Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Last of the V8s" is filing fake scam reports  (Read 982 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 09:01:49 PM

I have to ask then, all of this considered... what is wrong with using the ignore button?

Because someone is bound to quote him. Many community members have encouraged ignoring him. However, some are prone to peek or are new and have no idea what is about to transpire. Then someone sees a quoted post, attacking them, their wife, their sex, or their race, and we're off to the races. Or it could all start from a simple counterpoint to one of his more "sane" posts attacking BTC and devolve from there.

It sounds to me that this is just a consequence of everyone being free to speak, and the response is verging on obsessive levels of wanting to control the speech of others. Just because what he has to say is repugnant, annoys you, or you find it distracting is really not an excuse for all of this. If everyone is free to speak there will always be people saying things objectionable to you, and no matter what you say some one out there will find it objectionable. This is just human nature, the first amendment need not even come into the equation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:34:13 PM

I have to ask then, all of this considered... what is wrong with using the ignore button?

Because someone is bound to quote him. Many community members have encouraged ignoring him. However, some are prone to peek or are new and have no idea what is about to transpire. Then someone sees a quoted post, attacking them, their wife, their sex, or their race, and we're off to the races. Or it could all start from a simple counterpoint to one of his more "sane" posts attacking BTC and devolve from there.

It sounds to me that this is just a consequence of everyone being free to speak, and the response is verging on obsessive levels of wanting to control the speech of others. Just because what he has to say is repugnant, annoys you, or you find it distracting is really not an excuse for all of this. If everyone is free to speak there will always be people saying things objectionable to you, and no matter what you say some one out there will find it objectionable. This is just human nature, the first amendment need not even come into the equation.

Well, what V8 gave the negative rating was actually about a false allegation realr0ach made on a fellow member. I guess in your view, false allegations are ok as long as they aren't made on the hallowed trust comment page.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 09:40:30 PM

Well, what V8 gave the negative rating was actually about a false allegation realr0ach made on a fellow member. I guess in your view, false allegations are ok as long as they aren't made on the hallowed trust comment page.

Just because I don't agree with a negative rating for it doesn't mean I condone it. For example I would consider a neutral trust rating with a reference for this perfectly acceptable. If the roles were reversed no one would give a shit, but some people are more equal than others.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:56:19 PM

Just because I don't agree with a negative rating for it doesn't mean I condone it. For example I would consider a neutral trust rating with a reference for this perfectly acceptable. If the roles were reversed no one would give a shit, but some people are more equal than others.
Well V8 did change another one of his ratings to neutral. We will see if he takes your advisement to heart. However, given a recent comment realr0ach made which basically was trying to emasculate V8, I doubt it. Especially since realr0ach's attitude on woman is that they are all morally equivalent of prostitutes.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 10:01:59 PM

Well V8 did change another one of his ratings to neutral. We will see if he takes your advisement to heart. However, given a recent comment realr0ach made which basically was trying to emasculate V8, I doubt it. Especially since realr0ach's attitude on woman is that they are all morally equivalent of prostitutes.

Yeah well, as I said the cost of being free to speak yourself is some times being subjected to ideas that offend you. You are free to click ignore, or walk away from the computer at any time. This need to control the speech of others frankly scares me more than all the insane views in the world being spoken freely.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:05:11 PM

Yeah well, as I said the cost of being free to speak yourself is some times being subjected to ideas that offend you. You are free to click ignore, or walk away from the computer at any time. This need to control the speech of others frankly scares me more than all the insane views in the world being spoken freely.

When it comes to "free speech," some of what realr0ach comes up with is light years away from any "fine line." I'd sooner make it legal for someone to yell fire in a theater.  Cheesy
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:06:57 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5117829.msg50089685#msg50089685

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:13:16 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5117829.msg50089685#msg50089685

Oh, sorry, I guess that makes my point totally erroneous.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:24:33 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

Never mind that. So much chatter everywhere it's easy for the eye to slip. Pretty instructive thread all round though.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: