Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:54:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Monero Infinity (XMI) - stable chain brings infinity future  (Read 234 times)
for_freedom (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:40:22 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Recenty Monero released new software version 0.14. That means Monero will hard fork on Mar 9th,2019 at block height 1788000.
I, together with some independent developers who share different opinions to Monero’s future, have decided to stay in the current version which is v0.13.
Not only we will maintain the original monero v0.13 blockchains but also we will add some new features later.
We decide to name it Monero Infinity(XMI).

REASON:
Monero is such a great innovation. Its feature that highly respect to people’s privacy has deeply attracted everyone.
However it also need to face a problem, how to resist ASICs. In order to resist ASICs, Monero community has modified the algorithms to hard fork for many times:

Upgrade from V0.11 to V0.12 in April 2018
Upgrade from V0.12 to V0.13 in October 201
Upcoming upgrade from V0.13 to V0.14 in March 2019

In such short period of times, approximately one year, Monero has hard forked three times. Each version is completely incompatible to previous ones.
I have to commit that every upgrade looks like the best way to clean the virus(ASICs) in the Monero network.
However the cost is all of the Monero ecosystem has to upgrade, including users, services, merchant, exchanges, pool operators, miner software and wallets.
And the result is virus(ASICs) is currently still occupy 80% of the whole network hash rate.
In my opinion, even after this hard fork, there will still be ASICs found in Monero network not in the very far future.
The conclusion is that frequently hard fork has not solve the ASICs problem.

Even worse, it brings new problem. Since ASICs has such big advantages in hash rate, the cost to acquire 80% of the whole network hash rate is relatively low.
This endangers the whole Monero network.
I and the Monero supporters who are willing to have a safer and more stable Monero network,
hereby have decided not to support this upgrade and at the same time release Monero Infinity(XMI).

FEATURES:
All monero features without frequent hark fork.

PLAN:
In the early age of Monero Infinity(XMI), its whole network is made by all of the nodes in Monero v0.13.
In the future, Monero Infinity team will work together with all of the users in community to discuss the future of XMI.

FAQ:

Q:Is XMI a hard fork?
A:Not at all. Monero Infinity is the original Monero v0.13 network. And the original Monero has hard forked to v0.14.

Q:Is XMI an ICO or premined?
A:No.

Q:How am I supposed to do if I want to earn XMI?
A:You can mine it. Simply use miners and pools that support Monero V0.13.

More information will be provided here soon

olkah

Activity: 1484
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 03:44:05 PM

Algo coin Huh
Windows wallet Huh
Pool Huh
exchange Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print