Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:40:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on android phone  (Read 15049 times)
Keadyar

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:42:02 AM

Still wouldn't buy the M1; seems like mostly a gimmick from what I can see with Electroneum advertising potential rewards of "up to $3/month". Specs also do not look that great with 8GB internal storage and other features that are pretty basic for 2019. You can get a better value elsewhere for a phone, and you also shouldn't be buying a phone simply for mining purposes in the first place either. Not worth the premium you're paying for a basic phone IMO.

That's exactly my point. The specs for the M1 look like they came from a ten year old smart phone. But if you believe their promise of "up to $3/month", I am wondering what would be possible with the 2019s flagships. These $3 per month are probably just marketing gossip.
I totally agree with you. The price of $ 3 looks unconvincing. I think this is a marketing ploy. Although of course anything can happen on the cryptorink.

Coinsbit Exchange (coinsbit.io) - the best cryptoexchange launched!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:38:42 AM

Mib coin is the only real phone mining crypto. Very profitable and can only be mined by phone.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:31:00 AM

Forget about it. At first, it will be a heavy duty work for your phone. As result it will die much earlier than you will have mined at least it's cost. Secondly, this will load a processor closer to 100%. So you will be unable to use this phone as an everyday gadget for calls, internet, etc. Or, all of this will work too slow. Third, a mining requires a certain volume of internet traffic. Mobile traffic usually is more expensive than others. So you shoul consider possible additional charges. And also there are too many scams among such apps, those especially targeted to newbies and promise high profits in a short time. But actually there is a big chance that your phone will mine a lion share of satoshi for somebody else and only a few penny for you.
3meek

Activity: 2408
Merit: 673

God, save BTC!

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:16:46 AM

Mib coin is the only real phone mining crypto. Very profitable and can only be mined by phone.
Also saw this topic! But not quite sure what mibcoin mining only phones and mines into whether it at all!

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 877

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:26:45 PM

Also saw this topic! But not quite sure what mibcoin mining only phones and mines into whether it at all!

This is real mining. Works only on phones. At least I didn't get to run mining on Android emulators. Tested on several emulators. But to make a big profit, you need to engage in mining on dozens of phones. So this coin is only for those who have the opportunity.
lisasteca

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:43:05 PM

You sure can mine BTC or any nearly any other alt with your phone, but the problem is it's just not going to be profitable at all. All phones have terrible heat dissipation due to a lack of active cooling, and you're not doing your phone a favor by mining on it. If you're trying to mine alts, though, your PC is likely going to perform better than a phone at mining, though you'll have to take into account what hardware you have and your electrical rates to determine whether or not you're profitable or not.

If you have a laptop, do not mine with that either. Laptops are also generally crap with heat dissipation, not worth your time.

Mining with laptop is alwayse wasting time and electricity , i have tried several time with other mining coin and is not working yet!
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:26:56 PM

You are saying it's very profitable?! I thought the main conclusion of this thread is that mining with your smartphone isn't really worth it. Why should it be for that MIB coin any different?
viljy

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:35:16 PM

You are saying it's very profitable?! I thought the main conclusion of this thread is that mining with your smartphone isn't really worth it. Why should it be for that MIB coin any different?

It's probably still profitable. I've been turning on mining on three different phones to check their speed, and how much they'll heat up. In General, for a period of about one hour, and during this time received more than three coins. May be he has some powerful phones, and for a day he gets 100 coins? Today 1MIB ~$0.03. With phones, power consumption can not even take into account. It would be a paltry sum. Here in some thread I read that a person gets ~$1.5 profit per day from mining on GPUs.
trashman43

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:36:23 PM

I’m a complete beginner with this , does anyone have any tips for apps to mine bitcoin through android phones? I read various stories on doing this, some not so great but thought I’d give it a try
Why will you even think of mining Bitcoin or any other crypto coin with an Android phone?? Android phone and phones in general don't have such hardware requirement needed to mining cryptocurrency. Please get yourself a pc mining rig, that will be better than using your Android phone. But If you want to know how to setup a pc mining rig, you should go on YouTube and research there. It helped me get the needed info I need to setup a simple pc mining rig.

Alucard2425
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:00:00 AM

mining in android phones are waste of time and waste of hardware you will just break your phone or lessens its durability so its better mine on rigs  Wink
corrado25

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:48:59 AM

I know that now they are producing special mobile phones for mining. I can not say so much as it is a profitable business, but as for me, the mobile phone is a thing for communication and certainly not for the property. All of this is aimed solely at earning money. I know there is a coin ETN which can be mined on a smartphone. You can try it

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 01:09:26 PM

It's probably still profitable. I've been turning on mining on three different phones to check their speed, and how much they'll heat up. In General, for a period of about one hour, and during this time received more than three coins. May be he has some powerful phones, and for a day he gets 100 coins? Today 1MIB ~$0.03. With phones, power consumption can not even take into account. It would be a paltry sum. Here in some thread I read that a person gets ~$1.5 profit per day from mining on GPUs.

So what were the specs of these three phones that you tried out? I know it's a bit off-topic but are there other similar coins that can only be mined on smartphones? And how exactly can it be ensured that no one uses his computer to mine it?
viljy

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 04:30:05 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 08:48:15 PM by viljy

So what were the specs of these three phones that you tried out? I know it's a bit off-topic but are there other similar coins that can only be mined on smartphones? And how exactly can it be ensured that no one uses his computer to mine it?

Checked phones with such SOC: Exynos7870 8 cores 1.6 GHz, Snapdragon 801 4 cores 2.5 GHz and MTK6592 8 cores. Exynos is the fastest, Snapdragon is about 2 times slower. MTK is even slower and warmed up like a stove.
On the phone with MTK6739 mining has not started, probably the application does not work on the screens 18:9.
As for mining on the computer, I can only say that I tried several Android emulators to run mining. Unsuccessfully.
From other coins for phones know only Electroneum. But it's a simulated mining operation.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 04:08:03 AM

This is real mining. Works only on phones. At least I didn't get to run mining on Android emulators. Tested on several emulators. But to make a big profit, you need to engage in mining on dozens of phones. So this coin is only for those who have the opportunity.

If you really want to try then you can get some cheap androids (usually $20-$30) from walmart or on other markets during sells. However you need to make sure if this coin have any future worth investing into otherwise you will be just wasting your time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:29:49 AM

I remember some alt that called "MangoCoin" back in 2015-2016 I think? You can mine mangocoin by just walking/running, basically if you have to do a long commute for work it's great to have this app on your phone.
To be honest, it doesn't make you rich by any means, but the concept was good to attract people. Yeah this was more like a gimmick than actual mining. But it's nice to get rewarded to do something you always do every day, like walking. But yeah the coin already dead.

Oh after a quick google search, here the ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902788.0
John46285

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:17:46 AM

No, you can't mine bitcoin with an android phone and if there is some software out there to mine bitcoin with android I am sure it's not profitable and it may risk your phone life due to high temp. while mining.
Yeah I also think that if there have any way to mine Bitcoin with our android device then It's never gonna be profitable. It will destro your android phone.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
3meek

Activity: 2408
Merit: 673

God, save BTC!

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:51:52 AM

Checked phones with such SOC: Exynos7870 8 cores 1.6 GHz, Snapdragon 801 4 cores 2.5 GHz and MTK6592 8 cores. Exynos is the fastest, Snapdragon is about 2 times slower. MTK is even slower and warmed up like a stove.
On the phone with MTK6739 mining has not started, probably the application does not work on the screens 18:9.
As for mining on the computer, I can only say that I tried several Android emulators to run mining. Unsuccessfully.
From other coins for phones know only Electroneum. But it's a simulated mining operation.
Yes, mining simulation is a very cool idea! Coins can be mine even on the calculator!  Grin

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
secdark

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:46:04 AM

We cant prefer mobile phones for crypto mining, even poor setup computer cant be use in mining your just wasting time and money off course paying monthly electricity bills. If you want mining, you need a full advance set up computer to stand in high spec needed by mining technology, estimated 5000$ worth of mining rig. But if the rate of electricity in you country is high, it would be hard for you, think twice before start in crypto mining

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency   
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄   
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
viljy

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:54:02 AM

If you really want to try then you can get some cheap androids (usually $20-$30) from walmart or on other markets during sells. However you need to make sure if this coin have any future worth investing into otherwise you will be just wasting your time.

Well, I had this thought. However, I'm not sure it's worth investing in buying old phones for this. I think it's just an interesting way of mining. But if someone already has a lot of unnecessary phones, then this is a good way to use them.
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:22:51 AM

Perhaps this is still a more stupid idea, it would be like  creating mining on a smart watch or a refrigerator. In principle, this is feasible, but most importantly - why?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: