Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Elastic Supply Protocol to Adjust Inflation/Deflation  (Read 95 times)
rmilly (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 07:20:51 PM

Traditionally, people think of price as the component that fluctuates with demand, while quantity remains static.

The Ampleforth protocol inverts this, holding price static while allowing quantity to change according to demand instead. By adjusting supply to the coin holders directly, the Ampleforth protocol avoids the devaluing effects of inflation observed in fiat currencies, while re-engaging the supply mechanism that creates near-term price stability.

Pretty cool concept in the heat of stablecoins. How do you think this will play out? Are there any other projects out there doing something similar?

https://www.ampleforth.org/paper/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 02:01:56 AM

I actually hadn't heard of a elastic supply policy before but I looked and Ampleforth has a pretty stacked team
ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:36:06 AM

Traditionally, people think of price as the component that fluctuates with demand, while quantity remains static.

The Ampleforth protocol inverts this, holding price static while allowing quantity to change according to demand instead. By adjusting supply to the coin holders directly, the Ampleforth protocol avoids the devaluing effects of inflation observed in fiat currencies, while re-engaging the supply mechanism that creates near-term price stability.

Pretty cool concept in the heat of stablecoins. How do you think this will play out? Are there any other projects out there doing something similar?

Was it concerns about the trading platforms? I think what we need is a huge liquidity pool that will allow us to trade without limits and to buy and accumulate much of the crypto there.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 09:17:42 PM

I think the creator or creators of Bitcoin thought about inflation and made sure they provided a system that will solve the problem of inflation in this crypto ecosystem, they did this by limiting the total supply of Bitcoin that will always be in existence and also created the Bitcoin halves which reduce the reward for miners. I hope other project come up with something better than what is already available by satoshi.
craigpo

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:36:12 PM

I would be interested to see how this works. Would people only be able to buy, sell and trade with amples though?
StreakW

Activity: 1189
Merit: 107

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:46:56 PM

Are there any other projects out there doing something similar? If you say about project with stablecoin? There are a many stable coins out there, based from usd like Tether, USDS, USDC etc. But for me i dont like stablecoin, the reason is simple, cant for long term. And to pervent inflation cryptocurrensy is the answer

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 04:09:44 PM

Are there any other projects out there doing something similar? If you say about project with stablecoin? There are a many stable coins out there, based from usd like Tether, USDS, USDC etc. But for me i dont like stablecoin, the reason is simple, cant for long term. And to pervent inflation cryptocurrensy is the answer
Yes you are very much correct, I think the stable coins we have can be highly inflated because they tell us that they are backed by USD thereby pumping USD to a reserve so that the price of the coin will always be stable in the market at $1.

I think bitcoin in itself already have the feature of preventing inflation, that's why satoshi created the halves in the first place. So as you have said, crypto is the answer to inflation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: