Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes in ICO platform must be done!  (Read 333 times)
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 11:39:34 AM

I agree, some kind of regulation needs to be done to make the ICO team responsible if they don't make a project successful. I mean its too easy for them right now to scam anyone and then disappear.

Another more year of this messed up ICO and it's going to be over, scam ICO is the scourge of cryptocurrency, I am reading a lot of positive things about STO this could be the one that we all wanted to replace ICO a more regulated crowdfunding that guaranty investors trust.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:40:27 AM

The only problem here is that there are far more scam ICO than legit ones which is why ICO is slowly diminishing. This legit ICOs are like a needle hidden in a stack of hay, you can't find it but when you do, it's too late. I think regulation would be good enough to separate this one. A solid rule that needs to be followed before people could invest. Like for example, proof that they are really legit and working on something, some security that would prevent the scam from happening. I think a good example of this is Binance Launchpad.
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:48:37 AM

The only problem here is that there are far more scam ICO than legit ones which is why ICO is slowly diminishing. This legit ICOs are like a needle hidden in a stack of hay, you can't find it but when you do, it's too late. I think regulation would be good enough to separate this one. A solid rule that needs to be followed before people could invest. Like for example, proof that they are really legit and working on something, some security that would prevent the scam from happening. I think a good example of this is Binance Launchpad.

I think we have to see first what regulation will include. Regulation may create a new area for us. But it may close some gate also. I can't predict what will be happen with regulation.

aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:11:52 PM

I left the ICO because I cannot find a good and legit ICO to promote and invest after I left my last one which is a good ICO for me after that i shifted to a gambling site to promote it's much better than waiting for 3 to 5 months for your token to arrive which you are not sure if it will have a value at all.

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:06:24 PM

The ICO revolution started to reach its peak in 2017 but the following year we saw its withering partly because people lost money with the many projects that went into the scam list or those that were just outright failure. Now, we are witnessing the demise of the ICO platform but we also know that this can be a good platform to raise money especially for startups there just have to big changes that must be done to make this a win-win for both project proponents and their supporters who are coughing out the money.

What do you think are the necessary changes for the ICO platform to make it more responsive and more investor-friendly? Please share your ideas and concerns...
The thing that annoys me the most about ICO, is their lack of motivation after their ICO launch, and what i mean by that is that they create a project their tokens gets sold and as soon as they hit the exchange and people start trading their coins and its value goes done so is their support for this project, the problem with this ICO market is that many people use it as a pump and dump just to get quick profit and not support the project or the idea behind it in order to bring something new to the world and make huge profit over time, and that has lead to the concept of ICO to lose its meaning and its purpose that its was originally was based on.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:15:40 PM

it was hardly a "revolution" bro. it was mostly like the biggest scam of past 10 years in cryptocurrency market which involved the biggest amount of money and largest number of people who got scammed.

there is nothing you could change in platforms to change that! the nature of ICO is scam to begin with so no matter how you try and what you change they will remain the same.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:26:31 PM

I agree, some kind of regulation needs to be done to make the ICO team responsible if they don't make a project successful. I mean its too easy for them right now to scam anyone and then disappear.

So easy that we now have hundreds of scam and failed ICO, people are shouting for regulation and you right but who can do that and how is that going to be done, have you read about STO maybe it's time for us to shift and maybe this is the game changer for investors and bounty hunters.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:29:46 PM

Ico nowadays are scam. I mean there are lots of scams and it's hard to choose what project should we invest in. And also, there are projects that doesn't have a product so what is happening is just a "pump and dump" tokens. So what will investors do? They will just wait until it is listed in the market coz it is probably cheaper in the ico price.

You can't change anything but devs can change their strategies to survive.
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 02:30:30 PM

The only way out I always think of about ico is that, if there can be a trust organization and platform where any new projects have to register before conducting any ico and there will be a verification from this organization on any project which pass through their verification. Once verified people can buy the project idea.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
Mcmich

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:40:46 PM

If ICO can be regulated, say get a body to review and ascertain any project that wishes to go into ICO, I think so many abnormalities will be checkmated. Teams are not above KYC. The regulatory body if any has to perform thorough KYC on the project teams to know who to hold responsible of investors funds.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 03:25:57 PM

The team should be more active and very open, most of the ICO companies starting up this days don't have a real ground at which you can track them if anything goes wrong, this is why they can carry out scam without having any fear of being caught.

There is also be a platform where companies holders would have to pass through a KYC process before they can be approved for operation, this will build more confidence for investors.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 06:51:04 PM

Only a reliable intermediary between a startup and an investor will be able to correct this situation. Which will give the project team funds for each stage of the roadmap or return the money to the investor in case of project failure.
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 07:42:29 PM

In my opinion, STO and the recently launched platform from Finance Launchpad, solve the problem of ICO and investor confidence in new projects. But for investors it is important that the coins showed growth and were profitable, but at the moment the market this is not raspolagaet. Therefore, the problem is much more serious than just investors ' distrust of the ICO and a huge number of scams.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:45:25 PM

I suggest as follows:
First upcoming ICOs should undergo screening to ascertain if their project idea and potential investors are viable and feasible.
Secondly ICOs should be backed up with insurance, such that should incase they do not meet up with their targeted fund the insurance company will make up the expected fund.
Lastly every ICO should first be listed on a reputable exchange before hand .
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:52:36 PM

For sure it is needed. But I believe that with the launch of different STOs we are moving towards the right direction. We need to find how to protect investors from scam projects, and if we would, there will be much more successful projects.
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 10:09:08 PM

Ico is not best way how to get money and profit right now, never trying for investing more on ICO because you will be more disappointed when price listing on exchange lower, keep investing after listing on exchange market.

I think you are right because right now it's much cheaper when it hit the market, on the other side if you are not going to support the project in their ICO stage there is not a possibility it will succeed and hit the market, and of course, ICO offers a generous bonus.

Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 10:16:30 PM

The market is plagued by a plethora of worthless coins and fraudulent ICOs that appear. And it is not surprising, as long as there is a temptation for fraudsters in the ICO sector. And only tough rules are able to restore order. Binance Launchpad partially contributes to the fight against illegal projects. Over time, confidence will return to all honest projects, if fraud decreases significantly.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 10:25:22 PM

I do not think this is about ICOs. This is about the recent price fall and positiveness. Everyone agreed that the ICOs are scam, and turn to exchange launchpad. But they can not see that it is their own power, not exchange.
Kriptos

Activity: 532

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 10:26:53 PM

actually, a lot has to be changed so that the ICO is trusted again by the Investor. one of them is that they must provide security guarantees for the funds of their supporters and there are no more fraudulent projects. ICO founders must really manage their projects well, especially for the coins they have born. they must be able to truly maintain the quality of coins price when they enter the exchange so that after exchange there will be more people looking for their coins.

powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 10:54:32 PM

I have stopped investing in ICOs as they were not profitable for me at all and after listing I could buy their tokens much cheaper than ICO price was. Back in 2017 you could see good price only in ICO phase. Bearish market conditions are not favoring ICOs at all.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: