Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: software for New Exchange  (Read 810 times)
budcoin (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

Im looking for available web based software for a new exchange, whats available? what are others running?
weedo84

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:11:21 AM

I'd love it if you let me know when you get an answer for this.
hexs

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:29:18 AM

Im looking for available web based software for a new exchange, whats available? what are others running?

I don't understand the affinity for a web based platform. Web apps are not secure; it was never designed for secure sessions. Look at the exchanges that are having problems / getting hacked; they all have one thing in common. They are web based.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:45:21 AM

I don't understand the affinity for a web based platform. Web apps are not secure; it was never designed for secure sessions. Look at the exchanges that are having problems / getting hacked; they all have one thing in common. They are web based.

Web Application can be secure. But they need to be tested by Ethical Hackers before going online. And also any changes in the web app. It need to be tested offline in a control environment, such as only in local network. Then once it is secure then go online.

That is why there are always a mirror site for financial sites, such as Online Banking. I know because I help them do their security architecture. 
hexs

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:06:42 AM

Web Application can be secure. But they need to be tested by Ethical Hackers before going online. And also any changes in the web app. It need to be tested offline in a control environment, such as only in local network. Then once it is secure then go online.

That is why there are always a mirror site for financial sites, such as Online Banking. I know because I help them do their security architecture. 

The best option for a low latency exchange on the web is via websockets. BUT websockets by definition were designed to handle unauthenticated clients. Proxy design pattern is not a sufficient defense for a web based exchange. Online banking info is compromised all the time, when was the last time you heard NYSE or CME having a data breach? Some people just want to learn the hard way.  Undecided

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:31:03 AM

I'm not aware of any open source or (affordable) commercial project like this.
Every exchange seems to create their own project.

underhood

Activity: 124
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:43:01 AM

We are planning to opensource not security criticall parts of code as we see it as a way to improve our application... gain trust and more people being able to review the code. But that is thing of future right now as we have too much work. Trading engine itself is written in c++ and running on different server ... webapp only being sort-of "lightweight" client which just displays data
Sifro.co
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:59:38 PM

Search the marketplace and you will get your answer !! Good luck  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: