Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Block Halving count down  (Read 593 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:22:47 PM

Hi guys, this is my first time hearing about this bitcoin block halving thing. So from this, what do you guys can infere from this halving thing? Does that mean that a bullish market could come if the supply gets halved? What are the advantages and disadvantages and of this occurrence and who controls this?

The supply is not halved. The advantage is that Bitcoin's inflation rate is halved. The disadvantage is that Bitcoin's security against a 51% attack is reduced. Nobody controls the halvings as they occur automatically every 210,000 blocks.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 07:14:30 PM

365 days from now, we will see another bitcoin block halving. Everyone touted this event as the pre-cursor to the next massive bull run, new all-time-high to be set. What are your plans?

haha my plans have never changed with things like halving, ATH, ATL, bubble pops, under price levels,... the plan has always been to dump my extra money lying around to increase the amount of bitcoin that I own slowly while taking small risks and I will continue doing that.

What ATH are you seeing? As far as I can remember it took four to five months before the price started to move and goes on a parabolic rise till the end of 2017.
the price rise in 2017 was only part of the halving related price rise though. the real rise started in early 2016 before the actual halving and then stopped and the bubble of that time popped during the halving causing a short bear market and then the rise began slowly reaching to a new high before 2017 even began and then the momentum kept growing.

the new ATH I see is somewhere close to $100k this time.

Thank you. I thought I'm the only one who can see the price going at 6 digit figures.  Grin. I guess we can also say that the halving will just be the beginning of bigger things to come in the next coming months and years. So let's hope that a similar pattern could be seen 2016-2017 to 2020-2021, but with much bigger all-time-high.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████