Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:09:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain gaming will rock  (Read 259 times)
florac9 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:20:04 AM

Just imagined how good and addictive it would have been if games like PUBG runs through blockchain and you get paid in real coins when you hunt down enemies, or earn massive coins when you hunt down a wanted terrorists in games? Where is Sony and Microsoft ? Yeah I know ,I'm rushing things out because blockchain is still very young ,in the future the possibility is very HUGE and far from IMPOSSIBLE

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:12:00 AM
Merited by Quickseller (1)

and who is going to pay the players?

all these companies you named like Sony are trying to sell something and earn money not to create a platform that people go to and earn money! so no this will never happen unless you are willing to pay out of your own pocket to millions of people who are playing all kinds of games on daily basis?

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 07:06:03 AM

Just imagined how good and addictive it would have been if games like PUBG runs through blockchain and you get paid in real coins when you hunt down enemies, or earn massive coins when you hunt down a wanted terrorists in games? Where is Sony and Microsoft ? Yeah I know ,I'm rushing things out because blockchain is still very young ,in the future the possibility is very HUGE and far from IMPOSSIBLE
Blockchain gaming is sooooo limited. I mean "games" are things we love to play online with no basic database at all, you play fifa, Nba 2k, apex, Pubg and games like that and look at what type of games they are, look at how we play those games. None of them has any place that would make blockchain improve their gameplay.

"Game" is something we play in a flow motion and not something we like to play on web browser that much, maybe congregate type of games would improve thanks to blockchain but it is not a great chance to be honest with you, the only games that will improve via blockchain is the web based text games like Hattrick, Buzzer beater, Tribal wars and whatever, that's it. That is why I do not see future of blockchain gaming getting any bigger, its already bigger than it should be.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 07:26:23 AM

all these companies you named like Sony are trying to sell something and earn money not to create a platform that people go to and earn money! so no this will never happen unless you are willing to pay out of your own pocket to millions of people who are playing all kinds of games on daily basis?
It is possible! I will give you examples ,do you know AIRcoins ? You get paid by using GPS and map on your phone to find coins ,augment reality kinda ,if video game based project rely on blockchain with 100billion coin supply then you can earn some coins beating hard levels in video games ,the more level you beat the harder they becomes ,its more like mining ,difficulty rate will increase yes?it makes sense and nothing is impossible ,leave that to the developers ,I'm sure new ways will be found
I'm waiting to see how decimated game will play out ,its the first of its kind

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jrfranco

Activity: 786
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 04:43:18 PM

Gaming industry will take advantage on the good side of blockchain and as I have seen there are lots of ongoing ico nowadays that are related to gaming industry, this only means that blockchain can be applied to all sorts of business as long as there are community supporting in it. But we should be careful enough on which project we gonna participate.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 04:50:37 PM

This is a very interesting proposal since the technology of blockchain will help the development of gaming in general and the number of people willing will increase significantly, but at the moment these are just suggestions.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 05:05:27 PM

This is a very interesting proposal since the technology of blockchain will help the development of gaming in general and the number of people willing will increase significantly, but at the moment these are just suggestions.

it seems to me that you haven't read first post of this thread. Sad
If i'm wrong, can you tell us who will pay the player? Cheesy

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:30:32 PM

Yeah that sounds cool but i wonder how all these games will be able to generate revenue themselves to pay the players maybe the game will use the processor of the player to generate some mining hash only this seems a serious source to me if any expert is here he should post details here.

evanescence

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 08:32:50 PM

There's 2 parts of what you described.
1. The game itself - cannot use blockchain as it's way too slow.
2. The payment system - could be centralized and nobody would notice, it might actually be better for user experience.

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:38:27 PM

There are projects built on blockchain and related to the world of games, for example https://gizer.io/
However, it is a long way to let such corporations as Microsoft or EA get interested in using cryptocurrencies. It seems to me that such large companies do not need a crypto (at least for now), because they can create their own tokens or kind of scores.

eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:46:58 PM

Livestreaming is going to be viable through blockchain too, just saying.
About the  gaming through blockchain, I've seen before with this kind of example that you have mentioned OP. You'll get paid with few coins after killing your enemies on the game, it's a counter strike game but I forgot that version and mod.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 769
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 09:03:57 PM

I think in the future concept like this can happen, just for example, Popular Online game android like PUBG, Mobile legend, the develpoer created diamond, and if people want to buy rere item, they should buy diamond first with money. If concept diamond change be token so that will be help the project, also because the token trade in exchange, people easy can buy it, if many people buy it of course the price can to survive
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 09:14:06 PM

As far as know, most of gaming related projects do not pay directly.  When you start the game, you have to bet some money and the winner wins the determined money. They are one of the smallest projects that can be installed in the blockchain. Do not think of it as a great thing.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:52:55 PM

The companies themselves don't have to pay the players with fiat, all they need to do is create a coin or token that will reward the players of this games, the best way is to do it in the form of a bet were both players bets a particular amount before playing the game and the winner takes the coin thereafter. The company will make money for transaction fees and also bet fees of users.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:55:31 PM

So a game where you can bet against your enemy? Well if its like this then this is just another place for a gamer to create profit through their opponents. A game under the blockchain technology is quiet unusual but for sure some developer will make way to create a game like this in the future.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:21:18 PM

You are right, it really would and certainly will be a great opportunity not only to get cryptocurrency while playing, but also to make purchases and sales inside the game. But the development and integration of all these processes is already happening. So the famous BeachHead game right now integrates VR and blockchain technology into its game, thereby introducing its own cryptocurrency into its game. Since BeachHead is not just a game, but a whole gaming world with its cities, shops, cinemas and many others and at the same time uses cryptocurrency, imagine the scale of development and possibilities. And this is not fiction, but already quite a reality. So, the gaming industry is already integrating blockchain and very soon awaiting amazing opportunities.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:24:37 PM

There are projects that has been integrating these games to blockchain. I remeber they had been partnered by steam one of the known company that has a lot of addictive games. So far, it did not had made to eatablish the project's worth in those games since the team managing it dump the project.
Bourbon44

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:25:06 PM

I like where your head is at. Any ideas on which platform you would use? Needs to be highly scalable if you want to keep things moving. I would look into MOAC maybe over say Ethereum.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:30:39 PM

Question is where would they get that payment for those who will play it.

First, many of this games are just relying on advertisements for funds. (you might have been seeing those pop up ads)
Next, is the premium items inside the game or avatars items to beautify your character.

They are also paying their employees like customer support and also programmers who keeps the game running.
Now, how will they pay you if they have so much bills in their hand?
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:41:29 PM

The companies themselves don't have to pay the players with fiat, all they need to do is create a coin or token that will reward the players of this games, the best way is to do it in the form of a bet were both players bets a particular amount before playing the game and the winner takes the coin thereafter. The company will make money for transaction fees and also bet fees of users.

Question is where would they get that payment for those who will play it.

First, many of this games are just relying on advertisements for funds. (you might have been seeing those pop up ads)
Next, is the premium items inside the game or avatars items to beautify your character.

They are also paying their employees like customer support and also programmers who keeps the game running.
Now, how will they pay you if they have so much bills in their hand?

This might be one answer for this big question, who will pay the players? Creating a coin within the system is not expensive just like any other altcoin. And if the player wants to buy accessories or wants to level up, they need to pay using this coin. And there should be some payment system in place before starting the game. So yeah, whoever wins will take home those coins. And these coins will not be only available from the system but also from the exchanges. So if somebody wants to play, either they will buy it from the platform itself or from the exchange, whichever is favourable to him. That will give the value for this coin.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: