Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin be worthless?  (Read 2764 times)
MTNAX

Activity: 283
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 02:33:28 PM

In my opinion there is nothing that is impossible in this world including bitcoin, if there are new coins that are better automatically automatically, bitcoin will be eliminated because people will certainly be more interested in new coins. But for now there are still many people who survive even though the price of bitcoin is still down.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 02:46:42 PM

if in my opinion it can and at any time while bitcoin still has its users and buyers, the bitcoin will not be able to lose its value but if the user is not there is a possibility that bitcoin can lose its value

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:40:34 PM

In the world we are living into, we all know and aware how hard to strive in. We cannot guarantee anything for sure because there is nothing that we kept in our hands. Everything can be change. But why say that Bitcoin can be worthless. For what I can see, Bitcoin will keep on running even how hard it is to be in the current crypto market. A lots of possibilities may still come up to this community where the King of all the currency still runs it.
For Bitcoin, it is not worthless and I know for sure, that you guys know how valuable and how Bitcoin change a lots of lives and keeps helping a lots of people up until now.
Bitcoin has really made life much more easier for many  that i still can’t begin to imagine how a coin like this can ever be worthless, talking about a coin that has really brought about lesser risk to merchants, merchants have now successfully been able to run business where there are records of high fraud and crime rate with Bitcoin because of its public ledger, also known as blockchain with this and I am very sure this merchants will never go against the use of Bitcoin, and as long as the continuous usage, it can never be worthless.
baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:58:08 PM

Bitcoiin is only 10 years old, it is still young and fresh, it still long way to go. I think the peak will arrive in the future. There are still large amount people know nothing about bitcoin in the world, one day it will be well know everywhere, just like internet and PC. As long as there are people trade with BTC, bitcoin will not become worthless.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:16:20 PM

In my opinion there is nothing that is impossible in this world including bitcoin, if there are new coins that are better automatically automatically, bitcoin will be eliminated because people will certainly be more interested in new coins.

people always say that bitcoin can make things possible even the impossible but not to the point of beign replaced by other replica's out there  . bitcoin is the original crypto and other's are just copy paster's   . the only difference is thier name but the usage and purpose is still the same as bitcoin  . so what's the purpose of switching on them ?  other's can come and go but bitcoin is known to stay and last a lifetime  .  overall , id say that bitcoin cannot be totally worthless  .

RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:27:37 PM

of course it can be while bitcoin doesn't have more interested people who don't want to use it anymore, so soon bitcoin can lose its value. and for later years bitcoin will definitely rise again in price so that many people will use bitcoin again for investment and trade

bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:49:39 PM

That's possible, but no one will know when that happened because lately a lot of new coins have potential, but as long as bitcoin has value and as long as there are still many who use it and especially bitcoin investors it remains valuable.
because bitcoin really helps the economy of its users and can change its life for the better, and I hope that bitcoin remains valuable and remains the leader of all coins.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:29:11 PM

Currency failure generally occurs due to the type of hyperinflation, and there is always the potential for technical failure, currency competition, political issues and so on. As the main basic rule, there is no currency that can be considered very safe from failure and difficult times. so is it possible that bitcoin can become worthless?
This possibility can occur if no one uses bitcoin for trade, investment or used as a currency to carry out various transactions. In my opinion, bitcoin will not experience inflation because bitcoin is not a currency but the only bitcoin is often used to carry out various transactions so people often refer to bitcoin as a digital currency. Whereas bitcoin is not a currency but bitcoin is a digital asset.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 09:01:34 PM

Bitcoin cannot be worthless unless hacked and destroyed completely.

Lack of demand and nobody holding Bitcoin would likely make it worthless. The latter cannot be possible due to the number of lost Bitcoin today and the number of  long-term holders like satoshi
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 09:52:07 PM

if in my opinion it can and at any time while bitcoin still has its users and buyers, the bitcoin will not be able to lose its value but if the user is not there is a possibility that bitcoin can lose its value
It can lose it's value but it won't be worthless.

Losing value is different from being worthless.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:15:38 PM

I think Bitcoin can be worthless, but in modern times humans continue to make changes in any way, for example, with the presence of Bitcoin it can make changes in the economic aspects of the world community that uses it.
At first bitcoin has value because of the public trust by using bitcoin transactions and growing until now. "Trust" if it is not already owned, it is quite possible that bitcoin will experience a price decline which also has the potential to have no return value
No I am not agree with you because I have seen bitcoin growing since long and I can say it is improving day by day, it is gaining potential and more people are now trusting it, it is making our life good, it has good potential to take us out from financial crises and from other problems, so for me bitcoin is not possible to become worthless ever.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 05:31:13 AM

Currency failure generally occurs due to the type of hyperinflation, and there is always the potential for technical failure, currency competition, political issues and so on. As the main basic rule, there is no currency that can be considered very safe from failure and difficult times. so is it possible that bitcoin can become worthless?
all possibilities can occur without anyone knowing for sure but I am sure the crypto currency will be the currency that develops and becomes the currency needed for its development

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Rickeo

Activity: 99
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 05:37:09 AM

I think it's VERY unlikely but anyone expressing complete certainty or faith on either outcome whether it will or won't be valueless is naive.

There may come a time when Bitcoin is dethrones and something far superior comes along in the future.

Back in the early days of the internet people couldn't imagine MySpace ever being dethroned but it happened.

I think it's very unlikely personally as I feel there will always be people using the infrastructure.

Coins like DOGE have failed to disappear and still have users even though it's mostly seen as a novelty coin with limited uses.

Nothing is impossible but if I had to hazard a guess I think Bitcoin will always have value and at this point with the amount of people invested into it as a store or value, I personally can't see a future where Bitcoin is ever worth an insignificant sum of money, but like I said, never say never and don't go all in on something because no matter how strongly you believe in something or hold faith in something, crazier things have happened! 
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 06:37:16 AM

all possibilities can occur without anyone knowing for sure but I am sure the crypto currency will be the currency that develops and becomes the currency needed for its development
any development can happen, even when bitcoin becomes worthless. however, looking at the opportunities and developments that exist today, I feel that this will continue to grow for the better. maybe there will be many opportunities that cannot be missed in the future.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 06:42:18 AM

Yes it's possible for bitcoin to become worthless, if someday the bitcoin price dropped to under $10, i'm sure people will stop using bitcoin anymore. Many people will leave and it makes the bitcoin price more low and low, soon the bitcoin will be worthless. I hope these things will never happen though.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 07:05:24 AM

Yes it's possible for bitcoin to become worthless, if someday the bitcoin price dropped to under $10, i'm sure people will stop using bitcoin anymore. Many people will leave and it makes the bitcoin price more low and low, soon the bitcoin will be worthless. I hope these things will never happen though.
I think what you imagine will not happen, we see the world of technology is always developing and providing human needs in a practical way. of course with the presence of bitcoin a new discourse for the transaction world later. and I think the pros and cons at the beginning of the process are common

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 07:48:20 AM

I bring back the question to you, is it possible that bitcoin wont be used by an individual? As long as there are lots of people who will be use bitcoin and other crpyto product it wont be worthless.

It really depends on whether there is a bitcoin killer out there.

At present bitcoin doesn't have any proper rivals. But if you look at how MySpace was riding high and then got taken out by Facebook, it is entirely possible that a genuinely useful coin might displace bitcoin.
I think not only competitors will make bitcoin disappear but also other conditions such as restrictions and regulations that make many users reluctant to use bitcoin. for now there is no rivals that can make bitcoin worthless. precisely bitcoin become a great competitor for digital currencies such as paypal, credit cards and so on..
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 08:10:39 AM

I think what you imagine will not happen, we see the world of technology is always developing and providing human needs in a practical way. of course with the presence of bitcoin a new discourse for the transaction world later. and I think the pros and cons at the beginning of the process are common
If bitcoin will be worthless, this experiment will become a failure.
As an bitcoin or crypto enthusiast, I don't want to see that happening, we are here for the same reason, which is to invest on its future.
So, if this fails, we also fail and we just wasted our time and effort promoting crypto to help the adoption.
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:36:14 AM

Yes it's possible for bitcoin to become worthless, if someday the bitcoin price dropped to under $10, i'm sure people will stop using bitcoin anymore.
Are you sure about that? bitcoin still has value if it ever goes down to $10.

And you know what? people will not stop using it because the demand will rise and its going to be an opportunity for everyone to avail cheaper bitcoins.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Romanianz

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:44:41 AM

Yes it's possible for bitcoin to become worthless, if someday the bitcoin price dropped to under $10, i'm sure people will stop using bitcoin anymore.
Are you sure about that? bitcoin still has value if it ever goes down to $10.

And you know what? people will not stop using it because the demand will rise and its going to be an opportunity for everyone to avail cheaper bitcoins.
I think in terms of demand and total supply in Bitcoin it will indeed have a very strong influence on the price of bitcoin, just imagine if Bitcoin is not mining anymore and it is very difficult to get bitcoin then the price will be very expensive and of course the price bitcoin won't be able to return to the price of $ 10 again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: