Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sold my litecoin twice on Cryptopia  (Read 487 times)
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:49:10 AM

Man, that's super lucky. To be honest I would just report the bug that happened in their exchange but I won't return the money. It's like a reward for finding a bug that will help their security be more tighten. No hating but free money is still free money. I know most of us would agree but won't say it. The thing here is that you helped the exchange while making money from it.
kelz1
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:37:26 AM

It all depends on your concious if you can keep the money or not. If you found $300 in the street many would give it to the police, others would pocket the goods instead

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:56:07 AM

This just means that cryptopia is not really well secured from the beginning. How can they not check there own system if they have some bug on it. Thats why they got hack in a row.

About the litecoin i think you should give it back since they are currently is despair right now and it can become still a big help for them. Well its your choice to decide.

If only people will report such bugs that they encounter.
They might have discovered of the loopholes leading to their hacking incident.
Now, even if you have the intentions to return it back, nobody knows if they will ever open again.
The situation is good for you but for so many others, it was an unfortunate time of their life.
kkgfhj123

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:32:58 AM

Please check for the vulnerability. Today you are at the profit side but if such errors keep happening then the other day you can be on the other side facing loss.

teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:48:12 AM

well if you are a sincere person, you will contact cryptopia support and talk to them about the situation of things and then do the necessary refund. Though most person will move on with the free money they got but those who have integrity will do the right thing and make tha necessary refund. Just do the right thing, it pays.
rizla2

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:53:43 AM

Hello,

A few months ago I wanted to sell 24 Litecoin on cryptopia during a phase of heavy server load
and everything was very buggy. I sold my Litecoin and got my bitcoin credit. A few seconds later I noticed, that my balance did still show as 24 Litecoin plus the bitcoin balance I just got. So I sold the 24 Litecoin again Smiley. My Litecoin balance now shows a negative balance of 24 Litecoin (which kinda makes sense).
I withdrawed all funds from cryptopia, and now Im not quite sure about what I should do.
Should I:

1. Deposit the 24 Litecoin back to cryptopia to make my balance 0
or
2. Keep all the Money and be happy that I got some nice Litcoin for free

Thanks you for your answers

PS: dont worry about my new account, I only registered to ask this question as I am really not sure about what to do.

Well since they haven't reopened as planned, and I have a feeling they even won't you should keep them for now. See what happens with the exchange in the future.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:06:35 AM

Wow that is a huge amount of money,
You are a lucky one if it was me I would just consider it as a closing gift.

thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 09:17:18 AM

just do the right thing and make a refund to cryptopia so God will bless you. In as much as cryptopia is not aware as of now about the money, it is wrong keeping it. contact the admin or support team and tell them about what happened, then make a refund. Integrity is far more important than money.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
rizla2

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:48:48 AM

just do the right thing and make a refund to cryptopia so God will bless you. In as much as cryptopia is not aware as of now about the money, it is wrong keeping it. contact the admin or support team and tell them about what happened, then make a refund. Integrity is far more important than money.

Even if they never reopen? People are silly  Cheesy
Warlock 175 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 11:59:06 AM

Thank you guys alot for all the replys.

I have decided to contact the cryptopia support as soon as the exchange is back to full operation,
report the bug, and see if they want me to return the money. In case the exchange is not ever getting back to full operation tho, I think I will
keep it.

Best regards
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:13:06 PM

Hello,

A few months ago I wanted to sell 24 Litecoin on cryptopia during a phase of heavy server load
and everything was very buggy. I sold my Litecoin and got my bitcoin credit. A few seconds later I noticed, that my balance did still show as 24 Litecoin plus the bitcoin balance I just got. So I sold the 24 Litecoin again Smiley. My Litecoin balance now shows a negative balance of 24 Litecoin (which kinda makes sense).
I withdrawed all funds from cryptopia, and now Im not quite sure about what I should do.
Should I:

or

PS: dont worry about my new account, I only registered to ask this question as I am really not sure about what to do.

Don't worry about it bro! No matter what you choose on your two choices, you cannot do both of them because Cryptopia was hacked last month and I think they will not return our coins. They said that they will make the site on live again but for read only feature. For me this is just their delaying tactics while they are thinking of a way to run away with our coins.
rizla2

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:15:35 PM

Thank you guys alot for all the replys.

I have decided to contact the cryptopia support as soon as the exchange is back to full operation,
report the bug, and see if they want me to return the money. In case the exchange is not ever getting back to full operation tho, I think I will
keep it.

Best regards

I would do the same. If they don't get back to full operation as they promised to thousands of users, I don't see why would you return the funds to them.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:42:53 PM

This topic belongs to some other sub-forum.Maybe "Service discussions".
This is some really weird situtation.It's a bug of cryptopia(their mistake),but you got 24 litecoins that don't belong to you,because of their mistake.It's not your fault,but if you keep those 24 litecoins,you still look like a scammer.Weird...

Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:48:23 PM

You need to send back the 24 Litecoin to the exchange and get your balance to zero, this implies honesty and integrity, we need to consider the unfortunate incident that befalls Cryptopia. Once something doesn't belong to us, we need to refund it. This type of technical error from Cryptopia is very critical.

proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:52:41 PM

Cryptopia site is dead right now because of the security breach i guess you can keep all the money now and can send back the coins to cryptopia or not, it's depends on you though. Do whatever you want.

Cryptopia!!! has nothing more left for it in terms of Security. Hope they actually thought things will not go wrong but these things turn the other way round. Cryptopia is dead and need more team member of expert to work clockwise around the exchange to bring it glory back from the shackles.Let OP kindly send back the 24Litecoin because of the love to humanity and report the bug to the support team member.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
rizla2

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 01:11:52 PM

You need to send back the 24 Litecoin to the exchange and get your balance to zero, this implies honesty and integrity, we need to consider the unfortunate incident that befalls Cryptopia. Once something doesn't belong to us, we need to refund it. This type of technical error from Cryptopia is very critical.

Do you live in the present? Who should he send it to? To an OFFLINE exchange that hasn't came back online today as they promised? He doesn't need to send anything, they need to get back online and return my funds, and then all the other peoples.  Huh
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 05:49:34 PM

Hello,

Should I:

or

Even if you want to do that you can't!
Cryptopia is now close due to some reason of hacking.
If they will open again you should ask for the help desk first before doing anything.

If that will be some other person, they will just create new account.
You're right with what you said because most people wont even mention this situation to the public and I believe the OP was the only which will receive two transaction balance instead of one. However,I pity those users of the exchange that will be badly affect because the exchange was already in losses as mentioned on their page.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:24:54 PM

Man, that's super lucky. To be honest I would just report the bug that happened in their exchange but I won't return the money. It's like a reward for finding a bug that will help their security be more tighten. No hating but free money is still free money. I know most of us would agree but won't say it. The thing here is that you helped the exchange while making money from it.

It's not free money. It's money that other users will have to pay up for. If someone else was able to withdraw the same funds twice, how would you feel if the exchange took your money to compensate for the loss of funds? You obviously won't like it and wish the user returned the funds, so from there it makes sense in this case to return the funds.

Seriously, people here are freaking retarded. Work for your money noobs. Do good receive good. Do bad receive bad. That's how life is.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:17:36 PM

This just means that cryptopia is not really well secured from the beginning. How can they not check there own system if they have some bug on it. Thats why they got hack in a row.

sounds like the mt gox withdrawal bug that was happening shortly before it collapsed in 2014. over time, more and more people were becoming aware that they could have gox process withdrawals multiple times (giving a negative balance). eventually, all the bitcoins were gone......

this definitely casts a new light on the recent hack and planned relaunch. it doesn't give me great confidence in their recovery. Undecided

Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2019, 08:53:44 AM

I bought an item for $9.53, and I gave them a $20 bill. They accidently gave me a $100 bill in change rather than a $10 bill. What should I do? Should I be an honest person that wants the world to be a better place, or should I be a loser that takes advantage of other people whenever I can?
If you are an honest person, you should contact support and decide this. However, you yourself must make a decision.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: