Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:06:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you want to be rich..!  (Read 3287 times)
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:49:21 AM

Hard work can take you far but being smart can take you anywhere. That is the difference of those two. Hard work can give an opportunity for us to afford all the things that we need but if you will become smart then you have a bigger advantage because you will see things in a bigger picture and you can easily adjust and implement strategies because you understand the game better than anyone else in your competition.
You need both, there are many persons that are really smart out there that are really lazy and they never achieve anything of consequence because of their inability of working hard towards their goals, if anything if I had to choose which one of the two was better being hard working will win hands down since at least the one that is working hard is making progress towards his goal while the smart person is sitting just thinking and doing absolutely nothing to get to his goal.

Hard work is not enough for a certain person to get rich, you need determination, positive mindset, and good choice of business. Having a job for 8-12 hours a day does not guarantee that you will have a better income and you will get rich, having a business is a good one as you can earn more on it rather than working where you can only earn fix income.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 02:52:32 PM

Hard work can take you far but being smart can take you anywhere. That is the difference of those two. Hard work can give an opportunity for us to afford all the things that we need but if you will become smart then you have a bigger advantage because you will see things in a bigger picture and you can easily adjust and implement strategies because you understand the game better than anyone else in your competition.

From my experience, I would say that both of them are important and it is not right to say that one out of the two is better than the other (here the OP is prioritizing smart investing over hard work). I would rather say that smart thinking acts as a multiplier over the existing hard work. Perhaps it will be better if I could give an example on how this works.

It works like this: first lets classify the individuals on a level from 1 to 10. We have 3 guys. The first one is a lazy guy, with rating of 1, second an ordinary guy with rating of 5 and third a hard working guy with a rating of 9. Now lets once again classify them based on the smartness scale from 1 to 10. The first guy is very smart, with a scale of 9, and the other two are average, with rating of 4. And this is how it works:

Individual A: 1 x 9 = 9 net points
Individual B: 5 x 4 = 20 net points
Individual C: 9 x 4 = 36 net points

Here the maximum points go to someone who is both hard working and smart.
Your approach to calculating success is very interesting.  But in my opinion it is already clear that only hardworking and intelligent people will achieve good results.  But there are exceptions when people, thanks to their work, achieve certain success, although it is very difficult to call them stupid.  And if a person is smart, but the lack of hard work will not give him the opportunity to realize himself, because in most cases, such people are only capable of bad deeds, to cheat and earn with the help of their mind at the expense of others.
Findingnemo (OP)

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 06:07:41 PM

From my experience, I would say that both of them are important and it is not right to say that one out of the two is better than the other (here the OP is prioritizing smart investing over hard work). I would rather say that smart thinking acts as a multiplier over the existing hard work. Perhaps it will be better if I could give an example on how this works.

It works like this: first lets classify the individuals on a level from 1 to 10. We have 3 guys. The first one is a lazy guy, with rating of 1, second an ordinary guy with rating of 5 and third a hard working guy with a rating of 9. Now lets once again classify them based on the smartness scale from 1 to 10. The first guy is very smart, with a scale of 9, and the other two are average, with rating of 4. And this is how it works:

Individual A: 1 x 9 = 9 net points
Individual B: 5 x 4 = 20 net points
Individual C: 9 x 4 = 36 net points

Here the maximum points go to someone who is both hard working and smart.
I like that smartness calculation and it may explained what I intend to say as smart investor but you made miss calculation for first guy who is supposed to get only 4 net points. sorry I missed that 9 for smartest one. Cheesy

And one more lazy is not meant to be less smart and I read an article year before where lazy people will be used for finding solution to something complicated issue because they always go for the easiest possible solution.

Anyway I think its time to lock this thread.Thanks everyone for their replies.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███