Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Remove the need for Sentinel  (Read 93 times)
CoinFascination (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:42:03 PM

There are some coins that don't need sentinel and some do.

At some point Dash did not need it, then they started using it. But my question is if your coin uses sentinel, how does one get rid of it.

There is no clear and detailed explanation of what Sentinel does. Now there is talk that it will never be used to do what it was supposed to do.

I have also heard that "once you use Sentinel, you can never get rid of it". I wonder if that is true.

Is there a coin that used to use it and does not anymore. I believe going to POS is one way. But what about POW coins that are dash clones that stopped using Sentinel.

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:36:54 AM

Sorry but I am a bit confused here, what do you mean by sentinel because I just went to check for the meaning of sentinel in the dictionary and I got a very different meaning that is not and can never be in anyway related to the blockchain.

Hence, I am sorry to ask, where did you see that dash was sentinel and any coin that implemented sentinel cannot be removed and can you please give me an example of the coin fork from dash which just have POW and without sentinel, don't mind me for asking this questions, I am a coder now looking to be a crypto developer hence love to find out new things.
CoinFascination (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 04:46:59 PM

Sorry but I am a bit confused here, what do you mean by sentinel because I just went to check for the meaning of sentinel in the dictionary and I got a very different meaning that is not and can never be in anyway related to the blockchain.

Hence, I am sorry to ask, where did you see that dash was sentinel and any coin that implemented sentinel cannot be removed and can you please give me an example of the coin fork from dash which just have POW and without sentinel, don't mind me for asking this questions, I am a coder now looking to be a crypto developer hence love to find out new things.

I am referring to this:
https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel

Dash engineers either don't know exactly what it does or don't want to say how to remove it. Or many it is not so easy to do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: