Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:43:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal SCAMMERS - Warning  (Read 347 times)
TeslaWatt.com (OP)

Activity: 405
Merit: 10

www.teslawatt.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 03:05:01 AM

Do not use PAYPAL for any type of transaction. We got blocked on several accounts for selling miners on the Ebay.
(not just one account). PayPal started action against crypto miners. EBAY told us on several occasion that they are ok with miners and they support it 100%.

This is competition pushback so its kind-a normal. We are advising everyone to stay out of Paypal.
(this started last week).

We called Ebay reported this and they are saying they are in the process of separation from them.

Paypal is just ignorant calling it high risk but in reality is competitor device.  
We lost total 36k because PP didn't want to return it.
180 days wait period and then they will charge violations of terms of use.

BAN PAYPAL yourself don't wait until this happens to you.

proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 04:47:57 AM

I thought of this as much few days ago. Unfortunate for PayPal cryptocurrency will compete with their service as they also did to other method of payment before now. It hard time we stay clear from PayPay and embrace what we have(Believe) as the best option. A friend of mine equally complained about the same issue. Where on earth will there not going to be a competition?.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1795

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 05:24:10 AM

As far as I know PayPal is infact not supporting anything related to crypto, but it's my first time hearing them block payment for mining device. I thought this block only apply if you use PayPal to pay crypto, but it seems they've started to act stricter.

Can you post any screenshot or something similar?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:45:06 AM

As far as I know PayPal is infact not supporting anything related to crypto, but it's my first time hearing them block payment for mining device.
Well, that's also considered as related to crypto transaction IMO but I didn't see it coming that way, in which this is a new rule from them I guess.

36k is a huge loss for business like that where miners now are considered to be sold on lower price and hope you get back your funds though expect a huge charge for that.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 718

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 12:31:34 PM

I am really disappointed to know this happened to you. I thought Paypal was doing a good job in the market which is why I never read any complaints about it anywhere.
I kind of knew that Paypal was against crypto and hence didn't support any such transactions but this is kind of bullshit that Paypal is blocking payments for crypto to related transactions.
Why would Paypal invite a loss to itself by blocking payments ? You should definitely read their policies and terms and conditions and find out if they have mentioned this anywhere.
If they have not then you are free to make a complaint against them.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 776

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 01:49:08 PM

First time to hear out for Paypal on having this kind of act towards mining equipment selling.If they didnt have such blocks on past transactions
then they might change out their rules (same as said above). It isnt totally a loss since the funds is just on hold and still have the chance to recover but
deductions wont really be that small since you do violate their rules.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 03:09:29 PM

Do not use PAYPAL for any type of transaction. We got blocked on several accounts for selling miners on the Ebay.
(not just one account). PayPal started action against crypto miners. EBAY told us on several occasion that they are ok with miners and they support it 100%.

This is competition pushback so its kind-a normal. We are advising everyone to stay out of Paypal.

We called Ebay reported this and they are saying they are in the process of separation from them.

Paypal is just ignorant calling it high risk but in reality is competitor device.  

Because they have already lost half of their clients to cryptocurrency and they will soon lose business, some of Paypal's policy is misleading there should be liable for that money they stole from their clients, most of their profits come from stealing from their clients
TeslaWatt.com (OP)

www.teslawatt.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 08:39:27 PM

http://basepic.com/storage/app/images/70fadfeba80324c343e12ee7aac7f696.png

I can't share whole screen because there are buyer names.
TeslaWatt is most transparent company in crypto market so I would love to share whole thing.

den50

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 08:41:59 PM

Yeah, eBay is a separate thing buddy.
den50

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 08:43:47 PM

You can try suing PayPal in small claims but you violated their terms, eBay is eBay and PayPal is PayPal.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:14:11 PM

As far as I know PayPal is infact not supporting anything related to crypto, but it's my first time hearing them block payment for mining device. I thought this block only apply if you use PayPal to pay crypto, but it seems they've started to act stricter.

PayPal is very weird and often doesn't shy away from ignoring its own terms. It really looks like they are selectively choosing accounts to attack.

It's going to be interesting to see how this will affect Coinbase's 'PayPal withdrawals'. The terms for withdrawals are quite weird and can only be done with fiat that hasn't been utilized on the exchange itself. But then again, what prevents PayPal from blocking your account balance? Coinbase hasn't done people a favor by kissing PayPal's ass.

https://blog.coinbase.com/instant-paypal-withdrawals-now-available-for-all-u-s-customers-58b2958a13aa
TeslaWatt.com (OP)

www.teslawatt.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 12:14:34 AM

I agree and don't understand it either. It's complete BS for Coinbase doing business with them.
They are claiming this time it was high risk equipment. Brand new S15 and some S9 with all possible proof of order, purchase, payment, tracking numbers and even our customers confirmed directly to the PayPal too! They where even willing to sign document that they wont ask for refund. Once they return (if they do it at all) the funds I will bring it to small court claim regardless just to make my point. They could win because they have ridicules agreement but I don't care if we win or lose.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 11:21:26 AM

It's not news at all. Paypal has been doing this shady stuff since day one.

Are you sure that you haven't done any currency exchanges with paypal, though, and all that you've done was selling your mining equipment through ebay and getting paid in paypal? But even if you haven't, it wouldn't be surprising, because paypal is known to have a terribly negative attitude towards all bitcoin related purchases, and will limit you if they have the slightest suspicion.

It's unfair that ebay gives you the green light, but paypal just goes with their own version of the story. After all, people expect them to be in line with the same policies, as they are linked companies.

That's the part of the reason why I've quit using paypal long ago. It's very frustrating and you never have full control over your funds, and as a seller you can get into some serious cashflow issues if they do decide to limit your account and put a 180 day restriction on funds.
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 01:17:49 PM

My paypal funds is only for my web host who until now is not accepting cryptocurrency but all of my online transactions are on cryptocurrency, they are being beaten by cryptocurrency the reason why they hate anything associated with cryptocurrency, don't worry they will be out in business in a few years.

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 01:47:41 PM

My paypal funds is only for my web host who until now is not accepting cryptocurrency .
There are many web hosting who accept crypto payment already, you should move there if you don't want to pay with PP, e.g. namecheap and hostinger.
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:21:02 PM

This is serious. But they should make a return of your 36k if your "allegation " is correct. PP should know better to keep to terms, they have built reputation over time and this information is getting to push them on the fud side.
TeslaWatt.com (OP)

www.teslawatt.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 07:41:00 PM

Are you sure that you haven't done any currency exchanges with paypal, though, and all that you've done was selling your mining equipment through ebay and getting paid in paypal? But even if you haven't, it wouldn't be surprising, because paypal is known to have a terribly negative attitude towards all bitcoin related purchases, and will limit you if they have the slightest suspicion.

That's the part of the reason why I've quit using paypal long ago. It's very frustrating and you never have full control over your funds, and as a seller you can get into some serious cashflow issues if they do decide to limit your account and put a 180 day restriction on funds.

100% just mining equipment. They are claiming its too risky. Even though all positive feedbacks are there.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 11:50:23 PM

Thank you for this post! I've started back up selling some of my miners on eBay recently after I stopped selling on the platform due to people pretending their packages didn't arrive and losing cases, etc, pulling all my listings right now again. I've always known PayPal's generally against any transactions related to cryptocurrency, but I had no idea they're starting to go after people selling physical goods related to crypto too. Seems like a lot of fiat services related to finance are going after crypto now from the posts I can see in this section recently as well.
pickupcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1203
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2019, 02:21:07 AM

I am really sorry about your loss. I know for your company, and as I know here is everything legal.
how it will affect this PP problem to your future business?
TeslaWatt.com (OP)

www.teslawatt.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2019, 04:02:46 AM

Nah it's ok. We will find another way. We are not going to give up because of pp ridicules rules. This is even more point that crypto is on right track. Like POMP keep saying "Long Bitcoin, Short the Bankers".

Ebay told us they will bring another payment method.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: