Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are not fighting with post-ICO scams?  (Read 987 times)
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 12:56:10 PM

Hello, we are all witnesses of ICO scams. But I am just wondering why people are not fighting against it?
Why people, especially investors are silent. Why they do not try to do as much as possible to get their money back? Calling police, lawyers and so on?
Many ICOs are created by real profiles - so it won´t be hard to arrest them, right?
We cannot do anything but accept the truth. Because there are quite a lot of participants from different countries and scammers can fake their information. We cannot contact foreign law enforcement directly for litigation. it only takes our time more.

laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:00:55 PM

Actually there are many people who want to do a complaint but to whom they themselves are also confused because right now there is still no institution that regulates about ico globally. and maybe only in every country that is still about bitcoin
MonaLeeTracy

Activity: 1092
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:13:42 PM

Hello, we are all witnesses of ICO scams. But I am just wondering why people are not fighting against it?
Why people, especially investors are silent. Why they do not try to do as much as possible to get their money back? Calling police, lawyers and so on?
Many ICOs are created by real profiles - so it won´t be hard to arrest them, right?
in my personal opinion if we only fight fraud and not act the best or do more positive things then it is of no use. so I think we better keep quiet and think about how to avoid these scams.
znation

Activity: 188
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:19:14 PM

It is possible that some countries have not accepted ICO but people want to join and when cheated, they cannot tell managers because they already know. Some other reasons are that they prefer to remain anonymous about their identity.
soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:26:03 PM

If you in to cryptocurrency then you know almost everything is from anonymous. The law can solve your problem if get scammed Especially in my country. Crypto is still ilegall here so if you make a report to police or kinds like that you will get a trouble.

zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:26:43 PM

Actually there are many people who want to do a complaint but to whom they themselves are also confused because right now there is still no institution that regulates about ico globally. and maybe only in every country that is still about bitcoin
Agree that there are indeed many people who are still confused about reporting this so they are of the time that it is difficult to be able to fight for their rights to get their money back

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Cryptrx

Activity: 498

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:32:56 PM

Because majority of the ICOs rely on anonymity or they use fake identification, so when they exit scam you can't hold anyone responsible and also, most of the time there are no jurisdiction binding ICOs so you can't sue them to court.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
Mata Kripto

Activity: 175

guestcrew.com

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:55:20 PM

Unfortunately not all of their profiles are correct, sometimes not according to their work map. it was difficult to know the team that was transparent when the ICO was running and even without us knowing the team had turned into a fraud, I had experienced this. I do not know how to prevent them, the important thing is I am always vigilant before joining ICO.

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[GuestCrew]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Earn GUEST Tokens by sharing content
guestcrew.com
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 04:27:05 AM

This statement of 'fighting against ICOs scam' is looking fancy as you all know that ICOs are not regulated by the Govt. or any statutory body. Another thing is that the investors are coming all over the world and all these happening in digital for. Who knows that the scammer is using real internet or the virtual network. So, again why your country's police men will interfere with the rules and regulations of another country. If, country wants to catch the scammer from the another country then it will affect the international law and the spending of the Govt. money will be huge. Again, you first will be arrested because of money laundering act. So, it is only you have to evaluate properly the ICOs before investing.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 05:25:29 AM

Because, unfortunately, we can’t do anything about it, because today the developers' data may be compromised. I think that all this will definitely have to show us with you the real extent of working with cryptocurrencies.
bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 05:25:38 AM

For the problem of silence does not seem because in my opinion, investors also convey a lot of complaints that I often read is they make articles in the medium / make posts on reddit but for problems bringing legal channels I'm not sure it can because investors and people who cheat are different countries and that can make the entrapment problem very difficult especially if the fraudster falsifies his identity
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 05:28:43 AM

Fraud in any state is considered a crime. However, there are a number of difficulties. ICO fraudsters collect money from investors all over the world. The first difficulty lies in the fact that the local police cannot do anything directly with such scammers. You must first contact the police of the country where these scammers allegedly were. This may be the case if between these countries there is an agreement on cooperation in law enforcement. If not, the police must act through diplomatic channels. All this takes time. Further, it may turn out that the scammers were not in that country, They could even migrate to different countries. In general, it is quite difficult even if the police work quickly. In addition, crimes related to the Internet, it is very difficult to prove.
jolle123

Activity: 190

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 12:31:55 PM

Many fight against ICO scams by non-patrimony and promoting them one of the ways in which the sites refrain from fighting ICO scams, those who do not fight about it are often members of the ICO its team or otherwise involved in this scam. if we help we can fight them and we both get money and not be scammed.
JefLiber

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 01:14:14 PM

Because, unfortunately, we can’t do anything about it, because today the developers' data may be compromised. I think that all this will definitely have to show us with you the real extent of working with cryptocurrencies.
It's just that we do not have any really significant leverage, we can only inform other investors about suspicious projects, but the crypto-currency community is not as cohesive as it should be to have force

Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 02:44:25 PM

I know cases when investors are looking for fraudsters to punish, but most people do not do this, because for this you need to spend money on lawyers, search for fraudsters and few people want to spend their time on it. Especially if a person has invested a couple of hundred dollars, then he, too, will not waste time to return his couple of hundred. You need to carefully select projects to invest in them, and social media accounts are sold and scammers use this, so be careful.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 03:55:43 PM

In this situation we had a lots of options and choices to select investment so if we are doing it wrongly we can have the next options to to get manage the prophet so if it was scam people will not care about much because the time will be waste when putting an effort to find it that's why they are getting their next investment.

Alexmagn84

Activity: 517

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:01:31 PM

I think so this situations many ico going to scam or failed, in fact every investor getting more loss.
I give them suggest every investor,
when you keep invest any ico then take a real check ico development. It is the main important then you will get profit your invest'.

Yahiris

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 07:16:11 PM

What can people do when they implement a fraudulent project? It is necessary to regulate the scope of ICO's activities to combat scam projects

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:24:26 PM

Fighting sometimes will never bring a benefit because they already lost their funds and the scammer always run away. I remember seeing alot of Scammy and fishy airdrops here and i enjoyed laughing watching these shitty projects get viral.. Peoples actually rush to invest hoping to gather fast profit which will never work here. We shall fight the scammy icos and get our rights back.. but the question is "HOW?".
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 08:03:05 PM

Fighting sometimes will never bring a benefit because they already lost their funds and the scammer always run away. I remember seeing alot of Scammy and fishy airdrops here and i enjoyed laughing watching these shitty projects get viral.. Peoples actually rush to invest hoping to gather fast profit which will never work here. We shall fight the scammy icos and get our rights back.. but the question is "HOW?".
and indeed today there are no levers to control the market and to the company, and therefore we cannot only find fraudulent projects, but also punish fraudsters for their actions. In addition, today, I am very frustrated by the fact that most of the projects that require the provision of passport data show very poor results or go into non-existence.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: