Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:50:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Want] 0.075 btc [Repayment] 0.085 btc *Collateral*  (Read 263 times)
hopiumone (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 01:19:41 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2019, 09:47:57 PM by hopiumone

Loan Amount: 0.075 BTC
Loan Purpose: Margin Trading
Loan Repay Amount: 0.085 BTC
Loan Repay Date: 3 weeks
Type of Collateral: iPhone 8 256 Grey Unlocked (no obvious damage or scratches, have the original box and accessories still)
Escrow profile Link: N/A
Bitcoin Address: 3KkBRF93Ffuo43xLDTtenuWqVMUZaKsPCR

Posted in Shasans thread but was offering an alt coin as collateral (which didn't have enough volume on exchanges).
I read that small electronics can be used, so I am putting up my iPhone (contracts about to end so I'll be getting a shiny new phone in a a few months).
r3db0ne

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 01:30:57 AM

Where are you located?

I am happy to provide this loan to you on the condition that I am able pick up the Iphone from you.
I am based in Singapore
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 01:31:59 AM

Are you requesting 0.75 BTC or .075?

Physical collateral like this pretty much will only get accepted if you can find a lender that lives in the same country as you. Otherwise, the cost of shipping and handling is far too great for this to be worthwhile. Also, do you have receipts for the phone?

BTW, the alt that you were offering as collateral (XTL) on zazarb’s thread is definitely not valid collateral. You have to understand that from a lenders perspective, if this coin gets delisted on one exchange then prices can go downhill extremely fast. Also if you default, liquidating this will be extremely hard.
hopiumone (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 01:44:10 AM

Are you requesting 0.75 BTC or .075?
Updated, I meant 0.075.

Physical collateral like this pretty much will only get accepted if you can find a lender that lives in the same country as you. Otherwise, the cost of shipping and handling is far too great for this to be worthwhile. Also, do you have receipts for the phone?
I am based in Chicago, I have the original box, receipts, etc.

BTW, the alt that you were offering as collateral (XTL) on zazarb’s thread is definitely not valid collateral. You have to understand that from a lenders perspective, if this coin gets delisted on one exchange then prices can go downhill extremely fast. Also if you default, liquidating this will be extremely hard.

Thanks for clarifying. Will note this for next time and future posts

Lassie

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

bounty manager? contact me: https://bit.ly/2skHgzN

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 07:16:55 AM

Type of Collateral: iPhone 8 256 Grey Unlocked (no obvious damage or scratches, have the original box and accessories still)

Posted in Shasans thread but was offering an alt coin as collateral (which didn't have enough volume on exchanges).
I read that small electronics can be used, so I am putting up my iPhone (contracts about to end so I'll be getting a shiny new phone in a a few months).

Would you still have the reason to repay the loan since you will be getting a new phone?
hopiumone (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 09:55:33 AM

Would you still have the reason to repay the loan since you will be getting a new phone?

Sorry I don't understand the question. My phone contract ends in 3 months in which I will resign and get a new phone.
What I will do with the old phone, most likely sell it.
Lassie

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

bounty manager? contact me: https://bit.ly/2skHgzN

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 10:27:41 AM

Sorry I don't understand the question. My phone contract ends in 3 months in which I will resign and get a new phone.

If you have plans to resell your current phone in due time, how can the lender be sure you will still pay for the loan and get the phone back? You could just simply forget the loan once you got the coins
yoloyet

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 10:40:16 AM

Do you use telegram?
hopiumone (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 11:13:39 AM

If you have plans to resell your current phone in due time, how can the lender be sure you will still pay for the loan and get the phone back? You could just simply forget the loan once you got the coins

Well my phone plan ends in 3 months. I am planning to repay within 3 weeks.
If I am unable to pay within the 3 weeks, I will either send the phone to the lender or sell it asap and send through the funds.
Plan is for the lender to have the repayment back within the 3 weeks.
hopiumone (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 11:16:47 AM

Do you use telegram?

I do have an account but I don't use it often.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 12:10:51 PM

Seeing all the post, it is clear that what loan you are asking based on Iphone Collateral is not possible as in the last message you have said that if you are not able to repay you will sell the phone and send the funds, so only the local person can lend you, others will not as the loan is highly end up in Scam.
hopiumone (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Seeing all the post, it is clear that what loan you are asking based on Iphone Collateral is not possible as in the last message you have said that if you are not able to repay you will sell the phone and send the funds, so only the local person can lend you, others will not as the loan is highly end up in Scam.

Thanks for the feedback, ideally someone local would be best, however If someone else is willing to lend it that would be great.
I do have funds, asking for the lend is simply to build more into my current trades. My ETH close just hit and I've now set another trade.
I also get paid in 3 weeks.
hopiumone (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 12:25:30 PM

I don't know if this is also an option, but I can send the Iphone to the lender while the loan is in progress.
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 12:27:31 PM

Can you clarify some things?
You offer your phone, which you will sell it either way in three months, as Collateral? So actualy nothing is holding you for defaulting on sight.
You also say that you will send it after (lol) you get the BTC. You are a newbie without a single line of history, you remember it right?

By the way, there will be no future (at least for any deals), if you can't follow things here from the start...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hopiumone (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 12:32:25 PM

Can you clarify some things?
You offer your phone, which you will sell it either way in three months, as Collateral? So actualy nothing is holding you for defaulting on sight.
You also say that you will send it after (lol) you get the BTC. You are a newbie without a single line of history, you remember it right?

By the way, there will be no future (at least for any deals), if you can't follow things here from the start...

Thanks Condoras.

You offer your phone, which you will sell it either way in three months, as Collateral?
What I meant by this was
i) the lender can keep the phone if they want it
ii) the lender can opt for me to sell it locally and then transfer funds
iii) the three months was in reference to me having a new phone in that time, so I am ok parting with it and using it for collateral

If you feel that this should be closed, let me know and I'll lock it down.
I did honestly think that my case was justified though, maybe something was lost in translation along the way.
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 03:08:33 PM

Thanks Condoras.

You offer your phone, which you will sell it either way in three months, as Collateral?
What I meant by this was
i) the lender can keep the phone if they want it
ii) the lender can opt for me to sell it locally and then transfer funds
iii) the three months was in reference to me having a new phone in that time, so I am ok parting with it and using it for collateral

i) There isn't a single lender that want's whatever he takes as Collateral, you missing the actual meaning of Collateral.
Besides, if he want it then he just buy it.
ii) The lender isn't a middle salesman neither a store.
iii) Of course you are, you don't risk anything. So why don't you just go to a local shop in Chicago and give it or even exchange it?

If you feel that this should be closed, let me know and I'll lock it down.
I did honestly think that my case was justified though, maybe something was lost in translation along the way.

Imho there isnt' really a "loan need" here. You want to find someone to sell it or to sell it for you. Now, in a week, in 3 months, doesn't matter and that's ok. But
Still though that's a sale and have nothing to do with a loan.Not even to the slightest.

You can do whatever you believe that is better, as we all do. Cool

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 03:17:31 PM

Where are you located?

I am happy to provide this loan to you on the condition that I am able pick up the Iphone from you.
I am based in Singapore
Are you for fuckin real? Apart from the fact that you are going to sacrifice your identity in real life, you're going to spend a fortune on the flight tickets if he is based out of America or something. From the phone contract system, I believe he is not from Asia. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: