Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Planning for summer 2019  (Read 12680 times)
John46285

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:07:45 AM

I think summer is the season that i will close my rig due to hot weather and it will consume more electricity plus need extra fans to cool down the rig i thin the expenses is not worth it to mine this summer  Wink
Yeah in summer it will be wrong decision to do mining. Cause in summer weather become very hot and there need much electricity.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:26:48 AM

mining is nonsense nowadays. You can get more coins buying them then mining them. The psicological reason why people mine at a clear loss considering what i said before, is that they have invested a lot of money. Turning mining rigs off and buying coins is like accepting a fail for that investment.

It is what it is. People continue mining so as not to get frustrated with a failed investment.

Summer is comming. There is no economical reason to continue mining. Heat is going to harm you life , specially if you have your mining rigs inside your house. The best option right now is to turn them off unless prices skyrocket. only in that case i would even turn them on.

Since that is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN not at least in the next 2 years, your machines are just ok off.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:44:20 PM

It's going to be a bad day for miners this summer. The heat will surely make mining rigs stress. Just going to mine some altcoin because it's going to be more profitable this summer than mining Bitcoin. Also, it's less hassle for me so I could enjoy the outside vacation.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:36:46 PM

It's going to be a bad day for miners this summer. The heat will surely make mining rigs stress. Just going to mine some altcoin because it's going to be more profitable this summer than mining Bitcoin. Also, it's less hassle for me so I could enjoy the outside vacation.

Just bought a water cooler for my detached garage, without it temp will go to 120.  Keep my 75 gpus and 4 ASIC running.

Get few of this or something similar Industrial Exhaust Shutter fans install it , and make sure you creating a very good airflow, your rigs should be ok Smiley Make sure you going to use some kind of air filter on the fresh air intake side Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:33:28 AM

I also think on several altcoins to try to remember in the summer, as there will be more time. Without good cooling, of course, I will not get in:)
mak013

Activity: 2408
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:01:12 AM

I dont see any problem. It was the same summer 2018 and it wasnt a problem, why it becomes a problem now? Stop your rigs, go on vacation and dont cry at the board.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Docice

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:46:49 PM

In the summer, it is best to find the coldest algorithm, but at the same time it is profitable Grin Either sell all the GPUs and buy the BTC on them and wait for the next pump Wink
l3pox
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1132

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:07:05 PM

better defining summer.
if OP lives in a place like Rio de Janeiro, Brazil summer is 41 celsius.
if OP lives in Helsinki summer may not be higher than 33 celsius

many summers on the same planet.

but I'd agree with most suggestions:
take a brea
or get an air conditioning system if you live in hot climate

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:38:32 PM

In the summer, it is best to find the coldest algorithm, but at the same time it is profitable Grin Either sell all the GPUs and buy the BTC on them and wait for the next pump Wink

lol what?  Algorithms don't have temperatures. 

I do think you will make more money if you sell any hardware you have and just put it all into the coins you believe in.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:48:31 PM

You could install an electrical socket externally and then house your mining gear outside instead e.g. in a shed. Better still put it in a greenhouse and help your tropical plants and flowers

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 01:36:18 AM

Smart mans plan is if you don’t have solar stop fucking mining lol till profits return

But lol they won’t listen , I’m shutting down the bulk of my op , only leaving the ones in my basement since I get 20 percent off with savers switch but even that might not be enough for me to keep running them in the summer
mak013

Activity: 2408
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:32:53 AM

lol what?  Algorithms don't have temperatures. 

I do think you will make more money if you sell any hardware you have and just put it all into the coins you believe in.
It was so. Lyra2z was cold algo before new miners understand how to get hashes from it.
You can believe in a wrong coin and get nothing but with GPUs you can get any coin and even if you are wrong - you have an equipment to get another coin.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
CryptoLing

Activity: 493
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:40:30 AM

Since we don't see a great indicator of bullrun these last few weeks, I suggest you just keep your rig mine altcoin that you think is gonna huge in the next 2 quarter and get a great summer vacation. Who knows, but maybe after the break we can see a bullrun and you already prepared.
Keadyar

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:59:35 AM

Since we don't see a great indicator of bullrun these last few weeks, I suggest you just keep your rig mine altcoin that you think is gonna huge in the next 2 quarter and get a great summer vacation. Who knows, but maybe after the break we can see a bullrun and you already prepared.
I am also sure that the Altcoins will manifest themselves in the next six months. Mine altcoins can and should be for the future.

Coinsbit Exchange (coinsbit.io) - the best cryptoexchange launched!!!
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:43:59 PM

Bitcoin mining does not bring the profit which it used to bring 2 years ago. In the country where I live electricity is very expensive, that is why people sell hardware and go on trading only.
avonka

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:59:16 PM

The price of the coins that are mineable has increased lately and I suppose the RIGs will work at the summer period as well, despite there will be no need for heating, rather for cooling.
Dennicex

Activity: 393

Coinsbit exchange

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 01:47:04 PM

The price of the coins that are mineable has increased lately and I suppose the RIGs will work at the summer period as well, despite there will be no need for heating, rather for cooling.
You're right. Summer is coming soon and this means that the heat is starting soon and the hardest times for miners and their equipment will come. This is still a headache!

Coinsbit is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, Multi-Support, Strong Security, and Open API.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:06:01 AM

Will water cooling rigs be a good solution for the summer or it will just be a waste of money and resources?
mos20

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:20:48 AM

I haven't really had time to do anything crypto related this year since It's my last year at school but I'm thinking about mustering up a manageable amount of money and building a couple of decently sized gpu rigs now that mining profits are looking better and small miners have the luxury of getting generously discounted cards from miners that are selling their rigs. I just hope the market doesn't move too fast and we don't get to the hype cycle until at least the end of summer/ autumn.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:33:10 AM

Will water cooling rigs be a good solution for the summer or it will just be a waste of money and resources?

Water cooling will only make the rig a little quieter, the heat will still be there and will need to be removed somehow anyways. And it also makes the rig very bulky and its expensive if you got loads of rigs.

A few years back Bitmain made a water-cooled Bitcoin miner, I think it was called the Antminer C1, I had one for a few months. It was great because it was quiet and you could leave it in the office or sleep next to it, however it still generated heat and you had to put it somewhere there was good ventilation. And it was also bulky with the radiators and all the tubes sticking out.

Your best bet if you live in a house is to put them in the basement or garage, if you don't want it heating up your house.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: