Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are not fighting with post-ICO scams?  (Read 987 times)
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 09:08:33 PM

It is not easy, mate. The Cryptassist ICO seemed a very good project at the end of 2018, but they are now almost a scam project. Big investors made a telegram group about Cryptassist scam and they are trying hard to find the real profiles of the cryptassits' team! Most of the ICO projects team members are fake like they use other people's ID, therefore their location, website registration, cell no. everything they arranged for a limited time, so, it is very tough to catch them out! But still, we have Centra project as a successful example, so investors should be working to find the ICO scammers shit!

whyrqa-1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 09:35:07 PM

Fighting sometimes will never bring a benefit because they already lost their funds and the scammer always run away. I remember seeing alot of Scammy and fishy airdrops here and i enjoyed laughing watching these shitty projects get viral.. Peoples actually rush to invest hoping to gather fast profit which will never work here. We shall fight the scammy icos and get our rights back.. but the question is "HOW?".
and indeed today there are no levers to control the market and to the company, and therefore we cannot only find fraudulent projects, but also punish fraudsters for their actions. In addition, today, I am very frustrated by the fact that most of the projects that require the provision of passport data show very poor results or go into non-existence.
This trend has become commonplace in the cryptocurrency market. But we do not need to get used to it, because it will negatively affect not only our results, but also the entire cryptocurrency market. That's just how you can deal with it, there is no panacea.
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 09:48:57 PM

The major hinderance is the absence of adequate framework to fight scams. Scammers are often in the habit of leaving little trail. The best we do on this forum is worn people of the redflags (such as fake or anonymous team members) but there is not much that can be done after the scam have actually occurred.Scammers disappear.
Where there is enough trail,  some are reported to authorities and some are caught. Some Onecoin  leaders were arrested earlier this year, some biconnected top promoters identified are still facing legal ordeals to date.
Catmurs

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 09:57:08 PM

What can people do when they implement a fraudulent project? It is necessary to regulate the scope of ICO's activities to combat scam projects
I think few people are already involved in the ico , most people have moved to iso or sto , it seems to me that the ico is now better not to invest at all and get around

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 10:13:24 PM

Hello, we are all witnesses of ICO scams. But I am just wondering why people are not fighting against it?
Why people, especially investors are silent. Why they do not try to do as much as possible to get their money back? Calling police, lawyers and so on?
Many ICOs are created by real profiles - so it won´t be hard to arrest them, right?

It's not so easy
scammers are studying every step they take and often have legal experts drawing their steps
In addition, there are no laws governing ICOs in many countries
You need to check before you deposit your money into any project.
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 10:53:49 PM

Bureaucratizing a market that was born to provide or ambition for freedom is a bit illogical. In addition, numerous people who participate in ICO know the risks and invest by learning what they are doing. If there are lay people who invest in something unknown, it'll be necessary for them to review their concepts. Another point to consider is that who doesn't care about the money invested is because it has large amounts or because if you report it maybe it'll be sought as well.
kangkilokang

Activity: 530

Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 11:18:31 PM

Bureaucratizing a market that was born to provide or ambition for freedom is a bit illogical. In addition, numerous people who participate in ICO know the risks and invest by learning what they are doing. If there are lay people who invest in something unknown, it'll be necessary for them to review their concepts. Another point to consider is that who doesn't care about the money invested is because it has large amounts or because if you report it maybe it'll be sought as well.
they already know the risks that will occur so that if something bad happens they may have resigned and will not look for the culprit.
if in a country that does not allow Crypto, they will not investigate the incident, because it is my own risk and that is in my opinion.
maybe in the future if there are updates and changes so if there is fraud or something else there will be a way or tool that can detect bad people.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  A New Crypto-Payment Platform  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ █   [  Telegram  ]   [   Medium   ]   [   ICO Page   ]   [  Facebook  ]   [ Instagram ]   █ █
digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:52:56 PM

personally i'm really interested in this question too. ICO leaders put their real information in description of their project. Call the police then!
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 03:17:06 PM

You are so vain so say a very large number of people are trying to deal with it, but as usual this is not entirely successful, simply because today scam projects have learned to very seriously disguise themselves and bypass the laws.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 05:40:21 PM

I  think ICO will need some regulation,  problem that a lot of ico comes without any audit before sales. But in the end all be fine, there are more and more company which run they own rating of the ico to help investors made a good choice.
It will really be very difficult and almost impossible to regulate ICO as they operate in a decentralized system that has little or no involvement of government in it and even when government gets involve, they still get involve is a decentralized system, so there is little to which anyone can do to control the scam in ICO.

The best is for every investors to stop paying attention to ICO projects and gradually start diverting their attention to IEO, especially those that wishes to invest an amount they cannot afford to lose, at least with IEO, it is absolutely an new opportunity for all investors rather than simply fighting and blaming about ICO scams.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 05:55:14 PM

You are so vain so say a very large number of people are trying to deal with it, but as usual this is not entirely successful, simply because today scam projects have learned to very seriously disguise themselves and bypass the laws.
There is no law for ICOs only the investors need to get more wise of they want to stay away from scams.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 05:55:24 PM

A lot of people wish they could do something in order to get their money back but how??
There is no known way of getting the money back. Afterall, most central banks in different countries have issued a warning statements against cryptocurrency

I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 06:11:50 PM

Some large investors are struggling with fraudsters in their not entirely legal ways. They just hire guys who find these scammers and take tough measures to get their money back. In general, these scammers are responsible for their actions, regardless of whether they want it or not.

Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 06:50:42 PM

Looking at the high level of anonymity in the crypto world , whom are you going to fight when you lose your monies. That is why it is stressed to be extreme cautious when doing any dealings.
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 07:22:36 PM

Hello, we are all witnesses of ICO scams. But I am just wondering why people are not fighting against it?
Why people, especially investors are silent. Why they do not try to do as much as possible to get their money back? Calling police, lawyers and so on?
Many ICOs are created by real profiles - so it won´t be hard to arrest them, right?

Many investors are not silent, as you track down scammers, if they are hiding on fake accounts, kyc they do not pass. It is impossible to return the money in cryptocurrency. Let's believe there will be a solution in the future.
karankamaze

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 08:01:32 PM

Many investors are not silent, as you track down scammers, if they are hiding on fake accounts, kyc they do not pass. It is impossible to return the money in cryptocurrency. Let's believe there will be a solution in the future.
I was very hopeful if that would happen because I was also among those who were quite disappointed with ICO fraud.
but what I can do besides accepting it sincerely.

so hopefully soon there will be ways that can make the ICO better and the fraudsters can be arrested
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 08:14:35 PM

Looking at the high level of anonymity in the crypto world , whom are you going to fight when you lose your monies. That is why it is stressed to be extreme cautious when doing any dealings.
Extremely cautious you need to be in any action that you perform on the cryptocurrency market. this is a very risky market

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:27:42 PM

I do not know where you got that nobody fights with this. Enough to go to Google and write the correct request as you will see links to a large number of both judicial acts and collective complaints. Over the past year, quite a lot of stolen money has been returned, unfortunately this figure cannot be compared with the amount of funds that have not yet been returned.
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:32:34 PM

Precaution is always better than cure.In most cases people do not go through the road maps whitepaper etc etc and and blindly invest in something.even sometimes people don't even care to read the terms and conditions and unfortunately select I AGREE option and doing this 50% game over.many exchanges got hacked many funds stolen these are all part and parcel of crypto world.Its better to stay safe and do your own research before jumping into something new absurd shit projects.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 04:51:23 PM

You are not exact correct mate, a lot of people fight for their investments and fight with scammers, however another part of people just don't see any point to do this and waste own time wich they can spend with much more profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: