Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Yes or No?
Yes - 11 (45.8%)
No - 13 (54.2%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to delete the "ZOMG BTC IS FAILING threads"  (Read 1614 times)
farlack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

Petition to delete the FUD threads on sight.
Seems there are a lot of threads lately by members who have been around for a few days spreading FUD. These threads should be deleted on sight, sorry but if you've been involved in Bitcoin for 2 weeks, you don't have the right to spread panic, nor claim to know whats going on with Bitcon down the road.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:24:00 PM

You think that people are stupid and can't judge for them self the quality of information?

You think that most people are dumb and needs to be protected?

You think censorship is a good thing?

You think that opinions you disagree with have no place here?

People can have whatever outlook on Bitcoin, short or long term they like, and express it as they like.

There is two rating and blocking systems in place on this forum, if the number of people you consider Fudders become too much to sort out manually.

This is not Reddit/r/bitcoin. The quality of information is magnitudes higher here because there is no brain dead "lucky go happy" censoring going on.

The threads you mention are easily spotted and ignored by your own brain. In a case they are numerous and prices are dropping, maybe some have ganged up trying to force the market down? You would like to know that, wouldn't you.

If what you are saying should have any credibility, you would demand ban's on any speculation or TA threads here.

C'mon grow up.
farlack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:35:06 PM

1. You think that people are stupid and can't judge for them self the quality of information?

2. You think that most people are dumb and needs to be protected?

3. You think censorship is a good thing?

4. You think that opinions you disagree with have no place here?

5. People can have whatever outlook on Bitcoin, short or long term they like, and express it as they like.

6. There is two rating and blocking systems in place on this forum, if the number of people you consider Fudders become too much to sort out manually.

7. This is not Reddit/r/bitcoin. The quality of information is magnitudes higher here because there is no brain dead "lucky go happy" censoring going on.

8. The threads you mention are easily spotted and ignored by your own brain. In a case they are numerous and prices are dropping, maybe some have ganged up trying to force the market down? You would like to know that, wouldn't you.

9. If what you are saying should have any credibility, you would demand ban's on any speculation or TA threads here.

C'mon grow up.

1. No, obviously not, it spreads fear, and the 'noob's have no real advice to follow, if you see all the time crash crash crash, what will they do?
2. Obviously so, you see the bitcoin crash inc!!! all the time. Those that don't know better, will follow the lead on that garbage.
3. Yerp censorship is a great thing. Obviously......
4. It's not an opinion, its plain bullshit. An opinion is I like the color blue, not spreading bullshit about something you don't know about.
5. As listed above, its not an outlook, its negativity to spread panic and fear.
6. No comment, ignorant post.
7. Deleting bullshit isn't censoring.
8. What you state here is completely different than the threads I speak of.
9. No I never said ban, I said delete.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:43:48 PM

I agree with Luno; people need to learn to think for themselves, and they'll never do it if you create a child-safe environment for them.  We're all adults here, and if there exists adults which can't figure the difference between fact and FUD says more about our society than it does about this site's moderation practices.

Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:57:54 PM

Sorry to come on to you like this, but deleting or censoring is a sure way to lower the quality of a forum, even if you try to achieve the opposite.

Actually I fell for a FUD post with link to a fake story last month and cut down half of my longs, because of that. when I found out 5 minutes later, that the story was fake, I laughed at myself. All these small mistakes makes me a better trader and fine tunes my BS meter. These small lessons are very valuable in keeping my cool.

Further deleting posts will create a load of other threads about bitcointalk being censored, and that will put all other threads in the less credible light.

Reddit/r/bitcoin almost seems like an advertising channel as no Bitcoin critical posts are allowed. That's not a constructive place to ask questions about weaknesses in bitcoin, but reddit is a great place to get updates on bitcoin news.
Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:01:59 PM

Lets ban all negative news. We all know that Bitcoin is heading to the moon, and people with different opinions might get in the way of me making money.

Won't anyone think of the speculators???!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 11:16:44 PM

Lets ban all negative news. We all know that Bitcoin is heading to the moon, and people with different opinions might get in the way of me making money.

Banned for being negative.

kidding

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:37:03 AM

Naturally all the trolls are clamoring for a safe environment in which they can pollute the forum and hinder the flow of accurate information between everyone who isn't a troll.
DirtyDutch

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:24:12 AM

Ban them for spreading Lies.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:33:47 PM

Agree with you, threads like this "URGENT, Bitcoin is on the verge of collapse !!!" should be deleted.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:31:10 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 04:03:01 PM by dogie

Banned for being negative.

kidding

Fixed Wink

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:38:11 PM

They drives me crazy, but it's not my world. I think haters should be allowed to talk also. Anyone who trades based on their ideas is likely to fail miserably and may well blame bitcoin for their actions. So what, freedom is the right to make bad choices also.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:12:16 PM

Naturally all the trolls are clamoring for a safe environment in which they can pollute the forum and hinder the flow of accurate information between everyone who isn't a troll.

Aww, come on.

I don't see how they're trolls? They're just using their opinion, or nonfactual information. Just either correct them or go on people.
Really, not that hard to press 'Home', and then type in 'PayPal'. If you're arguing about peoples freedom on here, that site could possibly be a better fit.
Because arguing with somebodies rights on this forum isn't worth it.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:42:29 PM

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.

4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:44:24 PM

It's people's opinion. You can't delete someone's opinion, even if it's negative.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
farlack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:54:41 PM

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.

4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

Nice find.

It's people's opinion. You can't delete someone's opinion, even if it's negative.

.. It's not a legit opinion, its the same as being on a democracy forum, and spamming anti democracy crap. They're made to instill fear, and based on nothing.
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:58:57 PM

Some guidelines:

4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

Nice find.

.. It's not a legit opinion, its the same as being on a democracy forum, and spamming anti democracy crap. They're made to instill fear, and based on nothing.
What's the difference between a forum and real world? - Media ?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
farlack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:32:24 PM

Some guidelines:

4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

Nice find.

What's the difference between a forum and real world? - Media ?

The forums have people actively interested in bitcoin, the media are paid to slander bitcoin.
The forum people are posting to increase their post count, and have their advertisements seen.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:33:37 AM

Sounds like a form of censorship to me and I can't support that.  Even if the speech annoys me I think it should be left up.  If it was full on spamming I'd agree however.
sweetgirl01

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:01:02 AM

I agree with Luno; people need to learn to think for themselves, and they'll never do it if you create a child-safe environment for them.  We're all adults here, and if there exists adults which can't figure the difference between fact and FUD says more about our society than it does about this site's moderation practices.

What you say is very accurate, and now we are adults, to view the problem.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BLdk42HPNkst19cXgKHW7dR2B6AQPMF2Et
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: