Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:31:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It has been over 24 hrs since I sant BTC Transaction still unconfiremd  (Read 1451 times)
Tminer44 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:14:23 PM

It has been over 24 hrs since I sent BTC  Transaction still unconfirmed. It was sent using QT wallet and 0 fees. Howl ong does it take? Can I resend it using fees. They are going to cancel my order  Please help
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:53:37 PM

Sometimes transactions sent with no fee get stuck for a while. How much was it? It will get confirmed eventually, next time try to include the fee, it's such a small ammount that you'd probably think twice before picking it up from the pavement.

Tminer44 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:57:48 PM

It was .36 bitcoins. Is there any way to re-do the transaction??
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:18:03 AM

A tip from Taras: Include a 1 satoshi fee. I think it speeds things up monumentally compared to zero fee Wink
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:18:57 AM

You can't do anything, but wait. If it doesn't get confirmed after 72h it should be sent back to you.

Tminer44 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:21:47 AM

Is there anyway to rebroadcast it ?
cooltoadfrommoon
Copper Member

Activity: 242
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:56:33 AM

It has been over 24 hrs since I sent BTC  Transaction still unconfirmed. It was sent using QT wallet and 0 fees. Howl ong does it take? Can I resend it using fees. They are going to cancel my order  Please help

Are you sure you did not make any mistakes on the BTC address?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:20:27 AM

A tip from Taras: Include a 1 satoshi fee. I think it speeds things up monumentally compared to zero fee Wink

Most miners treat a 1 satoshi fee the same as zero fees.  There isn't much sense in including a fee unless you are going to include at least 0.0001 BTC per kilobyte.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:27:19 AM

Is there anyway to rebroadcast it ?

In general, rebroadcasting isn't useful unless/until the transaction is dropped from the memory pool of most peers.

If miners were to take into consideration "child pays for parent", you could create a new transaction using the change from that previous transaction and include a fee large enough to encourage miners to confirm both transactions together.  Unfortunately, as far as I know there aren't any major mining pools that have implemented "child pays for parent".
Karen98

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:39:45 AM

It can take 2-4 days for an unfunded transaction to arrive.
Lieji

Activity: 543

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:50:27 PM

0-fee transactions usually take a long time (from a few hours to a few days) to get confirmed, but it will eventually be included in a block.

So, you need to be patient now Tongue

Predatorian

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:58:30 PM

0-fee transactions usually take a long time (from a few hours to a few days) to get confirmed, but it will eventually be included in a block.

yup exactly this, if something gonna be wrong, the transaction just gonna be recalled to u.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:47:00 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 10:35:34 PM by mprep

If it doesn't get confirmed, some Bitcoin clients usually delete the transaction after some time

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:57:40 PM

You can't do anything, but wait. If it doesn't get confirmed after 72h it should be sent back to you.

I have seen this repeated a lot, please don't tell people this.  The QT client for example NEVER gives up.  It will keep trying to broadcast a tx for 72 years.
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:44:54 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 05:08:35 PM by jbrnt

There are so many people trying to send zero fee transactions without understanding the priority score of the transaction. I recommend users to calculate their score BEFORE they click send. Cos if it is well below the threshold, it is better to pay the small fee or mature the coins than worrying about them in limbo.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:27:09 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 10:46:28 PM by DannyHamilton

yup exactly this, if something gonna be wrong, the transaction just gonna be recalled to u.

These two people both lying to you.  I don't think they are doing it intentionally.  They are probably just misinformed and don't realize that they are spreading false information.  The only wallet I know of at the moment that returns the bitcoins to you is blockchain.info.  Since you have already stated that you are using Bitcoin-Qt, it is important to be aware that it will continue to re-broadcast the transaction until it receives a confirmation no matter how long it takes.  The transaction will not automatically be returned to you.

This is probably true, but not necessarily.  Although it is quite likely that the transaction will get confirmed eventually, there is no way to know if it will happen in the next few minutes, next few days, next few months, or next few years.  You are essentially waiting for some miner (or mining pool) to confirm your free transaction for you out of the charity in their heart.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 10:34:00 PM

If it doesn't get confirmed, whatever client you are using usually deletes the transaction after some time.

These three people are all lying to you.  I don't think they are doing it intentionally.  They are probably just misinformed and don't realize that they are spreading false information.

This is probably true, but not necessarily.  Although it is quite likely that the transaction will get confirmed eventually, there is no way to know if it will happen in the next few minutes, next few days, next few months, or next few years.  You are essentially waiting for some miner (or mining pool) to confirm your free transaction for you out of the charity in their heart.
Sorry for the misinformation. Edited and fixed my post. Correct me if I'm wrong again.

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:55:42 PM

Longest conf I ever had took 2 days. That was an anomaly though, but still.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:51:59 AM

Two days ? Smiley man Smiley
Using fees helps a lot Tongue and it is cheap so I do not get it why people are sending BTC without fees...
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 12:51:00 PM

Two days ? Smiley man Smiley
Using fees helps a lot Tongue and it is cheap so I do not get it why people are sending BTC without fees...
Sometimes people are very greedy, you know...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: