Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:09:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Celsius.network business model's sustainability  (Read 104 times)
SiverSurfer (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 05:16:06 PM

Hi,

I am curious about Celsius.network's lending platform.

While I think founders won't exit scam as he is reputable in the startup circle based on enough sources, what I am really unsure is how they can do a ~7% annualized interest. There is no proof that they have the funds, and also why would a borrower give them fiat to borrow bitcoin and also have the need to top up when bitcoin prices go up to make sure that is is fully or even over collaterised.

Can someone smart explained? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 06:05:11 PM

Hi,

While I think founders won't exit scam as he is reputable in the startup circle based on enough sources, what I am really unsure is how they can do a ~7% annualized interest. There is no proof that they have the funds, and also why would a borrower give them fiat to borrow bitcoin and also have the need to top up when bitcoin prices go up to make sure that is is fully or even over collaterised.

Why would anyone in his right sense fall for this ludicrous offer, I can trade and make more than 10% profit in a year, even if I am a paasive trader, another thing is that this people are likely going to be the ones shorting BTC because they would want to buy back at low pricee to pay back the loan. Please Look Before You Jump Here

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
SiverSurfer (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 01:36:05 AM

Hi,

Why would anyone in his right sense fall for this ludicrous offer, I can trade and make more than 10% profit in a year, even if I am a paasive trader, another thing is that this people are likely going to be the ones shorting BTC because they would want to buy back at low pricee to pay back the loan. Please Look Before You Jump Here

Thanks but that's not the point.

Is about asking how they can offer 7% aka the business model, and whether it's sustainable.

But to answer you, an institution with 100K bitcoins might want to have 10% allocation into passive storage, so they are the ones that might consider a collatorized storage faciity like celcius.network, an individual with 10 bitcoins might also act like an instutition though less motivated as he can just trade his 10 BTCs. I am not saying celsius makes sense, in fact this post is to challenge their legitimacy.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 06:40:32 PM

I don't really know much about the project but all I can tell you is to be very careful before investing into any project so that you don't lose your money where you can just avoid it.

You have to make a thorough research about the project before thinking of making investment or even collecting loan, if it's a working project, then the best thing is for to check other users review about the project and I am very sure you will know if it's legit or if it's just a scam project that won't to lay hold of people's money and disappear into the thin air.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: