Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C2CX.COM SCAM - beware  (Read 190 times)
Choosewise (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 02:31:27 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I think people should be warned so they don't burn themselves with this like I did.

I saw an arbitrage opportunity there about 2 weeks ago so I registered an account. I could tell it was sketchy from the beginning because of the broken English and activation link being in Chinese - yet there were no bad reviews about it on the internet, so I thought I was safe enough. So I transferred 0.3 BTC there, bought the coins that I wanted, tried withdrawing them. The withdrawal was shown as "successful", yet no coins came. The transaction id provided was invalid. I tried contacting support about this, no reply. Kept writing them every 2-3 days, still no communication from their side. Today I tried logging in, and kept getting an error that the password entered was incorrect. I am absolutely sure it was the correct password, I don't reuse them for multiple services, my machine is not compromised.

I didn't change it, there's no "forgot password" option anywhere, and the support does not respond.

They changed my password for me.

The fact that I didn't see any bad reviews 2 weeks ago probably means that they've just now started doing this. Don't think I'll ever get my money back, but at least I can warn others.

STAY AWAY

Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:21:30 AM

Hello there Choosewise, we have proper board to post your scam accusation. Please head on here Scam Accusations and use the correct format.

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Pages: [1]
  Print