Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Impact of Loksabha election on bitcoin price  (Read 511 times)
avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 08:22:41 PM

As you all know that 17th LokSabha election is just around the corner and most probably it will be held during the month of May and June.

Also a lot of people are aware that the current government is exploring opportunities to regulate cryptocurrencies in India. They have appointed a law firm to submit suggestions and Subhas Chandra Garg panel also submitted a report. Deliberations are ongoing on regulating (not banning) cryptos are ongoing.

Do you think there will be any positive impact  on the crypto prices in India if the current government wins again? Or do you think a new government will treat cryptocurrencies in a better way? Share your views!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
100bitcoin

Activity: 860
Merit: 423

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 03:06:35 PM

Crypto price is a global phenomenon. India has no impact on it.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 07:42:45 PM

As you all know that 17th LokSabha election is just around the corner and most probably it will be held during the month of May and June.

Also a lot of people are aware that the current government is exploring opportunities to regulate cryptocurrencies in India. They have appointed a law firm to submit suggestions and Subhas Chandra Garg panel also submitted a report. Deliberations are ongoing on regulating (not banning) cryptos are ongoing.
I really do not expect nothing progressive coming out from the present government as i have not see the results they are bragging about and they have not fulfilled any promises they said before they won the elections. I really do not expect any news that will change the market any time soon.

Do you think there will be any positive impact  on the crypto prices in India if the current government wins again? Or do you think a new government will treat cryptocurrencies in a better way? Share your views!
I really do not see any way the current government will come into power in the next term, all they did was to create religious polarization and nothing else and it is better they do not come into power as all the discussions i have seen from Indian televisions in the past few years are about religion and beliefs and not the problems faced by the common people, i am not sure who will come into power the next time around but not the present government for sure.
Subal_Damudar

Activity: 90
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 03:44:05 PM

loksabha people with show banana to bitcoiners.

Modu just wants to politicize india pak issues and become the spineless dicktater that he is.
100bitcoin

Activity: 860
Merit: 423

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 04:53:54 PM

I really do not see any way the current government will come into power in the next term, all they did was to create religious polarization and nothing else and it is better they do not come into power as all the discussions i have seen from Indian televisions in the past few years are about religion and beliefs and not the problems faced by the common people, i am not sure who will come into power the next time around but not the present government for sure.
I'm sorry to say, your choice of television channels were poor.

avikz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 04:26:34 PM

No one will be happier than me if the current government losses the election but I don't see it happening. After Pulwama terrorist attack on out brave soldiers, the kind of nationalist propaganda used by the ruling party, will make them win the election again! They are playing as per the rules of Chanakya Neeti and using nationalism as their main weapon to win over the election!

If there is a betting ongoing on loksabha election results, I would bet my entire crypto networth in favor of the current government.   

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 10:12:17 AM

I don't think General Elections in any way are going to impact the prices of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. Elections are fought on issues and cryptocurrencies are not the minutest of the issue. If we see the Indian population, after the closure of direct exchanges such as Zebpay only 50-60 lakh people are engaged in cryptocurrencies in one way or the other. I don't think any political party is going to care issue which can only give 50 lakh votes. So don't expect anything big for crypto from these elections. However, if the current government returns to power, capital market (inc. share markets and mutual funds) is gonna surge exponentially. So as a by-effect, crypto market may grow a little too.

If there is a betting ongoing on loksabha election results, I would bet my entire crypto networth in favor of the current government.   
Agree beyond doubts.  Wink
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 03:47:50 PM

I'm sorry to say, your choice of television channels were poor.
It might be my poor choice of television, but could you pin point certain positive aspects from the current government that they can uphold and brag about in the next general elections so that the people going to the election booth will vote for them yet again, i have searched many news online and i really could not find anything that had an impact on the general population.

I would think twice before putting my bet on the current government yet again, we might see a coalition government in different states but they will not win the majority like they did last time.
kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 01:19:51 PM

I would think twice before putting my bet on the current government yet again, we might see a coalition government in different states but they will not win the majority like they did last time.

Same thought here. I doubt current government would come into power in the next election. I am not biased to any political party but, I do have second thoughts about the ruling party.

About the price, I don't think there would be any price impact on cryptocurrency due to the Loksabha election. Bitcoin adoption is not that high in India.

CoinFellow

Activity: 39
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 04:56:24 AM

1) Price of Bitcoin is not an Indian phenomenon as someone pointed out earlier. Either the present government comes back to power or some other party wins election, I can hardly see that Bitcoin price getting impacted by this as a whole.

2) The one thing which can be debated is regulatory framework in India related to usage of Cryptos getting impacted by one or the other parties winning elections. As a keen student of Indian politics, I can say with some amount of confidence that current NDA government will return to power though might be with lesser majority. Even then, it might not make much of a difference because things like Crypto usage is far from any government's mind with a very minuscule people involved in it. Unless and until there a global push for usage of Cryptos will any government in India move towards making any framework towards its usage. But at least the current dispensation has talked about it in their budget speeches and setting up different committees and is forward looking.
avikz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 04:06:28 PM

2) The one thing which can be debated is regulatory framework in India related to usage of Cryptos getting impacted by one or the other parties winning elections. As a keen student of Indian politics, I can say with some amount of confidence that current NDA government will return to power though might be with lesser majority. Even then, it might not make much of a difference because things like Crypto usage is far from any government's mind with a very minuscule people involved in it. Unless and until there a global push for usage of Cryptos will any government in India move towards making any framework towards its usage. But at least the current dispensation has talked about it in their budget speeches and setting up different committees and is forward looking.

The committee you are mentioning here, has already submitted their reports. Even though it is not available for public viewing as a lot of deliberation is still awaited, some sources say that the committee led by Mr. Subhash Chandra Garg had mentioned cryptos as a great threat to the Indian economy and suggested to bring in punitive measures for the users of crypto. What good you can make out from this one? I see none!

On a separate case, Supreme Court has given 4 weeks of time to Government of India to submit their views on the cryptos. I don't think it is going to be anything positive! Watch the twitter handle of Cryptokanoon to stay up to date.

Btra
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

MYID

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 03:08:05 PM

There is nothing will affect the Bitcoin price in India because of the Loksabha election. This because Bitcoin is the global currency and the price movement will occur as per the market demand and supply. If, India has the potential of largest user of the Bitcoin then it may impact on the price a little.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 10:02:19 PM

There is nothing will affect the Bitcoin price in India because of the Loksabha election. This because Bitcoin is the global currency and the price movement will occur as per the market demand and supply. If, India has the potential of largest user of the Bitcoin then it may impact on the price a little.
It might be a global market, but if you look at the historical price of bitcoin in Indian markets before the RBI regulation, the price in the market was much higher than the global market, if a new government is elected and if there is a regulation where the exchanges can deal with the baking industry, it will make a major change in price in the Indian market.
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:14:24 PM

If Congress was to come to power, you could expect more black money in circulation and hence could contribute towards a rise in the bitcoin price. If BJP comes to power again, it will probably have no effect on bitcoin price.

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:05:10 PM

If Congress was to come to power, you could expect more black money in circulation and hence could contribute towards a rise in the bitcoin price. If BJP comes to power again, it will probably have no effect on bitcoin price.

Lol, you are really noob, Indian politicial system is really small for bitcoin. Doesn't matter who come into power, nothing change in btc price. Other  thing whoever come in power, black money won't reduce because Indian economy is cash rich economy.

vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:55:35 PM

Lol, you are really noob, Indian politicial system is really small for bitcoin. Doesn't matter who come into power, nothing change in btc price. Other  thing whoever come in power, black money won't reduce because Indian economy is cash rich economy.

In my experience, friends who used to trade bitcoin used to tell me stories on how Hawallas and people from Chandni Chowk used to trade their cash into bitcoin and vice versa every now and then. This was fairly common in the past 3 years, but since last year this has significantly reduced, and it is because of the fear that bitcoin is illegal in India, even though it is not. Black money will certainly not reduce, but the ability to cash out or buying bitcoin gets limited because of new laws as it creates fear, so it indirectly does have an effect on the transactions happening in bitcoin and hence somewhat the price.

deadley
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 09:07:16 PM

In my experience, friends who used to trade bitcoin used to tell me stories on how Hawallas and people from Chandni Chowk used to trade their cash into bitcoin and vice versa every now and then. This was fairly common in the past 3 years, but since last year this has significantly reduced, and it is because of the fear that bitcoin is illegal in India, even though it is not. Black money will certainly not reduce, but the ability to cash out or buying bitcoin gets limited because of new laws as it creates fear, so it indirectly does have an effect on the transactions happening in bitcoin and hence somewhat the price.

Indian bitcoin market even not 0.1% of whole world tx. So how it will impact price of bitcoin? For your information all big deal happen in btc through only cash deal not now even when it was available through bank deal because margin of trader not much who buy/sell btc, so they can't show their transaction through bank until it was registered company, now RBI closed that bank route so all deal happening through cash, and don't worry, you will find buyer or seller or any amount of btc doesn't matter how big it is. Just try to search little deep.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 05:03:11 PM

Indian bitcoin market even not 0.1% of whole world tx. So how it will impact price of bitcoin? For your information all big deal happen in btc through only cash deal not now even when it was available through bank deal because margin of trader not much who buy/sell btc, so they can't show their transaction through bank until it was registered company, now RBI closed that bank route so all deal happening through cash, and don't worry, you will find buyer or seller or any amount of btc doesn't matter how big it is. Just try to search little deep.

There is no single price of Bitcoin across the globe. Every market has it own price. Even though spread of Bitcoin in India is relatively low when compared to rest of World but still local market is competent enough to determine its own price. Let's go little back in time. Back in 2017, the highest Bitcoin ever been in International market was $19,600 (approx.) equivalent to Rs. 13,30,000 while in India it went to Rs. 14,50,000 on Zebpay marketplace. At most of the time in 2017-18, Bitcoin used to sell at premium of 5-10% in Indian market due to high demand. After Finance Bill of 2018, Bitcoin fell dramatically in Indian market. It was trading for around Rs. 2,50,000 3,50,000 in local markets while international price was equivalent to Rs. 6,00,000 - Rs. 7,00,000. This discounted price was due to decrease in demand after fear of ban.
So yes, Indian market too decide and have impact on local price of Bitcoin.
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 12:58:37 PM

There is no single price of Bitcoin across the globe. Every market has it own price. Even though spread of Bitcoin in India is relatively low when compared to rest of World but still local market is competent enough to determine its own price. Let's go little back in time. Back in 2017, the highest Bitcoin ever been in International market was $19,600 (approx.) equivalent to Rs. 13,30,000 while in India it went to Rs. 14,50,000 on Zebpay marketplace. At most of the time in 2017-18, Bitcoin used to sell at premium of 5-10% in Indian market due to high demand. After Finance Bill of 2018, Bitcoin fell dramatically in Indian market. It was trading for around Rs. 2,50,000 3,50,000 in local markets while international price was equivalent to Rs. 6,00,000 - Rs. 7,00,000. This discounted price was due to decrease in demand after fear of ban.
So yes, Indian market too decide and have impact on local price of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin price is drive by overall world demand and supply like other commodities in world. In India price suddenly rise more than world price when demand raised so much 1 of the reason because very low number of miners in India because of high electricity cost. So miner can't afford to run miner easily until they have cheap electricity.
2nd points when there is politics involved in anything and panic mode come, price always dropped so hard, and that drop was only in India not it was on world. When that budget was announcing. And after some days all recover when everyone know the pin points of budget. Normally you won't find abusrd pricing of bitcoin if nothing much happening. So it's clear again India market is too small for impacting price.

SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 03:16:45 PM

I don't believe elections would make any difference. The thing is India doesn't have many Crypto users. So it isn't a significant topic for the government. Even supreme court is just postponing the hearing. It isn't really important for them at this particular time.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: