Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:20:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful with your blockchain transactions  (Read 617 times)
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 09:16:52 PM

Transaction of $13 worth of ETH with a fee that is worth $200k! Damn! That’s a lot , I just don’t really get what happened right there. Why would anyone do such a thing, if it was intentionally ?

It was 291 btc of fees  Shocked
Was it a mistake or they are all just doing it ?  Roll Eyes I’m not going to make such a mistake unless the wallet I’m using doesn’t show me the fees they charge for a transaction. I’m always very careful when making transaction and by the way such a thing has not happened to me before, despite I have made use of several wallets. Maybe these guys chose a custom fee and they were aware of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 07:32:48 AM

I cant believe that this person sent 0.1 Ether with 2,100 Ether transaction fee. I am pretty sure that this person is crying out right now and just shaking his / her head repeatedly. What will you do if this happens to you? How will you comfort your self at a time like this? 2,100 Ethereum for transaction fee really is a big amount and unfair on that person but a mistake was already made. I hope that he can contact the miner who processed that transaction for reimbursement which is I think possible. Look on the reference below.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x1f73b43dc9c48cc131a931fac7095de9e5eba0c5184ec0c5c5f1f32efa2a6bab
I think this is a data sent by a robot. It is impossible for a normal human to send several transactions at the same time. The transaction volume of this address is very large.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 07:58:00 AM

This would be a fully regrettable act that had been done by anyone. Perhaps the owner miss on entering the amount of fees being used to sent the transaction.
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:41:36 AM

I cant believe that this person sent 0.1 Ether with 2,100 Ether transaction fee. I am pretty sure that this person is crying out right now and just shaking his / her head repeatedly. What will you do if this happens to you? How will you comfort your self at a time like this? 2,100 Ethereum for transaction fee really is a big amount and unfair on that person but a mistake was already made. I hope that he can contact the miner who processed that transaction for reimbursement which is I think possible. Look on the reference below.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x1f73b43dc9c48cc131a931fac7095de9e5eba0c5184ec0c5c5f1f32efa2a6bab
I think this is a data sent by a robot. It is impossible for a normal human to send several transactions at the same time. The transaction volume of this address is very large.
This is just a single transaction,but the fee was entered at the wrong column which makes it completely hilaourious action.I know the user can't do anything now so people need to be aware of sending the their funds in the next time especially when the wallet ask gas fee from you.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 08:45:15 AM

This is a supposedly very old new and it looks like you just knew about it. But though it's good just for those like you who haven't heard of the news. Also the transaction seems to be an error as this rarely happen. So it's either the sender is a total novice or he didn't take note of the development before making the transaction

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:48:18 AM

I have seen the transaction hash and I don't think it is an error. I think the sender made the tx fee to be high intentionally. Maybe he/she was doing a giveaway to a lucky miner

crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 01:16:52 PM

You should always be careful with such things and this is the obvious disadvantage of Ethereums blockchain. It is simply unbelievable, thats why always double check the transactions amount, the gas price and gweis.
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 01:22:46 PM

It has happened somedays ago. I didn't track the event though. Sparkpool has said to refund it to the owner if he claim. Don't know what happened later. Hope for the betterment. Some said, he intentionally sent it as a reward to the miner.
really? But there are many miners who constantly handle blocks and how can they get the fairest? I think this is a mistake and hope he will get money back from Sparkpool.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 01:29:07 PM

absolutely right and in my opinion it is also impossible for humans to send multiple transactions at the same time, because there are robots working on transactions
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 01:39:35 PM

he trying to send that big amount, but he entered on transaction fee instead, I think he is drunk doing that so what a big mistake for him, lesson for him to not doing transaction when drunk.
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 01:41:28 PM

he trying to send that big amount, but he entered on transaction fee instead, I think he is drunk doing that so what a big mistake for him, lesson for him to not doing transaction when drunk.
Is that a joke? Why do you think he / she is drunk. I think this is an organization that is testing the ETH network and this is a purposeful action

Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 01:48:18 PM

i dont thinkthat  this transaction is a mistake as we can see its happen several times very strange, i think he have a purpose why he did that and i dont know why, the etheruem he waste is can change lives.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 02:51:16 PM

in my opinion there is a system error, there is no possibility of such a fee, for returns you can contact the admin directly that you can give responsibility, maybe your ether will be returned

Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 02:58:14 PM

This is not new i mean i've seen something like this before. I think it wasn't done by accident coz everyone is checking the transaction fee before we send it right. It is somehow suspicious coz it could be stolen ETH's or yeah might be money laundering but we never know lol
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 04:05:39 PM

As for me, it looks like some kind of money laundering. Not so long ago, a similar situation was with Bitcoin, there, too, some pool received a reward of several btc in a block with a few bucks transaction. If there were regulatory authorities in the crypto industry, they would definitely have been interested in this incident.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:09:42 PM

This news is about last 2 weeks ago. For sure they are depressed and they did not know how they back his ethereum but they will not back again because once you set the fees there is no turning back or no solution for that. Alqays be careful of what we sent because it is not good to set fees more than you sent to your wallet. Watchful is the best for you to not cry in the end I hope that man will still okay or he is billionaire.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:17:08 PM

It is generally generally necessary to have real care. I still believe that cryptocurrency today can very seriously require great care. Any transaction now has a very serious problem, if today you sent a transaction, then it will not be changed.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 12:16:34 AM

aren't we when going to the final verification for the transaction, is there a detailed description including fees? so we know the fee we will pay before verifying our transaction. maybe it's a system bug, or indeed there is theft there.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
cp_underground

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 12:25:09 AM

It happened a long time ago, and usually i am not interested for this topic.
You know, i think that it's all is normal.

cryptpedia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 12:32:08 AM

The net doesnt have a mechanism to prevent this type of transactions? I think all modern wallet do not allow sending a fee that is over certain threshold. they should adopt this and code it in all cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: