Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:13:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan Bilzerian genius poker player or compulsive liar?  (Read 80 times)
angel55 (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 04:21:48 PM

This guy is known as the king of instagram and claims to have won hundreds of millions playing poker.  Claims to have won pots over $10million and other outrageous things.  Do you believe anything he says or do you think he is just a rich trust fund kid that got his money from dad?
QuadsPoker
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 42

nothing is impossible

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 04:44:28 PM

I had the privilege to meet Dan in the past. I know and saw him playing super high roller cash games in the past when I was in Macau and Vegas for some live poker games. Through a good connection I have in Macau I was able to enter the super high roller room as a spectator and indeed I saw Dan but also other guys playing pots that were insane. The largest pot I witnessed was a 13.5 million $ pot. They ran it 5 times so every run still was 2.7 million $ but the total pot was 13.5 million. And I saw Dan winning a 4.6 million pot as well.

But I do not believe he is only playing with money of his own. In a lot of cases high rollers sell a part of their action. I once was on the table at the WSOP in Vegas with Phil Helmuth. During our play he was telling lots of stuff. Like for example when he played poker after Dark back in the days with a 250k buy-in he only put in 50k himself and the other 200k was backed (invested) by 100+ backers (investors).

So I think the numbers and winnings can be correct in the case of Dan but you can be practically sure he is not playing his own money all the time but gets backed by a numerous amount of backers

Signature for rent. Your signature will be displayed an entire year in one of my threads that is visited 200+ times daily
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: