Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:29:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You better invest in Bitcoin now not later and here's why (bullish signs)  (Read 624 times)
Lambolife (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 06:05:49 PM

I recommend you watch this in video so its easier to understand https://youtu.be/1wgjf8m8gCY

Otherwise you can read the transcript in this thread

Before we begin I just want it to be clear that I am not financial adviser and everything I say from here on out is not financial advice. You alone are responsible for your actions. I’m merely here to speak my mind.

I started this channel because I believed that I could be influential in spreading awareness of the power of cryptocurrencies, so here I am.

My argument is people should invest in crypto now not later. The obvious reason is because prices are low today and we should buy low and sell high.

But a lot of people also think that the price indicates the status of the crypto space, but that’s not the case. The market price is a reflection of the market, not the technology.

For example, in the last bullrun we had Bitcoin at 19 thousand dollars. Was Bitcoin better then that in it is now? when it is less than 4 thousand? Of course not! Bitcoin is so much better now, but like I said, the market price is not an indication of the real value of infrastructure, the tech, the platform. From my point of view the collective consciousness of the market is somewhat rational but mostly delusional.

It is my goal to help clear out that delusion in my own small way. So whether you are new to crypto or been here for a while, and pondering if you should invest now or later, choose now. If you ever wanna invest at some point, whenever that is, I’d say its best you start investing now. Maybe dollar cost average it. If you don’t know what that means look it up.

So a lot has happened last year and most would agree that that was the worst bear market and market crash to date and we’re still not past it. Even now, the bear market is lingering… but don’t let that fool you.

Just as people were duped in December 2017 that the bullmarket would last forever, everybody was screaming lambos on the moon, we could get duped this year too, thinking the bear market is here to stay. Some people are thinking this crypto winter, as we call it, would last for another 3 years, and although I don’t rule out that possibility, it is highly unlikely and here’s why.
First off, Bitcoin’s scaling solution, the lightning network, has seen unprecedented growth since its mainnet launch in January last year. The network capacity is now past $3million dollars with more than 7 thousand nodes and 33 thousand channels worldwide.. and counting.. and counting.

Now this is important because the last time we had a bullrun it was a disaster! It didn’t last very long and it crashed miserably afterwards. Now there’s a lot of reasons why it happened the way it did but in my point of view and in my experience, since I was already active in online communities that time, the main reason why a lot of people left the space and moved on, consequentially causing the crash of the market, was because Bitcoin was not good enough.

Bitcoin was old and slow they said. Everybody expected Bitcoin to deliver but it failed bigtime. Transactoins became too slow lasting many hours or some even days I’m not sure because I wasn’t dumb enough to use Bitcoin for payments in those days. Imagine, the fees reaching $50 dollars per transaction. Who would want to pay that?

At that time, Bitcoin just wasn’t ready for that many users. There were a lot of newcomers getting into crypto, causing network overload, yet the lightning network wasn’t even live yet nor did the people consider that it was already being heavily developed.

But now we have a scaling solution that is live. The lightning network is still buggy but it works already, as proven by the lightning trustchain which as of now is 3.84 million sats and hasn’t broke due to systemic failure yet.

This makes me confident that we won’t have the same problems we’ve had before, or atleast not as grave that people will leave the space and cause a crash.

And if people are happy about Bitcoin and lightning, other cryptocurrencies will have a positive effect on their price as well. We’ve seen this happen many times and it is unlikely it won’t happen the same way this time around. Especially that the cryptocurrency projects that are still alive and kicking today, have more substance and value than the heaps of garbage that floated around back in 2017.

On the institutional side, Fidelity Investments is moving fast into crypto.

As most of you know Fidelity is one of the largest asset managers with 2.46 trillion dollars in assets under their belt. They also took part in the lightning trustchain and created a subsidiary dedicated to digital assets last year.

Furthermore, Fidelity recently launched its Bitcoin custody services allowing the richest people of the world easy access to Bitcoin. Family offices, pensions, hedge funds, you name it, the crypto world will be a part of the institutional game now.
Now I know this seems a bit counterintuitive considering our collective ideologies are anti-Wall Street or anti-system, which makes Fidelity sort of like an abomination. I’m not saying this is a good thing I’m just telling you how it is. But regardless of how evil or not so evil this is, we can’t deny that a huge company will likely have a positive effect in making the prices of any asset going up. Historically this is consistent. When Bitcoin futures were launched in 2017, it helped spark the bullrun. With Fidelity around, the bear market may be starting to dissolve.

Then of course there’s a lot of hype going on. From popular celebrities and youtube personalities, to titans of industries. Mainstream media and the internet is now talking about cryptocurrencies a lot. Joe Rogan couldn’t shut up about Bitcoin. I’m not gonna go deeper into that.

Many countries around the world are also welcoming cryptocurrencies. Here in Philippines one of our most prestigious bank is now going crypto and our government is working on proper regulatory framework. So is Russia and many other countries.
All of this collectively, in my opinion, gives us a hint that we are nearing our big break. I could be wrong about this and the bear market could still continue until next year. But given the circumstances, with all the hype going on and the capacity of the Bitcoin/lightning network growing exponentially, its hard not to be optimistic.

If I had more money I’d keep buying today to be honest.

Full disclosure most of my crypto funds have been used. I had no choice, I do youtube fulltime so I had to do it to put food on the table. But I’m happy if the bullrun starts as soon as possible because I know a lot of you are invested in this and I want you guys to make some money too. You took risks, you believed in this when no one else would, you may have been greedy too, but you deserve this much. You deserve a bullrun guys.

That’s all I have for today. Thank you so much for all the support I get. I appreciate every subscriber I have and I promise to keep my integrity even when this channel blows up. Love you guys.

I’ll see you on the flipside!
HODL2090

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 06:32:56 PM

But a lot of people also think that the price indicates the status of the crypto space, but that’s not the case. The market price is a reflection of the market, not the technology.

Demand and supply are the two major determinants of the market price. The price is not a reflection of the technology, but public sentiments towards is at that time. During a bull run, most investors are optimistic, creating FOMO. During a bearish trend, negativity sets in.
The argument is that eventually, the technology would be wide spread and evident, and bitcoin would achieve it's 'potential' value, and I am in support of that.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 06:40:27 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

I think you should stop using the word "invest", and state that it is speculation. Investing in crypto is the purchase of domain names and site building, or the starting of crypto projects. Just buying coins is speculation.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Ispep

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

The future of security tokens

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:26:25 PM

I think you should stop using the word "invest", and state that it is speculation. Investing in crypto is the purchase of domain names and site building, or the starting of crypto projects. Just buying coins is speculation.
I think it'll take forever for people to come to terms with the difference, now once you buy a coin either for active trading or hodling, you're regarded as an investor.
My argument is people should invest in crypto now not later. The obvious reason is because prices are low today and we should buy low and sell high.

Obviously this seems like the perfect time to buy coins and hodl them, but it's not so encouraging to do with all the price movements, mostly downwards.The bitcoin needs to show positive signs in the coming months, or else this phrase would sooner or later lose value
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18565

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:32:18 PM

-snip-
This is one of my pet peeves in crypto, especially in relation to altcoins and ICOs. I would argue that you can't "invest" in most ICOs - they have no product, they have no real world use, most of them don't even have a roadmap/whitepaper or a real team. They are just some useless token which was created in an hour. You can't "invest" in them any more than you can "invest" in me writing IOUs on scraps of paper and handing them out to people I meet. You can speculate on them, sure, as you can speculate on anything you like, but you are almost certain to lose your money.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:34:29 PM

The time to buy is obvious.
But your topic fits well in these boards;

- Speculation
- Trading Discussion

This board is majorly for helping beginners

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:25:29 AM

TL:DR, so it was just a click bait? Tongue (might read the OP if I have some time, but as looking within your feedback it seems that I can't get any valid reasoning or any detailed infos here about investments. (You sure do have a lot of time to read JC)

Not a click bait, obviously.

While I don't think it's necessary for this but really I appreciated the effort for constructing this.
Basically, some people are being weird and ironic when it comes in buying, when bitcoin was on $10k they say that they're waiting to buy in dump price and now that it's around $3500, people became pessimistic in buying. When a thing is in skyrocket everyone wants it but when it is not, it's being neglected.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:34:03 AM

It is nice to know that you have submitted that you are not a financial adviser and the decision taken as a result of your advise is to the peril of the person who takes it. Hence, how are we sure that a coin bought now that is speculated as a nice time to buy won't go down more because the market is yet to show a good sign for a bull run.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:48:45 AM

Just as people were duped in December 2017 that the bullmarket would last forever, everybody was screaming lambos on the moon, we could get duped this year too, thinking the bear market is here to stay.

this is a key point I don't know why some people get stuck in certain trends and want them to last long! we have already had over a year of drops with months of stable accumulation. but still some people think price should continue declining and reach ridiculously lower prices like $1000 again!!!!

Now this is important because the last time we had a bullrun it was a disaster! It didn’t last very long and it crashed miserably afterwards.
you are confusing "bull run" with the ending "bubble". they are different.
the "bull run" in a way started in 2014ish and lasted about 3 years. but technically you can call the 2017 the bulk of that bull run since the biggest rises occurred in that year.
the "bubble" on the other had was the final step which only took less than 1 month where price went from $9000ish to $20000 and that was the bubble which caused the bubble burst and the corresponding bear market that has lasted this long.

Only Bitcoin
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 11:51:37 AM

I believed that I could be influential in spreading awareness of the power of cryptocurrencies, so here I am.

Yes there is power in cryptocurrency to either create wealth but we should be mindful of throwing all we have into it. Again, we should do a proper research to ensure that we invest into a useful coins so that we don't just put our money into already burning fire.
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 12:12:55 PM

Demand and supply are the two major determinants of the market price. The price is not a reflection of the technology, but public sentiments towards is at that time. During a bull run, most investors are optimistic, creating FOMO. During a bearish trend, negativity sets in.
The argument is that eventually, the technology would be wide spread and evident, and bitcoin would achieve it's 'potential' value, and I am in support of that.

well, yes, price is a reflection of people's sentiments.
anyway if we all are for the technology here - then we must hodl.

but if we speak frankly - we need profits from this technology. and the only way to make it real is trading.

and we can benefit from trading almost all the time.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 01:16:25 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2019, 11:42:23 AM by Beerwizzard
Merited by xvids (1)

So if I follow your logic then I can say that people that are buying stocks in order to hold it for several years are not investors but speculators. Which imho is not correct.
Under speculations, people usually understand gaining profit from price fluctuations on a smaller period while investing is gaining profits on longer terms. So hodling BTC can be called investing and if you are going to sell your BTC stock in a few days (or within a day) after purchase that will be speculations.
Lambolife (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 04:48:29 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:01:27 PM

Without any signs of a bull run we could not make any conclusion in this field because if we predict the future was being good if it was not possible our work and investment will be totally waste so my opinion is after a good sign of a bull run we can make the decision properly.

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1136

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:15:57 PM

Just as people were duped in December 2017 that the bullmarket would last forever, everybody was screaming lambos on the moon, we could get duped this year too, thinking the bear market is here to stay.

this is a key point I don't know why some people get stuck in certain trends and want them to last long! we have already had over a year of drops with months of stable accumulation. but still some people think price should continue declining and reach ridiculously lower prices like $1000 again!!!!

Dont know with those kind of hopes but most of us are actually tired with this waiting game.Im not saying i dont like for the price to be corrected and stagnant on this way but
going back to the path we came from is somehow hassle.We are holding on this price point which on the situation where we are just waiting for some news that would be a good catalyst
for price increase.

BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 10:09:42 PM

How I wish I have some sMerit I would have give you some for this explanation which doesn't appear to me that way for useally referred Bitcoin investment instead of buying a coins. And was the reason in most cases we do refer to Bitcoin as an investment opportunity instead of taking it as a coins.
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 10:23:10 PM

It is nice to know that you have submitted that you are not a financial adviser and the decision taken as a result of your advise is to the peril of the person who takes it. Hence, how are we sure that a coin bought now that is speculated as a nice time to buy won't go down more because the market is yet to show a good sign for a bull run.
My thoughts also, it can swing both ways. I am a bitcoin lover and do wish to see it hit the moon but I still cannot shake off the thoughts that we  have seen the worst  especially as it relates to price manipulations. Previous failed rallies have shown that it takes far less than the projected cash to sway the markets. If we are going to have some institutional funding soon,nothing stops them from playing a last and final one on the market if truly we are entering a bullish market.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:29:39 PM

How I wish I have some sMerit I would have give you some for this explanation which doesn't appear to me that way for useally referred Bitcoin investment instead of buying a coins. And was the reason in most cases we do refer to Bitcoin as an investment opportunity instead of taking it as a coins.

That is where most buyers failed to see. They thought this is really an "investment of a lifetime". And all these price predictions are just mere speculations. Better trust yourself and just follow your instincts.
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1354

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 04:47:57 PM

You are not alone with that argument. We have heard this so many times before in this community, but sadly others are here for short term or just try to earn a quick money and run. But for those long term speculators like the majority of us, most of them are really taking advantage of this situation and buying in every dip. Of course this is not a investment of a lifetime, there are risk and you should know how to make profits as well specially pushing the sell button when it is at it's peak. It's a win-win situation so I really don't know why everyone is not taking the 'risk', so to speak.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 06:54:37 PM

So if I follow your logic then I can say that people that are buying stocks in order to hold it for several years are bot investors but speculators. Which imho is not correct.
Under speculations, people usually understand gaining profit from price fluctuations on a smaller period while investing is gaining profits on longer terms. So hodling BTC can be called investing and if you are going to sell your BTC stock in a few days (or within a day) after purchase that will be speculations.

Totally agree, definition of investment put (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.
It doesn't say anything about time of your investment,
It wouldn't matter if it is just an hour or day compare to the long term holders both of them put up a money and invested in crypto so both of them are crypto investors.
And for the OP I think you are right we should invest now before it's too late.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: