Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:15:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash Discussion Thread  (Read 11370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 07:38:36 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2019, 06:16:49 AM by qwizzie

OKex Korea Delists Privacy Coins Citing Financial Action Task Force Rules

The South Korean cryptocurrency exchange is delisting Dash, along with Monero, Zcash, Horizon, and Super Bitcoin on October 10th citing that they do not comply with Financial Action Task Force rules, joining several exchanges which have recently delisted privacy coins.

News topic is a bit old (1 week old), but i myself forgot to post anything about this in here when the news actually
broke and its important information.
-qwiz

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 04:07:51 AM

The South Korean cryptocurrency exchange is delisting Dash, along with Monero, Zcash, Horizon, and Super Bitcoin on October 10th citing that they do not comply with Financial Action Task Force rules, joining several exchanges which have recently delisted privacy coins.

News topic is a bit old (1 week old), but i myself forgot to post anything about this in here when the news actually
-qwiz

***** Important Announcement *****

Looks like my thread has been moved from the Altcoin Discussion section to the Announcements (Altcoins) section.
Which means we have two Dash threads there now, our famous number 1 ranking Dash ANN thread and my own humble thread.
Not exactly my original intention :
This thread is ment to provide news, general information and discussion about Dash to the Bitcointalk forum users in this Altcoin Discussion section
But the bump part makes this interesting.  
Bump info : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5183553.0
FYI

wow, this is really a news rekt. Privacy coins seem to be having large exchanges delist because of security.
I am not a Dash fan or any other privacy coins, but I think our market no longer wants to accept this coin. As more and more big investors appear, the market needs more transparency and rationality.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 04:52:57 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2019, 05:11:02 AM by qwizzie

-qwiz

wow, this is really a news rekt. Privacy coins seem to be having large exchanges delist because of security.
I am not a Dash fan or any other privacy coins, but I think our market no longer wants to accept this coin. As more and more big investors appear, the market needs more transparency and rationality.

Dash just recently got listed on Coinbase, Coinbase Pro and will also be listed on Binance US. If you have read any of the posts in this thread, you should also know that plenty of other exchanges have absolutely no problem listing Dash.

Saying that "our market no longer wants to accept this coin" is therefore incorrect. Saying that "large exchanges delist because of security" is also incorrect, as the delisting is about exchanges trying to follow a new set of recommendations, issued by the FATF. A few exchanges seem to have a problem with following these FATF recommendations and decided to delist specific coins (not just Dash but 5 coins in total), to avoid dealing with this problem all together. So it is not about security, it is about how certain exchanges deal with FATF regulations by cutting out certain privacy coins.

So far the delisting of privacy coins concerns a few exchanges in the following countries :

Japan (Coincheck)
UK (Coinbase UK, CEX.io)
South Korea (OKEx Korea, Upbit)

And on state level : New York State (because of its Bitlicense, it is not very crypto-friendly to any cryptocurrency).

It is too soon to tell if this will be followed by other major exchanges. With regards to Dash specificly :

Dash can comply to the FATF travel rule to the same extend as Bitcoin. Both Bitcoin and Dash have open blockchains, both have public senders and receivers of which data can be gathered and both Bitcoin and Dash have a very low level of optional CoinJoin mixing activity on their network (Dash less then 1%, Bitcoin 4%).

Unlike Monero and Zcash and these other privacy-centric coins, Dash is far more focussed on providing instant, secure and low cost transactions and just offers optional privacy as one of its many services.

Dash is also a fork from Bitcoin and should be viewed as having the same legal status as Bitcoin. By delisting Dash you may as well delist Bitcoin. Dash is not a privacy-centric (only focussed on privacy) coin, but is by some exchanges unfairly treated as one.

I think most exchanges regnonice that Dash has the same legal status as Bitcoin and will therefore not delist it.
For those privacy-centric coins that shield both their sender and receiver (so the travel rule can not be complied with at any level), the situation could be different. They could face increased scrutiny from government agencies, who could put pressure on exchanges to delist these.

Here is summary of services and accomplishments that separate Dash from Monero, Zcash and other coins that are fully dedicated to providing only privacy :

* Dash has Instantsend set as default on most of its transactions. This means Dash can be received within a few seconds, protected against double spending and free of charge. This is Dash greatest achievement and a number of exchanges have thrown their support behind it.

* Dash developed ChainLocks which significantly improves it's security against 51% attacks. Dash network is therefore more secure then Bitcoin. Something that Coinbase Pro acknowledge by lowering their deposit conformations for Dash to just 2 confirmations. Any transaction that is ChainLocked is immediately secure against doublespending, can not be reversed and is assured of a place in a block. This means Coinbase Pro could have set number of deposit confirmations to just 1 and still have the same level of transaction security.

* Dash developed a multi-tier network by splitting the blockreward, thereby creating a miner tier and a full nodes (masternodes) tier and is working hard at providing a third tier of end-users & merchants that can directly connect to the  Dash network through a decentralized API (new to the world).

* Dash has a decentralized governance and budget system in place, where masternodes can vote over budget proposals and the network itself can be polled about which direction to go.

* Dash is working towards changing itself into a decentralized platform, on which to run additional decentralized services. Dash plans to offer data-type driven contracts, of which metadata can be stored on the masternodes itself, through Dash Drive.

* Dash offers optional privacy on its transactions by having implemented CoinJoin into their core code (the same CoinJoin that's supported on Bitcoin's network through several Bitcoin wallets, the same CoinJoin that can actually be directly issued on the Bitcoin network without any third party wallets help). The usage of this optional privacy on the Dash network is very low (less then 1%, lower then Bitcoin)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:22:32 AM

Buying Dash on Coinbase!

The Dash community was overjoyed to hear that Coinbase not only added Dash to it's professional trading exchange Coinbase Pro, but also listed it on it's main retail site Coinbase.com. This makes Dash available to buy for millions of retail accounts in over 100 countries. It's also incredibly easy to use. In this video, Christopher (Tao) demonstrates the ease of use on Coinbase, but not without some weirdness due to the bank that he uses. Screw the banks! :-)

#DigitalCash #DashNation

adamlillian

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:04:10 PM

Buying Dash on Coinbase!

The Dash community was overjoyed to hear that Coinbase not only added Dash to it's professional trading exchange Coinbase Pro, but also listed it on it's main retail site Coinbase.com. This makes Dash available to buy for millions of retail accounts in over 100 countries. It's also incredibly easy to use. In this video, Christopher (Tao) demonstrates the ease of use on Coinbase, but not without some weirdness due to the bank that he uses. Screw the banks! :-)

#DigitalCash #DashNation
wooo, this is really good news. I used to trade at Coinbase and now I have a good pair of coins to trade.
Dash is indeed a potential coin but it needs to get rid of the FUD on Privacy coin. Hopefully in the near future, Dash's CEO will AMA on the benefits of Privacy coin so people can better understand and trust it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:59:43 PM

Which crypto currency becomes the future payment system

Source picture : from article

Read more here : https://medium.com/coinmonks/which-crypto-becomes-the-new-payment-system-69f95b2d2ec3

Credits : winphan
Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/d8mnd3/dash_scores_most_points_in_which_crypto_currency/

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 06:59:16 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2019, 07:13:24 AM by qwizzie

Buying Dash on Coinbase!

#DigitalCash #DashNation
wooo, this is really good news. I used to trade at Coinbase and now I have a good pair of coins to trade.
Dash is indeed a potential coin but it needs to get rid of the FUD on Privacy coin. Hopefully in the near future, Dash's CEO will AMA on the benefits of Privacy coin so people can better understand and trust it.

Yes, i think you are absolutely right. People's privacy is protected and enforced throughout the world (just think about Facebook), it should also be allowed at least optionally on the transactions that people make, so they do not form financially a target for hackers. Privacy and compliance to regulation can work together, as Dash is showing by offering both :

Dash optional privacy : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/introduction/features.html#privatesend
Dash legal stance & compliance : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/legal.html  

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 07:33:58 AM

Annnouncement

I changed the title of this thread to Dash Discussion Thread, so it reflects this Altcoin Discussion sub forum more and provide better opportunity for discussion. I also changed the first post to reflect this better. I suspect we will be witnessing some important changes with regards to regulation, adoption and privacy and it is important that this can be properly discussed in this specific thread and in this specific sub forum.

So by all means feel free to discuss anything about Dash that peaks your interest.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 06:20:18 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2019, 06:52:28 PM by qwizzie

CYBAVO Enterprise-Level Cryptocurrency Wallet Integrates Dash

CYBAVO, an enterprise-focused cryptocurrency storage and wallet management system specializing in SDK and full-node
offerings, has integrated Dash into the platform.

Read more here : https://dashnews.org/cybavo-enterprise-level-cryptocurrency-wallet-integrates-dash/
Source picture and article : Dash News

So many integrations of Dash lately, it certainly has been a busy year for Dash so far. Looks like Dash gained integration to another
custodial platform. I wonder if they also support (pooled) masternodes or just full nodes ?  Undecided

Dash News Video Recap: New Exchange Integrations Coinbase, BitAsset, TurtleNetwork Plus SafePal & XcelTrip

Read more here : https://dashnews.org/dash-news-video-recap-new-exchange-integrations-coinbase-bitasset-turtlenetwork-plus-safepal-xceltrip/
Source picture and article : Dash News

To those that just want a quick video recap to catch up with Dash, these Dash News video recaps are nice in its simplicity and format
(short but excellent videos). Also these video recaps also often contain links to media coverage that are perhaps not all covered in this
thread, as i tend to be a bit more selective on Dash-specific topics.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 03:09:23 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2019, 03:45:28 AM by qwizzie

Analysis Shows Average Dash InstantSend Transaction Settled in Under Two Seconds

An analysis of transactions shows that the average Dash payment is settled in under two seconds, far below the industry average thanks to automatic InstantSend technology.

Read more here : https://dashnews.org/analysis-shows-average-dash-instantsend-transaction-settled-in-under-two-seconds/
Source of picture and article : Dash News

Dash community always knew InstantSend to be fast and it's good some research has been done to find out how fast exactly (under 2 seconds).

InstantSend technology in my view really is one of Dash greatest achievements, as it allows Dash to perform at creditcard level speed, in a situation where a customer just want to buy something fast without much hassle, and the merchant just want to sell something fast without risk of double spending.

Seeing InstantSend getting accepted more and more by exchanges is also very satisfactory, as there was a time certain people tried to downplay this important Dash feature by pointing to lack of support. That has changed considerably with exchanges supporting it more and more now.

Basicly we have two different use cases  :

* InstantSend : providing instant transactions by default, protected against double spending, with low fees and immediately spendable.

* PrivateSend : providing (optional) privacy on transactions, with some small additional costs and some additional time to take into consideration.

How do you view InstantSend ? Do you think it's more important, then for example PrivateSend ? Or do you feel them equally important ?
Which use case do you use more ? or would you use more ? (in case you are not using Dash right now)

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 05:19:28 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2019, 05:32:14 PM by qwizzie

Great News from Thailand! Dash Next integrated Dash at XcelTrip

Always nice to see an integration of Dash by a large retail company like this one. Looks they also have a cash back offer for their
customers. I just wish they implemented a bit more Dash promotion on their site or a more specific Dash cash back promotion.
Verge seems to be very well promoted on their site and i was hoping for the same kind of promotion for Dash.

Link : https://www.xceltrip.com/

Credits : Dash Embassy Thailand
Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/d8wwjc/great_news_from_thailand_dash_next_integrated/

Do you let discounts or cash back offers influence your decission on which website you will book your hotels or planes ?
And are you only focussing on those hotel and plane booking websites that support cryptocurrencies or not ?
Please let me know, i'm curious.

tuapoma

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 06:13:29 PM

Which crypto currency becomes the future payment system

A considerable number of crypto coins would like to become a generally usable means of payment. Some want to exist next to the Euro and some want to exist instead of the Euro. Which cryptographic coin has the best papers and has made the right design choices?

We see that DASH scores the most points and that a small coin like Gulden is second. Bitcoin comes in third place and has that third place due to the worse scores on transaction fee and confirmation speed. All forks of Bitcoin, such as Bitcoincash, Bitcoingold and Bitcoindiamond score mediocre to bad. Apparently these are crypto’s that are only designed to give you a profit during the fork.

Shocked
https://medium.com/coinmonks/which-crypto-becomes-the-new-payment-system-69f95b2d2ec3
 Roll Eyes
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 06:53:46 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2019, 11:26:32 PM by qwizzie

Swiss Cryptocurrency Exchange SMART VALOR Integrates Dash With Exclusive 10% Cash-Back Bonus

Swiss cryptocurrency exchange and security token platform SMART VALOR has integrated Dash, including a promotional 10% cash-back bonus, further quelling concerns of Dash being delisted from exchanges because of regulation-based fears.

Read more here : https://dashnews.org/swiss-cryptocurrency-exchange-smartvalor-integrates-dash-with-exclusive-10-cash-back-bonus/

I'm checking if this exchange will offer InstantSend support, stay tuned...

Update :

Not yet, but it should happen really soon. Right now they credit deposits with just one confirmation. They have IS mostly working, but they need to get more comfortable with it and solve a couple of small issues.
Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/d9mwfr/swiss_cryptocurrency_exchange_smart_valor/

This new exchange integration does show that Dash and it's focus on transactions, is forming an attractive target for exchanges and services that have not integrated Dash yet. It is a regnonition on Dash endless efforts on being an easy to access and easy to use, cheap, fast, decentralized  payments solution provider.

What do you think about Dash ? Is Dash on the right track with all these integrations ? Where do you see Dash going with all this?
Please share your thoughts.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 11:01:37 AM

This week 9/27 at Dash Core Group!

- Wrapping up tech design workshops
- Back-porting, fixes for Linux build & fee calculations on Core
- UI updates for Show QR code and tx details on DashWallet iOS

Read more here : https://blog.dash.org/product-update-september-27-2019-9224561e5adc?source=collection_home---4------0-----------------------

Credits : Tungi17
Source : Dash.org

indika

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 11:54:43 AM

Swiss Cryptocurrency Exchange SMART VALOR Integrates Dash With Exclusive 10% Cash-Back Bonus

Swiss cryptocurrency exchange and security token platform SMART VALOR has integrated Dash, including a promotional 10% cash-back bonus, further quelling concerns of Dash being delisted from exchanges because of regulation-based fears.

Read more here : https://dashnews.org/swiss-cryptocurrency-exchange-smartvalor-integrates-dash-with-exclusive-10-cash-back-bonus/

Update :

Not yet, but it should happen really soon. Right now they credit deposits with just one confirmation. They have IS mostly working, but they need to get more comfortable with it and solve a couple of small issues.
Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/d9mwfr/swiss_cryptocurrency_exchange_smart_valor/

This new exchange integration does show that Dash and it's focus on transactions, is forming an attractive target for exchanges and services that have not integrated Dash yet. It is a regnonition on Dash endless efforts on being an easy to access and easy to use, cheap, fast, decentralized  payments solution provider.

What do you think about Dash ? Is Dash on the right track with all these integrations ? Where do you see Dash going with all this?

wow fantastic news this is a good news for long term dumped coin.hope this listing will give some boost for its price and reputation too
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 12:20:30 PM

Update :

wow fantastic news this is a good news for long term dumped coin.hope this listing will give some boost for its price and reputation too

I dont really exspect a significant boost in price because of this integration. We (Altcoins) are still in a bearmarket and still very dependent
on Bitcoin price. Market reaction towards news about new integrations tend to be a bit underwhelming in a bearmarket. I do think this will
give a boost to reputation, as this is an exchange from a country famous for its safe regulation policy.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 10:27:07 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2019, 12:24:30 PM by qwizzie

New Dash Vending Machine at Dash Convention Europe

Watch here : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/new-dash-vending-machine-at-dash-convention-europe.48391/#post-216690

Dash Convention Europe 2019 - Day 1

Watch here : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-convention-europe-2019-live-day-1.48390/

Dash Convention Europe 2019 - Day 2 (live streaming)

Watch here : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/2nd-day-of-the-dash-europe-convention-is-now-live-streaming.48392/

According schedule there is a special announcement planned for today (day 2).
Time 16:10 - 16:30 (I'm checking which timezone this is)

Update : from tungfa on dash.org

wifi went down - back online on other link
https://youtu.be/BURLONrcIA4

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 02:31:08 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2019, 03:09:02 PM by qwizzie

UTRUST announcement from Dash Convention:

Link : https://twitter.com/utrust/status/1178278649801449474?s=21

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/daudtr/utrust_announcement_from_dash_convention/
Credits : Tungi17

I found the following on internet about UTRUST :

UTRUST - How does it work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J92W_0UpH-0

UTRUST is a revolutionary payment platform that empowers buyers to pay with cryptocurrencies while
providing a groundbreaking purchase protection mechanism.

This is good news for the gamers among us and those looking for purchase protection  Grin
There are times this whole crypto experience does feel like playing a game to me.
A very longterm strategy game, that needs a lot of patience from those playing it.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:32:59 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2019, 07:03:42 PM by qwizzie

Bibox Cryptocurrency Exchange Adds Dash InstantSend With Zero-Fee Promotion

Cryptocurrency exchange Bibox has added support for Dash InstantSend transactions, and is running a limited-time offer
to promote the integration.

Read more here : https://dashnews.org/bibox-cryptocurrency-exchange-adds-dash-instantsend-with-zero-fee-promotion/

Cool, thats one more exchange supporting Dash InstantSend transactions. Looks like they implemented it on the deposits
side (which means a very fast experience depositing Dash on this exchange) and they even threw in a zero-fee promotion :

Announced late this week, Bibox, a cryptocurrency exchange servicing primarily Asian markets, has integrated InstantSend
support for Dash. As a result, Dash deposits to the exchange will be instantly recognized, instead of the industry standard for
cryptocurrency of waiting for several on-chain confirmations, which often can take minutes if not hours.
Additionally, Bibox announced a zero-fee promotion to celebrate this innovation

Please feel free to discuss this further, that is why this thread is called the Dash Discussion Thread after all,
to discuss important developments and how that affect Dash.

Vaultoro Integrates Dash, Relaunches Gold-to-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform

Vaultoro, a cryptocurrency and gold trading service, has relaunched their platform, including the addition of Dash trading support.
Read more here : https://dashnews.org/vaultoro-integrates-dash-relaunches-gold-to-cryptocurrency-trading-platform/

This is great news, and whats even better is their reason for integrating Dash :

We have had multiple crypto projects asking for the ability to hedge in real physical gold as it can be insured and audited,
unlike FIAT-based stable coins. Dash is our first option because I really like all the work the Dash community has invested in
broadening cryptocurrency adoption in Venezuela and around the world. After Dash, we will be looking at the top 10 cryptos.
Any project we list has to be legal, solve a real problem and have a large enthusiastic community.

Please feel free to discuss this further, that is why this thread is called the Dash Discussion Thread after all,

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:52:42 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2019, 07:03:01 PM by qwizzie

Brazilian Cryptocurrency Exchange Cointrade.cx Adds Dash Including InstantSend Support

Cointrade.cx, a Brazilian cryptocurrency exchange, has recently added Dash, including explicit InstantSend support,
enabling users to deposit on to the platform instantly with Dash.

Read more here : https://dashnews.org/brazilian-cryptocurrency-exchange-cointrade-cx-adds-dash-including-instantsend-support/

Nice, another exchange supporting InstantSend.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: