackle (see https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues).

Bugs are best reported on a one by one basis (I reported mine as a Batch), but the Epochtalk team seems to dissect the bugs reports if they are already in a Batch format.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Merit: 3149

₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:10:21 PM

If anyone is interested, @akinsey (Epochtalk team) has started to process the bug queue, adding comment to some of those that have been reported and assigning some of them to his team to tackle (see https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues).

Bugs are best reported on a one by one basis (I reported mine as a Batch), but the Epochtalk team seems to dissect the bugs reports if they are already in a Batch format.

This is a good news,
I have to post my bugs sometime soon. I already made e account on github.
So better to have a different case for each bug. I'll do it ASAP.
Been busy the last few weeks....

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10858

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 12:27:12 PM

<...>
Some of the issues I reported are fixed, and likely need some software update on the Cryptos-Currencies site in order for us to see the fix applied. Some other issues are queued with a priority, whilst others require further input on our behalf which the Epochtalk team will ask for if required.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Merit: 3149

₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:51:42 PM

<...>
Some of the issues I reported are fixed, and likely need some software update on the Cryptos-Currencies site in order for us to see the fix applied. Some other issues are queued with a priority, whilst others require further input on our behalf which the Epochtalk team will ask for if required.

Yeah I just checked the last " conversation " between two of you. I guess Lulu is aware of the change and can update the forum software so we can continue to search for bugs.

F2b

Activity: 2112
Merit: 897

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:21:47 PM
Merited by xandry (10)

Hi!
I don't know why, but with Chromium (laptop running Linux Mint), the page can't stop refreshing itself:
https://youtu.be/97vh7kM6ucY
https://youtu.be/jKEKX7tcKAY
I tried to clear cache, without any effect.
With Firefox I don't have the problem.
lulucrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 10:52:27 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2019, 10:44:14 AM by mprep
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), tmfp (1)

Translate from my French post :

Good evening,

As said at the launch of this forum, the VPS of this one would be renewed only with the help of your donations.

Well it's done, I thank the two anonymous people who gave me the equivalent of +/- 25€ on the Bitcoin donation address ^^

So for the sake of transparency, it is important for me to specify this :

I didn't directly sell the total present on the donation address, instead, I switched the BTCs to an address that serves as my long-term hold.

After that, I took 21.53€ from a recent customer's payment to pay for the VPS. That's it, I think it's important to clarify that.

To finish the final screen of the invoice :

As indicated on the screen, the VPS is therefore renewed for 6 months Smiley

Here you go, I remind you of the addresses of donations if you wish to support the initiative :
- BTC : 1KhANqSrk323EScYehyR3xs3k5DvWZydGh
- LTC : LR1AF7EB7zPaWoTjohkarCv1YyrfNcFovf
- ETH : 0xB43eb6dFF4FE452531f0f66C9b7e42000f0a22a3
- NEO : AX4WyKhdmJsicvkmHpinMq9DsuWKaGpWap

Thanks again to the people who gave, and who will give !

Note : Sorry not to be very active, these last few weeks are very busy for me ^^

See you soon !

Hello,

Just a quick message to prevent that I updated the forum ^^

If you want to know more :

- https://www.cryptos-currencies.com/threads/Hcc_uC1KQ5yn-tU1xmzuHQ/posts

I do not have more time to develop for today, sorry Roll Eyes

Hello,

Thanks for your Feedback, I will report it to the developer soon ^^

Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1477

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:46:24 PM

Hello,
I tried to use the new forum software few weeks ago.
I would like to suggest adding more boards for other languages to see how it works and if dev can add the systems implemented in the actual forum (trust system,merit system,...).
I know that it's technically hard and Very time consuming, but if with the help of other good volunteers, may be it will be important to test all those functionalities.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
JohnnyDoe2

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:29:42 PM

Why not stick with this software? It works fine. Developing entirely new software is a bit overkill as the market is already flooded with software anyway (SMF, phpBB, Xenforo, Burning Board, IPB, vBulletin, etc.).

You clearly don't care about updating software anyway considering you've completely ignored the fact that SMF 2.0 has been out for years...
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5724

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 06:46:20 AM

Has anyone of you experienced a delay with the confirmation email?
I can't complete my registration due to the delayed email (it's been 30 minutes at the time of writing).
Yes, I've tried to look in Spam, Trash or Archive but there's nothing.

BTW, I used a non-gmail email account: spam.collector@randomace.tk <-you can send spam here.
There's no "re-send confirmation email" button anywhere either.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kavelj22
Legendary

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 12:44:32 PM

The actual forum software is smoothly running, and we are all satisfied with it. But it still has some lacks which aimed to be filled in the new software.
If you think the forum will be outly running with the new software and should be migrated to another existing one, please make a full description of your analysis and suggestions, then post it here (in this board).
Last note: the new software is yet in test stage and there is no real confirmation that the forum will migrate soon.

By checking the github repository, no one had reported this issue.
I registered two accounts without any delay with the email confirmation (i used protonmail for both of them). I suggest you to use a gmail account or yahoo...
It would be better if you report issues in GitHub: https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/issues

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
EmmaLory

Activity: 40
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:05:27 AM

I Like This Forum, But I recommend You forum needed more graphic quality. Graphic Quality not good
JohnnyDoe2

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 06:27:42 AM

The actual forum software is smoothly running, and we are all satisfied with it. But it still has some lacks which aimed to be filled in the new software.
If you think the forum will be outly running with the new software and should be migrated to another existing one, please make a full description of your analysis and suggestions, then post it here (in this board).
Last note: the new software is yet in test stage and there is no real confirmation that the forum will migrate soon.

I already tried explaining the reason for sticking with SMF - users here are already familiar with it. If you move to a new system then everyone has to get used to how the new system works.

For example, there has been a request for a responsive/mobile-friendly layout. SMF 2.0.15 can do that with the Responsive Curve mod/theme and SMF 2.1 has that ability by default.

What benefits will this new software provide that an existing solution won't?
Halab
Staff
Legendary

Merit: 2036

I find your lack of faith in Bitcoin disturbing.

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:48:15 AM

I would like to suggest adding more boards for other languages to see how it works

Tell me which languages you want to be added. I have the opportunity to do this and will do it as soon as possible, it's not very complicated to do.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nc50lc
Legendary

Merit: 5724

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 12:04:43 PM

How about "Re-send Confirmation Email" link or button after the "account not confirmed" heads up notification?

After 30 hours (since this post), I still haven't received the confirmation email.
I checked every folder, still nothing; I double-check the registered email and it's correct.

A re-send button is a must as a solution to cases like this.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kavelj22
Legendary

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 02:14:01 PM

I can see two reasons for moving the forum:
1- Theymos started working on the new forum software since a long time (early 2013). At that time there was no upgraded versions of the forum's softwares. Spending a lot of money and time on it, we are still testing the epochtalk.
2- Vulnerability issue, as the forum DB has been hacked early in 2015, which required an urgent solution.
Read this:
The software is substantially complete. The main period of development was a while ago; the current work is mainly just maintenance & relatively minor improvements. Try running it yourself and you'll find that it's working, fast, and nearly feature-complete.

The things blocking a transition from the current software to the new software are:
 - There hasn't been enough testing. I think that immediately after transition, a variety of small missed features, bugs, and performance issues would crop up. As a result, if the transition happened now (which is technically possible!), I'd expect the post-transition user experience to be poor for months while these things are fixed, which I don't want.
 - I am the only bitcointalk.org sysadmin and on-demand programmer, and I'm used to the current software. Furthermore, I need to frequently make changes to the current software, but each change I make might require alterations to Epochtalk, which is problematic.
 - The current PHP software, while ugly and sub-optimal in many ways, performs well, especially since I have extensively modified the backend to add features and improve performance. So I don't feel much urgency.
 - The data-transition procedure still has a few known minor bugs.

We continue to work on these issues. I think that ultimately I may need to hire one or more full-time people, since a big problem is that the full transition is likely to create a ton of work which I won't be able to effectively handle alone.

The software is not vaporware (it's long existed in a runnable state, and is currently basically feature-complete), and is not abandoned (look at the git commit log). If anyone is unhappy with the progress, I invite them to take the Epochtalk code and create a competing forum with it; since they won't have to worry about the transition issues, they'd have a much easier time, and their testing will also end up helping us.

In short: If you want the software quicker, go run your own forum with it, and work to get any problems or missing features you find resolved via bug reports, etc. This would increase public interest, provide much-needed testing, and I might even hire you to work on bitcointalk.org when we're ready to do the final transition here.

I would like to suggest adding more boards for other languages to see how it works

Tell me which languages you want to be added. I have the opportunity to do this and will do it as soon as possible, it's not very complicated to do.
Only russian, french, and arabic boards had been created. I guess adding boards for languages having special letters like Hebreu and Bengladesh...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x