Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quant Network $QNT (Overledger) - Internet-scale Interoperability Protocol  (Read 1856 times)
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 12:11:29 PM

I see Cosmos was launched today. How does that Quant compete with that?

Comparison of Overledger to other interoperability projects.
Thanks for this. Was looking for a comparison of current interoperability project and I must confess, was afraid this will turn into another shilling chart ticking off what made this product so awesome compared to the others. This is one of the most objective comparison table I've seen
bcypher

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 03:06:51 PM

Excellent. The fact that Overledger is not adding an additional chain unlike those competitors to connect these is a massive plus which reduces the overhead
bcypher

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:20:38 PM

Their GoVerify MApp seems to be solving a very common problem faced by every organization in the world. Did anyone approach Quant Network for using GoVerify?

Can someone shed some light on it?
Luke.xd (OP)

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:11:43 AM

I see Cosmos was launched today. How does that Quant compete with that?

There is a great comparison in the Quant Whitepaper. Compares each aspect of Interoperability/performance and covers all the current Crypto Interop. Projects. I recommend checking that out.

Cosmos is receiving a lot of hype and getting fired up after their massive launch. In reality, their Interop. solution isn't out of testing yet.

They have a similar inter-chain/zone hub solution, as do a lot of other Interoperability projects. These middleman Blockchains make integration and overhead complexity much more of an issue.

This article here, written by the Quant team helps to outline some of the fundamental differences: https://medium.com/@gverdian/how-overledger-differs-from-interoperability-blockchains-97fff3094ff8

A Telegram member (Seq) recently had a discussion about Cosmos in the Quant Telegram. I will quote his explanations. Insightful.

"Cosmos are a long way away from getting any interoperability, all thats been released as main net is the cosmos hub and staking, you can't connect any zones to it as their interoperability protocol IBC is still in research / prototype phase. One of the main differences between cosmos and polkadot is that cosmos wants every App to have their own blockchain, which stores the state of the app and the security is up to the App. So they have to get a load of people to deploy nodes for every single app made. Whereas Polkadot uses shared security from the hub validators and uses a small randomly selected validators of the token hub. The problem for Cosmos imo is that how secure all these chains going to be? Just look at the amount of useless coins there are now and your supposed to get 100's of people running nodes for the app. Ultimately its going to result in the hub being very secure and the zones that connect to the hub not being very secure and centralised and easy to take control with POS. Now many think that it won't matter because the hub is what connects them so doesn't matter about the security of the other chains, but thats not the case. The hub doesn't keep track of the state of each of the App blockchains. The hub only keeps track of transfers between blockchains. To prevent double spending (swapping them in one chain and then swapping the same tokens in another chain etc). The problem is though it means you have to trust the app blockchain to trade with it. As you don't know whether there has been some bug and someone has stolen a load of tokens, or the chain has been compromised before you exchange some of your tokens for theirs. So all its going to result in, is exactly the same as the Internet now, where you don't trust the majority of apps, but the large big vendors with lots of validators like BTC / ETH etc you do trust. And from an investment point of view. The ATOM token is only used for staking for nodes within the Cosmos hub only. There will be many hubs and they will each have their own token (to try and incentivise people to run nodes). The ATOM token is designed to be hyperinflationary so the price falls over time per token as they have a minimum inflation rate of 7% and a maximum of 20%. Meaning that they will keep releasing tokens. They don't want ATOM to be used for trading, they want it to be used for staking. The incentivisation isn't from the price of ATOM increasing but the fact that for each transaction that goes through the hub you receive a % of the transaction fee. The transaction fee can be paid in a variety of currencies - BTC, ETH, Dash and many many more. The other problem that Cosmos and Polkadot have is being able to connect to chains that aren't finite with their consensus, so for chains like BTC aren't compatible at all with Polkadot without btc forking - from the Polkadot FAQ on their website:

Can Polkadot connect any blockchain?
Polkadot can connect any previously existing blockchain if it matches two criteria:

It must have the ability to form compact and fast light-client proofs over the finality and validity of its blocks and state change information (this would include new UTXOs in a Bitcoin-like chain or logs in an Ethereum-like chain).
There must be a means by which a large set of independent authorities (perhaps up to one thousand) can authorise a transaction. This could include recognition of threshold signatures, such as the Schnorr scheme, or a smart contract able to structure logic against a multi-signature condition.
Bitcoin and Bitcoin-like chains fall short on these characteristics. To address the first criteria, Polkadot validators can simply run a full Bitcoin node. To address the second criteria, either a soft-fork allowing extra-protocol controls over funds or a hard-fork enabling a threshold-signature-friendly signing scheme such as Schnorr is needed. Neither are impossible goals, however a significant degree coordination would be required to achieve them.

Both Cosmos and Polkadot use Peg Zones for other chains like ETH which involves adding another blockchain where each of the validators of the pegzone also have to run a ETH node. It then involves signing the transaction and trying to make it compatible witht he other chain. Basically its really difficult to do, they have to have a separate Pegzone for every External chain (like any other blockchain you know of now) adding more overhead, transaction fees, restrictions in being able to connect to certain blockchains."
Luke.xd (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 03:18:09 AM

Their GoVerify MApp seems to be solving a very common problem faced by every organization in the world. Did anyone approach Quant Network for using GoVerify?

Can someone shed some light on it?

GoVerify was a tool being used prior to the implementation of Overledger. The team is now migrating GoVerify onto the Overledger infrastructure. With regards to clients/interest, I will share some quotes from Gilbert in the Telegram.

"We are in discussions with other Government departments exploring Overledger and GoVerify. One of them being HMRC, the UK's Tax Authority."

"Hi All, just to clarify, GoVerify will be migrated to Overledger as a MApp. One of the first clients will be Lloyds who we've presented to 2 weeks ago at their offices. We're waiting to hear back on the next steps and potential client opportunity."

"We're doing a big push to clients to help tackle the source of fraud: GoVerify protects people from impersonation and deception fraud by validating the correspondence received from a trusted organisation is genuine without have to disclose any personal information."

"The team have been working flat out on client work, we're progressing a very large client to potentially use GoVerify covering all of the UK."

"GoVerify has a lot of use cases we're finding from client discussions. It's application is to very the sender of any communication to the receiver. It definitely can be used for the cryptospace!"

kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 04:55:26 PM

I'm a big believer in Quant. Its about to be known by everyone soon. Dyor
bcypher

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 09:15:52 PM

Why is this so under the radar thus far? Top tier CEO and Tech team with so much already achieved and several many clients in the works with unlimited potential. Yet so little liquidity and low marketcap. What's the reason?
Luke.xd (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 09:25:57 PM

Why is this so under the radar thus far? Top tier CEO and Tech team with so much already achieved and several many clients in the works with unlimited potential. Yet so little liquidity and low marketcap. What's the reason?

It is interesting how few people know about the Quant! The holders number is incredibly low in comparison to other projects. I would say a large factor of this is the bear market. People have stopped actively researching or being overprotective. We are still mainly traded on IDEX as well, which may also limit awareness. I expect in the coming months as Quant moves back into the top 100, more people will catch on!
Invasi0n

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 09:34:38 PM

It is interesting how few people know about the Quant! The holders number is incredibly low in comparison to other projects. I would say a large factor of this is the bear market. People have stopped actively researching or being overprotective. We are still mainly traded on IDEX as well, which may also limit awareness. I expect in the coming months as Quant moves back into the top 100, more people will catch on!

I would also like to add to this, the team is very anti-hype in regards to the crypto community. It's mostly the community itself looking forward to various things and speculating that makes things more known.
The team itself is very business oriented and catering to existing businesses/governments/institutions to deploy their technology instead of hyping themselves up with other crypto projects.
bcypher

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 11:13:56 PM

Agree with that. I can see they wanted to get the product out first which they did, but I guess it's time for them to hire a marketing firm to get that bigger reach across the world.
Invasi0n

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:24:29 PM

Agree with that. I can see they wanted to get the product out first which they did, but I guess it's time for them to hire a marketing firm to get that bigger reach across the world.
They have hired a marketing person which is starting the end of this month. According to her description: "She's an award winning FinTech leader who's joining us from HSBC in a leadership position within Quant"
So i'm guessing we'll see some things in that regard soon.
Luke.xd (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 08:40:39 AM

They have hired a marketing person which is starting the end of this month. According to her description: "She's an award winning FinTech leader who's joining us from HSBC in a leadership position within Quant"
So i'm guessing we'll see some things in that regard soon.

Appreciate the responses! However, just to clarify. We are expecting two large new hires end of March.
- A new Head of Marketing and Communications, however she is from the UK Property company, Rightmove.
- The Award winning FinTech leader from HSBC will be filling a "leadership position in Quant".
Luke.xd (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:39:52 PM

Hey guys!

A community member has started to write a series of articles that help explain Overledger and how it fits in with DLT!

Part 1: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-one-blockchain-fundamentals-db7fdb43058a
Part 2: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-two-the-layers-of-overledger-ea23a7148af1?sk=93aa8840bb6b6d6c9bde6c0036d85535

It will be a 10 part series, so I will update it when I can! Thank you Seq!
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:57:34 PM

I would also like to add to this, the team is very anti-hype in regards to the crypto community. It's mostly the community itself looking forward to various things and speculating that makes things more known.
The team itself is very business oriented and catering to existing businesses/governments/institutions to deploy their technology instead of hyping themselves up with other crypto projects.

In the long run, the actual platform matters.
Hyping up are mostly for those empty projects. Their lifespan is usually short.
Deploying their technology is more important to attain its worthiness in the market.
And as you can see from their price chart, they are doing great. Starting from about $0.24 and now it's worth more than $3.
Very few coins or tokens can achieve this price range as most of them is in the declining stage.
bcypher

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:08:54 AM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Deploying their technology is more important to attain its worthiness in the market.
And as you can see from their price chart, they are doing great. Starting from about $0.24 and now it's worth more than $3.
Very few coins or tokens can achieve this price range as most of them is in the declining stage.

Exactly. Can't agree more. One other thing I'm most impressed about is.. the communication. The CEO connects with the community every 2 weeks with an AMA session, it's almost like he chooses to get himself interrogated with all the tech/non-tech questions by investors. Got to know that he's been doing it every 2 weeks since almost a year. How many other CEO's would dare to get interrogated like this? That shows the confidence in their tech.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:20:48 AM

Hey guys!

A community member has started to write a series of articles that help explain Overledger and how it fits in with DLT!

Part 1: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-one-blockchain-fundamentals-db7fdb43058a
Part 2: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-two-the-layers-of-overledger-ea23a7148af1?sk=93aa8840bb6b6d6c9bde6c0036d85535

It will be a 10 part series, so I will update it when I can! Thank you Seq!

Thank you, great read!
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:31:19 AM

(...snip)

(...snip)

Exactly. Can't agree more. One other thing I'm most impressed about is.. the communication. The CEO connects with the community every 2 weeks with an AMA session, it's almost like he chooses to get himself interrogated with all the tech/non-tech questions by investors. Got to know that he's been doing it every 2 weeks since almost a year. How many other CEO's would dare to get interrogated like this? That shows the confidence in their tech.

Very true, and even more important: They keep on delivering. I've found a lot of good (and even more bad) projects over the past years in this space, but even the best ones often had to struggle - a lot of delays and setbacks and so on. Quant is different until now, only moving forward without obvious problems while it seems obvious that they have much more in the pipeline than is publicly known until now.

Btw, I'm surprised that it's still that unknown. A good indicator is the Blockchain itself:

Only 2,597 addresses
https://etherscan.io/token/0x4a220e6096b25eadb88358cb44068a3248254675

Luke.xd (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:11:49 PM

Hey guys, some exciting things to share!

Yesterday the team joined the Hyperledger Foundation!
https://twitter.com/Hyperledger/status/1110874108248547329

Today, the Hyperledger team were in the Quant offices to discuss how Overledger could assist their Quilt work!
For those of you who don't know, Quilt is the Hyperledger "interoperability" project, however, it has been quiet for a while and didn't make much progress.
Interesting to see one of the largest Enterprise Blockchain ecosystems coming to Quant for assistance...
https://twitter.com/quant_network/status/1111239064022331392

In before Overledger becomes the standard Hyperledger Interop solution Wink
Luke.xd (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 12:10:15 AM

Hey all again!

Quant revealed a new product: Quant Atlas. (Open Banking)

https://www.quant.network/blog/quant-atlas-interoperable-banking-through-cross-border-open-banking/

Another exciting update! Managing Director of Rockefeller Capital joining Quant's Board of Directors! Helping them to expand into the US.

https://www.quant.network/blog/guy-dietrich-managing-director-of-rockefeller-capital-joins-quant-networks-board-of-directors/
Luke.xd (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 08:21:32 AM

"Announced today at BlockchainExpo. Our CTO, Colin Paterson has been elected the Chair of @Hyperledger Quilt to help create an interoperability stack. We’re integrating Overledger’s API and SDK into Quilt to support multi-chain interoperability use cases" - Tweet

Hyperledger is the biggest Enterprise DLT Ecosystem, with half of Forbes 50 Companies using Hyperledger!

So what is Quilt? Quilt is the "Interoperability Stack" within the Hyperledger Ecosystem. However, they were only able to achieve basic atomic swaps. The Quilt team met with the Quant team a few weeks ago.

Now, the CTO of Quant Network - Colin Paterson - has been elected as the Chair of Hyperledger Quilt. The team announced they will be integrating Overledger into the Quilt framework, essentially restructuring Quilt to utilise Overledger.

This will allow any of the current Hyperledger users and future clients to access the new Quilt stack (Overledger) and interconnect their platforms with other DLT; Corda, Quorum etc. This news is freaking huge! Imagine the traffic running through the Overledger system from this accomplishment, essentially cementing themselves as the Interoperability standard for Enterprise...

Oh and? Quant is sitting at 160 on CMC. :') These guys are making real moves - Enterprise "adoption" is here.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: