Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org did it into the big cryptomedia today....  (Read 796 times)
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:32:20 AM

i think user number is advanced to price movement, so its a good indicator

Not as linear as you think. It may help but not guaranteed.
Price in any market is governed by demand and supply and  I see no exceptions here.

I am alive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 02:42:56 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

Let the media do their job. Who cares?
They do a shitty job in general, which is why I don't watch TV or even keep up with the world.  I find that I can function just fine without keeping abreast of world news.  On the other hand, crypto news does interest me but based on this article and others I've seen from CCN, I don't think that organization is reputable.  They obviously have some bias (which I happen to agree with, but it's bias nonetheless), and that's a huge red flag in my eyes.

The info in that article does make sense, though.  People aren't going to be as enthusiastic about an asset that's not doing much of anything other than existing at a price that's much lower than what it was at the end of 2017.  It shouldn't be surprising that google searches have dropped drastically if the mainstream media isn't reporting on bitcoin as much, but that doesn't worry me.  I've been into crypto long enough to know that lulls like this don't last forever, and that bitcoin will eventually start to move.

Based on the latter posts and the data theymos provided it's quite clear now that the media is really biased and I knew this from long time ago which is why I stopped watching the TV just like you did. Anyway whats on the TV is on the internet and besides that the internet gives us multiple results for a specific piece of information while the TV just shows filtered content which is set by the biased people. So it's best for us to stop following such Hippocratic biased people.

The question in my mind as I read this was what does this mean for all of these signature campaigns and bounties that rely on eyeballs?  Decreased traffic seems to imply that fewer people are going to be seeing all of this advertising, so I'm wondering if campaigns and bounties are headed toward oblivion.  
Well even if it was such a case then we could have also taken this thing as positively because all the shitposters are moving out of Bitcointalk due to the merit system which does mean there are less posters now but it also means that there are better posters now and more highlight will be given to better quality posts. This means that for every campaign the quality of posts will be better meaning that more people will see it. Just my point of view  Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 02:46:14 PM

That's nonsense data, an estimate from a Web analytics company based on who-knows-what.

The real data shows for example:
 - Late February 2018: ~3.51 million total ad impressions per day
 - Early January 2019: ~3.44 million total ad impressions per day
 - Late February 2019: ~3.41 million total ad impressions per day

Exactly what I said in another thread that came up with these figures (that visitor counts were dropping).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5119719.msg50131697#msg50131697

Also, how accurate are these statistics? Aren't they just estimates?
Only Theymos can provide us with accurate visitor stats of Bitcointalk.

Glad that you posted them here.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: