Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: just been hacked all btc gone trojan in minerd for maxcoin  (Read 3787 times)
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:18:36 PM

Can't even make a secure wallet. Fucking morons.

No amount of security is going to protect a user who is making poor security decisions such as storing Bitcoins on the same networked computer used to experiment with alt-coins.
+1

There is no cure for stupidity.

The only stupidity actually are those who build insecure wallets with massive security flaws and the sheeple like you who recommend them.

I don't see any recommendations in my post. I don't see any recommendations in the post quoting mine either.

I would be more than happy to recommend a wallet though. I highly recommend Armory and I highly suggest creating all of your wallets offline and keeping them that way while using Armory's offline signing feature.

I stand by what I said though, no amount of security is going to protect a user who is making poor security decisions.

That said, perhaps you could provide a thorough list of the massive security flaws in Bitcoin-Qt.

Maybe you would feel better about yourself if you were helping people instead of calling them names.

Ah, lets start with the fact that its extremely vulnerable to RATS and other stealing malware. You only have to look to the millions of dollars worth of bitcoins stolen from wallets that were supposed to be "encrypted". So If that's not a massive security flaw than I don't know what is.
And as for names, is it ok for you to refer to people as stupid when they get robbed? Real nice of you.
I can just imagine your the type who when seeing someone getting mugged walks over and says, "hey stupid, don't you know
you should just stay at home all day, what the fuck are you doing walking on the footpath? It's all your fault, you should worn a bullet proof vest like me and carried a bazooka when going to the shop fucking idiot!"
r0b1nuk (OP)

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:11:29 PM

wow i wasnt really expecting such a response. thanks for all the messages apart from 1 user. im trying to get a pic up that i took from my phone of the avg report when it found the trojan just so i can prove it and hopefully help other people in the future. its one of those life lessons i guess and im just going to have to deal with it.

in my anger ive wiped clean my laptop. but will get this pic up as soon as i fgure it out

Bitrated user: r0b1nuk.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:36:56 PM

I am sorry to read what happened to you!!!  Sad I just released a wallet security application today, I wished I had released it earlier. Sad Hopefully it will help prevent someone else from having their coins stolen. You can find out more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515381.0
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:46:58 PM

I remember now downloading something similar for maxc ???oin and I remember now my friend saying it was a trojan and didn't give it much thought and I also got hacked yesterday and the day before I am trying to clean things up here on my pc. One dude that hacked me was from Thailand and the Other Dude was from Indonesia. Do you know from where the peeps that hacked you were from? I hope you clena up your comp and I am trying to d the same, so sorry for your loss Bro.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:55:18 AM

Seriously, try to learn a little linux.

It's dead easy.

Just go to Ubuntu.com

I promise you, in a few hours after trying it, you'll be saying

"WTF is this Windows shit"

~BCX~

I'm shocked ! I figured you for a slackware groupie.
Juel

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:02:45 AM

Wow! Trojan in a daemon?

Where did you download it from?

Thats why you should use Linux and compile yourself everything from source!
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:03:07 AM

Seriously, try to learn a little linux.

It's dead easy.

Just go to Ubuntu.com

I promise you, in a few hours after trying it, you'll be saying

"WTF is this Windows shit"

~BCX~

I'm shocked ! I figured you for a slackware groupie.

Ubuntu or Linux Mint is easiest for newbies.

Yes I'm a fan of Slackware and actually started with SLS which was pre-slack when I was in grade school.

~BCX~

Tails!
It has everything you need including TOR!
And it can be portable Wink

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: