Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:34:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't pilots afraid of "Bermuda Triangle"?  (Read 351 times)
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:39:33 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

For those who don't know about the Bermuda Triangle:

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle or Hurricane Alley, is a loosely-defined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean, where a number of aircraft and ships are said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

It sounds scary - even if it's just a part of ancient stories. Recently, two of my relatives had a flight from Orlando, but after checking the route of the flight, they literally canceled it and got a refund for it. Why did they do it? Because of the "Bermuda Triangle". It seems like it still makes people afraid of passing through it.

However, interestingly, there's a lot of active air traffic 24/7 through this triangle:

https://www.flightradar24.com/25.19,-72.38/5

If passengers are still (to a little extent) afraid of it, why aren't the pilots/airlines? How can they just ignore all of this and travel through such a scary place?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 12:07:41 AM
Merited by dbshck (4)

Because they know it's a myth !

it all started by a novel writer, then a few ships disappeared around that area, and the fud become real, but how many other ships and airplanes were lost somewhere else far from Bermuda? the logic states that it's nothing but a fake story followed by a coincidence that turned to a myth.

do your two relatives believe in flat earth too? Roll Eyes
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:23:50 AM

why aren't the pilots/airlines? How can they just ignore all of this and travel through such a scary place?

Because science...  Air travel is far more reliant on science than fairy tales. 

When we start to alter our air travel as a result of fairy tales I think the world will be in a really really bad place!
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:25:15 AM

do your two relatives believe in flat earth too? Roll Eyes

Not sure; they literally once (about 5 years back) traveled all the way from Moscow to Karachi by car just because of the "air fear". I've repeatedly told them that flying is much safer than driving, but they're just way too afraid of air crashes.

I've never traveled anywhere near this part of the world and actually found about Bermuda Triangle a couple of days back when these relatives told me about it. From what I could see at Google Search results, there's still no "very-convincing theory of why things have disappeared from the triangle". Roll Eyes
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 02:31:26 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2019, 03:16:45 PM by Heisenberg_Hunter
Merited by suchmoon (4), Raja_MBZ (1)

Seems like a pretty interesting topic to have a discussion going through. I had a interest/passion in these sorts of myths/some people call them science/mysteries happening all over the world right from my childhood and based on that I have been grasping knowledge on what they are and why people are really afraid of that actually.

Bermuda Triangle from a point of Myths

Not many people believe in myths actually, but they are quite interesting to read and since most of these myths are pressurizing us to believe some sort of supernatural powers exist around us, we tend to believe so.

Bermuda - Atlantis Theory

Based on one such ancient facts, Bermuda Triangle seems to contain the "Long Lost City of Atlantis" (Not the one which comes in Aquaman movie) . Some of them could be well aware of the Atlantis city which was first mentioned in Plato's works. Though I have never read his works, but people tend to believe these cities consisted of many powerful instruments or magnetic radiations which tend to attract the ships and planes flying over them. These were probably proven true that there would have been an ancient city and that the sculptures found underwater near the region of Bermuda Triangle seen to have ancient scriptings written on them.

The common Alien Theory

When something strange happens in any part of the world, there is a common misconception or a famous theory that they are done by aliens which come from a parallel universe. If we were to believe the parallel universe concept, then aliens should be existing. Hence some believe that the Bermuda Triangle serves as a pathway to an alien world which might connect two worlds.

Bermuda Triangle from a point of Science

If myths proven to be wrong or never to be believed, we commonly tend to move to the idea of Science.

it all started by a novel writer,

Not exactly true, but the concept of a Triangular pattern in North Atlantic Ocean consuming or emitting strange energy came from Christopher Columbus instead and not from random unnamed authors as you have mentioned. There are no real writings of Columbus in the native Spanish/Italian or to say they have been lost, but his voyages and his achievements have been recorded by Bartolome de las Casas in his books. Going by that, Columbus and his man have seen strange movements of Compass and they were not really pointing out to the correct direction. This incident took place probably in the region of now called Bermuda Triangle. He has even said that they have seen strange lights in the seas and has also seen a light falling from the sky. Weather this could be true or not, but Columbus writings were an important part in the beginnings of mysteries surrounding the triangle.

The Methane Gas Theory

Some scientists believe that the area of Bermuda Triangle encompasses insane amount of Methane Gasses which are present well below the seafloor. This were at times, proven to be correct since scientists has encountered Methane Gas in a frozen state in the area surrounding the triangle. When such gasses were released they could eject huge heat which can make the Flights passing above them to catch fire. Also, the density of water can reduce causing the ships to sink in the area.

The Hexagon Cloud Theory

Another set of scientists who disagree with the Methane Gas Theory, believe that there exists Hexagon Shaped Clouds since the Satellite Photos taken above the Bermuda Triangle proves that. These Hexagon Clouds can create high pressures in the clouds which in turn destroys the flights passing through them. Such Air Pressures over the days can cause huge winds and waves which may destroy the ship.

I have just given a basic understanding of what were the Myths and Science which surrounds the Bermuda Triangle. I firmly believe these Ancient Theories doesn't make much sense, but the Methane Gas and formation of Hexagonal Clouds could make sense actually.
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 5629

Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 02:45:34 PM

There are various theories about what is happening in that area, and last year some British scientists have presented their theory about rogue waves high up to 30 meters. This could explain some of the ship's disappearance, but what is about with missing planes? Well, that covered the theory which blame methane gas under sea floor which can erupt and when it happens water density is changed, ship is become too havy and sink, and planes get burn by fire from those eruption.

One of the most intriguing cases of disappearance is Flight 19 on December 5 1945. Five US military bombers disappeared in that area, all in same time. Nothing has ever been found until today, and there are so many of such cases.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 11:22:11 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Interesting topic for discussion. This myth about Bermuda Triangle is very old. Most of these accidents happened long time ago. Some ships and airplanes  has been lost without any traces. But in past all technologies weren't advanced as these days, so it's not surprising that wreckage of ships/airplanes weren't found.
There is long list of lost aircrafts:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missing_aircraft
You can count how many of them were lost in Bermuda Triangle and you will see that this place isn't that special, because planes are getting lost in all corners of world. For example - Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, it's one of mysterious stories about airplane lost without any traces.
You said that traffic in Bermuda Triangle is very active, but there was only 3 big accidents in 21st century. Considering that there are thousands of flights each year throug this area, it's not big numbers. There are simply no reasons to avoid this area. It's much bigger chance to die in car accident than in flight through Bermuda Triangle.
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 03:45:58 PM

Bermuda Triangle: what happened to Flight 19? - BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfsQBeXWktU

BBC shouldn't have made this one with suspense-filled background music, LOL.

What do you guys think of this theory?

The most recent scientific theory on the infamous Triangle suggests that the freakish disappearance of ships and aircraft could be the result of large deposits of methane gas spewing up from the ocean floor. Huge eruptions of methane bubbles may push water away from a ship, causing it to sink. If the highly flammable methane then rises into the air, it could ignite in an airplane's engine -- causing it to explode and disappear.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 10:39:38 PM

What do you guys think of this theory?

The most recent scientific theory on the infamous Triangle suggests that the freakish disappearance of ships and aircraft could be the result of large deposits of methane gas spewing up from the ocean floor. Huge eruptions of methane bubbles may push water away from a ship, causing it to sink. If the highly flammable methane then rises into the air, it could ignite in an airplane's engine -- causing it to explode and disappear.

I call B.S on this, hundreds of airplanes travel above Bermuda triangle daily,  where did all the methane go?
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 09:55:58 AM
Merited by Raja_MBZ (1)

I call B.S on this, hundreds of airplanes travel above Bermuda triangle daily,  where did all the methane go?
So, you don't beleive on such theories and call everything as BS? Eventhough I am not a fan of myths and histories, I have a strong beleif in Science and their convincing theories as such.

As per the studies undergone, lumps of Methane Gas are entrapped in the ocean floor at a larger rate and they don't get emitted as and when a ship or flight passes by them. When the methane gas in a frozen state gets released while in the process of decomposition, such large emission of Methane Gas to the ocean floor will significantly decrease the density of the water which inturn reduces the buoyancy of the water and makes the ship to sink inside the water. On the other hand, when methane gas is emitted in a larger rate, considering they are a highly combustible medium will make the flights travelling through them catch fire.

Based on your facts, do the volcanos get erupted quite often when they like? There is a certain timeframe for everything to take place, and probably during such conditions if the flight or ship passes throught the triangle they might be hit by them. Some people still believe in there exist a Parallel Universe similar to us, if some contradict the statement then such assumptions are completely based on their point of view. Similarly, some people believe in Science and the other group say they are made up stories by stupid people... Either way, it's upto the people to believe in these or trash them simply stating those are made up stories.
cruet criet

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 03:40:17 AM

For those who don't know about the Bermuda Triangle:

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle or Hurricane Alley, is a loosely-defined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean, where a number of aircraft and ships are said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

It sounds scary - even if it's just a part of ancient stories. Recently, two of my relatives had a flight from Orlando, but after checking the route of the flight, they literally canceled it and got a refund for it. Why did they do it? Because of the "Bermuda Triangle". It seems like it still makes people afraid of passing through it.

However, interestingly, there's a lot of active air traffic 24/7 through this triangle:

https://www.flightradar24.com/25.19,-72.38/5

If passengers are still (to a little extent) afraid of it, why aren't the pilots/airlines? How can they just ignore all of this and travel through such a scary place?

Bermuda triangle is an ancient myth that has been clarified as the most dangerous place on the face of the earth, according to the source, which has been reported in many directions and also the missing ships in the Bermuda triangle, many fear that it will go through a very haunted place like things there are planes and ships, some say the Bermuda triangle is a myth and do not need to believe, as there are pilots who do not go through that place and there are also those who have passed the Bermuda Triangle, in my opinion if the pilot / airline is there, he does not think believe about that
Cryptotina

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 06:56:14 PM

So many reasons... Some may believe its true, but wish to be hardcore/tough and possibly survive it and become popular. And some, they might have no choice... I mean, some bosses are bossy and won't take no for an answer. While others, believe it to be not real and childish. Who knows 🤷‍♂️
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 01:35:26 PM

https://www.flightradar24.com/33.59,-66.48/5
https://www.vesselfinder.com
as you can see it a very active area so I think its just a normal accidents
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 04:10:22 AM

It's because no one has proven them that the bermuda triangle is real. It's just known to be a myth until now. It's an ancient theory that isn't existing. Pilots are into science so this kind of myth doesn't scare them. Even different airlines don't believe it because if they do, I'm sure that they won't allow any flights to pass through that area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: