Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:57:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Heluss - Disrupting The Insurance Industry  (Read 460 times)
meejay (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2019, 01:33:59 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 05:43:21 PM by meejay

MVP is available to download!

Apple App Store Soon!

Google Play   OUT!

New Exchange Listing Soon!

Introduction

Welcome to the Heluss Platform. We are poised to revolutionize the insurance industry by tokenizing and gamifying a portion of your premium back to you, the user. Our Token – HUT – is the driving utility of the platform. Our focus will be on Travel Insurance, Price Protection Insurance and Personal Items Insurance; as we secure licenses and increase our capital base, we will introduce savings, home, auto and loan insurances.
One of the biggest industries today is the travel and tourism industry. It has a global economic contribution of $7.6 trillion. The direct economic impact of this industry, including entertainment, attractions, accommodation, and transportation, was approximately $2.3 trillion. Also, the travel industry is still the fastest rising sector internationally. The industry is massive. According to research from the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), this sector employs more people than the mining, automotive manufacturing, and financial services sectors combined. It employs 7 times more than automotive manufacturing, 5 times more than the global chemicals industry, 4 times more than the global banking industry, 4 times more than global mining industry and 2 times more than the financial services industry.
In 2016, Travel & Tourism directly contributed US$2.3 trillion and 109 million jobs worldwide. This was equal to 10.2% of the world’s GDP, and approximately 1 in 10 of all jobs. Travel & Tourism’s direct contribution to GDP is expected to grow at an average of 3.9% per year over the next ten years. By 2027, Travel & Tourism is expected to support more than 380 million jobs globally, which equates to 1 in 9 of all jobs in the world and the sector is expected to contribute around 23% of total global net job creation over the next decade.
Travel insurance revenue is currently valued at more than $18.1 billion and growing at the rate of 20% annually. The fast growth of this industry is attracting high levels of fraudulent activity. The industry has not been able to solve these issues. Heluss’s goal is to leverage technologies to create an ecosystem where buying a travel insurance policy is tokenized and gamified and uses the Blockchain and its underlying technologies to reduce fraud and increase transparency.
https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/press-release/travel-insurance-market.html

Problems with Current Travel Insurance Industry

The modern-day travel insurance industry is rife with problems, making it unable to effectively satisfy the needs of world travelers for these reasons:
  • A rise in international travel has seen correspondent growth in foreign exchange rate transactions, causing unnecessary and exorbitant travel insurance fees.
  • With the preponderance of third party agencies servicing the tourism industry, the risk of sharing personal identity information in multiple places puts users at unnecessary risk.
  • The issue of trackable transactions and a lack of privacy;
  • The current purchasing methods are confusing and unintuitive which thus diminishes the user experience;
  • The claims processing is cumbersome and time consuming;
  • The industry is facing a talent crisis; it is an industry with little technological innovation; Gen Y gravitates towards industries which appear to do things better, faster, smarter and more efficiently.

This is where Heluss comes in to not only to fill the void but also to open this exciting and new economy to the Gen-Y generation.

Did Insurance Lose Its Purpose?

Insurance was originally designed to perform the function of risk mitigation – We as a group would pull resources together to help those facing disasters or accidents. Insurance was serving its purpose until someone decided to make the insurance work mainly for an exclusive club - the insurer who would not only cover his cost but also attain astronomical profits.
In the process, the supply chain was stretched, creating multiple middle loops (underwriters, brokers) which significantly added to the cost of insurance. The insured was left scrambling and perplexed, with premiums significantly higher than necessary.
The industry itself has faced significant challenges including fraudulent claims, increased regulations, and ever-increasing costs.

Our Solution

Historically, one would simply pay premiums to a company and the cost is sunk. Only when a disaster strikes, is a benefit ever realized in the form of a paid claim.
What if it were possible to monetize, tokenize, and gamify a substantial portion of a premium and create a tokenized utility that the user controls?
In summary, our solution includes:
   Tokenized and gamified platform creates maximum user engagement;
   Introducing a vault to support the HUT token market value;
   Maximum benefits to the community;
   Blockchain and smart contract provides security and transparency;
   Artificial Intelligence implemented to streamline claims processing.

That is exactly what we intend to do.

The Heluss Ecosystem
Blockchain

Blockchain technology is a distributed ledger recording technology; it can record transactions in a secure, transparent, decentralized, efficient, and low-cost way. Blockchain technology originated as the underlying technology to Bitcoin. It was originally used to record historical transactions of encrypted digital currency. Blockchain technology now encompasses cryptography, network topology, and consensus algorithms. Today, there are several types of blockchains. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages, allowing them to meet needs of various applications on a broad spectrum.
Key advantages

Blockchain technology is a disruptive technology with many advantages. The decentralized structure, which lacks a centralized database, enables the blockchain to operate with high efficiency and low cost. It is also resistant to outages of a centralized database.  The public ledger is shared by users on the Internet. It ensures the security, transparency, and integrity of data, which cannot be tampered with or forged. It helps to protect the security and privacy of user data. And because blockchain is programmable, it can increase flexibility and reliability in various applications.

Identity Protection On Heluss Ecosystem

Heluss is integrating into its risk profile and identity protections the latest technologies to comply with identity verifications tests (Know Your Client -KYC; Anti Money Laundering - AML; Customer Identification Programs – CIP; Enhanced Due Diligence- EDD; Suspicious Activity Report - SAR; Politically Exposed Persons - PEP).
Heluss is concerned by data security. High profile organizations have been victims of data security breaches with enormous consequences. This is because centralized data storages are a magnet for identity and data hackers. We intend to apply a decentralized data storage.
Compliance with EU General Data Protection Regulation: GDPR changes to data privacy regulations that come into effect on 25 May, 2018 comes with an extended jurisdiction and applies to all companies processing personal data of EU-based subjects, regardless of company’s location. Heluss plans to be fully compliant with this regulation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mihohil

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 01:36:29 PM

Waiting for bounty thread.
jobe101

Activity: 85
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 02:34:28 PM

Waiting for bounty thread too❤
dalaocoin

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 12:50:03 PM

Waiting for bounty thread too
meejay (OP)

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2019, 01:44:37 PM

Hello, I am representative of icoholder.com company.

You have been selected and added to icoholder.com. Find your project on our website and go through verification to add more information.

https://icoholder.com/en/heluss-28950

Thanks for adding us Trevor.

Kind regards,

mihohil

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 01:54:10 PM

What can you say about your competitors?
TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:04:02 PM

This is the first time I've met a blockchain-based insurance platform . Please tell me what will be included in the list of insurance services ?
meejay (OP)

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2019, 08:20:41 PM

What can you say about your competitors?

Hi,

Competitors is traditional insurance companies and well established companies with strong balance sheet and history. But please remember, we are removing middle man so we will offer better prices than them.

Kind regards,

TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:50:12 PM

This is the first time I've met a blockchain-based insurance platform . Please tell me what will be included in the list of insurance services ?

Maybe this is your first time, but there are several insurance platforms already that are being explored via blockchain.
But never had the chance to revisit those projects if they are successful in implementing their project.
And I've seen HubrisOne as one of their strategic partners and I know that they are a legit company.
So maybe this is worth looking at.
One question that I want to ask though, how can you claim your travel insurance in case you need it?
It was mentioned that the MVP for travel insurance is ready, where can we see it?

TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 03:39:23 PM

Maybe this is your first time, but there are several insurance platforms already that are being explored via blockchain.
But never had the chance to revisit those projects if they are successful in implementing their project.
And I've seen HubrisOne as one of their strategic partners and I know that they are a legit company.
One question that I want to ask though, how can you claim your travel insurance in case you need it?
It was mentioned that the MVP for travel insurance is ready, where can we see it?

I have not heard about these insurance projects, I think that this is a promising direction . You asked a good question, how can I get travel insurance ? If it already works, it would be interesting to know how ?
Utku KG

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:49:19 PM

https://i.imgur.com/nun4pqH.png

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your insights about Heluss!

Indeed HubrisOne and Heluss are in a very strong partnership which strengthens each other pretty much.

Thank you for this good question. All Heluss processes takes place on blockchain with AI integration for claims management. Simply by a couple of taps on Heluss dApp.

It will be out soon. Stay tuned to be kept updated. You might follow our socials, too.

I hope these help.

Warm regards,
Utku

Utku KG

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:52:16 PM

I have not heard about these insurance projects, I think that this is a promising direction . You asked a good question, how can I get travel insurance ? If it already works, it would be interesting to know how ?

MVP will be out soon. You will be able to see it by yourself then. You may check our pitch and whitepaper for details.

Warm regards,
Utku
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:03:25 PM

i actually want to see a blockchain-based insurance company really come into fruition. many have attempted but have you seen even one doing their actual insurance business via blockchain tech? nothing yet, right? this might be way better from these traditional travel insurance companies which charge high fees with very little coverage. interested to see your mvp for travel insurance and let's see what you've got here...
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 10:03:00 PM

Hi there,

Indeed HubrisOne and Heluss are in a very strong partnership which strengthens each other pretty much.

Thank you for this good question. All Heluss processes takes place on blockchain with AI integration for claims management. Simply by a couple of taps on Heluss dApp.

It will be out soon. Stay tuned to be kept updated. You might follow our socials, too.

I hope these help.

Warm regards,
Utku

Would be interested to know more about your MVP for travel insurance.
Maybe this is one of the answers to these unreasonable travel insurance companies.
Will it be available for use worldwide? I mean, is your app applicable to all countries?
Would be nice if you have no restrictions in terms of where you are in the world, since we are talking here about travel insurance.
jobe101

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:45:45 PM

Waiting for bounty thread too

HubrisOne is one of their strategic partners of this project.
jobe101

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:54:02 PM

Hi there,

I hope these help.

Warm regards,
Utku

Would be interested to know more about your MVP for travel insurance.
Maybe this is one of the answers to these unreasonable travel insurance companies.
Will it be available for use worldwide? I mean, is your app applicable to all countries?
Would be nice if you have no restrictions in terms of where you are in the world, since we are talking here about travel insurance.

We plan to acquire our first license in North America; depending on the financial strength, we will first expand to Europe (different countries have specific licensing requirements).
meejay (OP)

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 11:21:52 PM

meejay (OP)

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 03:17:31 PM

Utku KG

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 09:57:10 PM

Hello everyone,

We have published an article regarding "TOP 50 Market Challenge" on our official Medium account

https://medium.com/@HelussProject/heluss-participates-in-top-40-market-challenge-9f74bf7ec8d1

Vote for Heluss to show your support!

https://neironix.io/market-challenge#nx-signin-modal
meejay (OP)

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 03:25:36 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2019, 09:52:03 AM by meejay

Hello everyone,

We are going to release our MVP on March 27th, 2019.

Stay tuned to our socials.

Kind regards,

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: