Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:56:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much?  (Read 1069 times)
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2011, 09:46:57 PM

How much would you charge per "share" in BTC to rent out your mining rig?

The mining world is talked about in Mh or Gh but when it comes down to it, you are getting paid by the pools for each share you do.  So how much?

More to come...

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 09:59:33 PM

How much would you charge per "share" in BTC to rent out your mining rig?

The mining world is talked about in Mh or Gh but when it comes down to it, you are getting paid by the pools for each share you do.  So how much?

More to come...

urstroyer was doing something similar to this. He was paying PPS + 15%.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2011, 10:09:26 PM

We have some big plans in the works and looking for an average.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 11:39:49 PM

Well if difficulty is ~1.2 million then the value of a share is 50/1.2 million = 4.16667E-05 or 4167 satoshis.   Merged mining is worth ~7% more so say 4458 satoshis is fair market value of a share. 

As far as pricing for my 11GH rigs do you pay for stale shares? I currently get 0.1% stale so obviously any contract w/ higher stale rate is going to cost more.  If your server is poorly performing and I get 2%+ stales I shouldn't eat that cost.  This is why pricing is usually based on hashing power. 

Pricing would also depend on payment arrangements.  Is it prepaid, daily, weekly, every 1 BTC (24,000 shares), etc.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2011, 11:50:05 PM

We won't be a pool, but your payout would be based on accepted shares to our system.  So you'd set your own price for renting out your miners for "other work". When your miners aren't being used for "other work" its mining at the pool you set on the site.  So I'm just trying to get a rough average on what miners are willing to sell their work (shares) for.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 11:52:24 PM

We won't be a pool, but your payout would be based on accepted shares to our system.  So you'd set your own price for renting out your miners for "other work". When your miners aren't being used for "other work" its mining at the pool you set on the site.  So I'm just trying to get a rough average on what miners are willing to sell their work (shares) for.

Wait if it is other work then collecting information on pricing in shares is dubious unless this other work will take exactly as long as Bitcoin double hash.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 12:34:53 AM

Wait if it is other work then collecting information on pricing in shares is dubious unless this other work will take exactly as long as Bitcoin double hash.

To start with its going to be bitcoin centered, but will grow to other markets.  Of course the pricing will change and ultimately be based on time but for the near future we are just looking just at the bitcoin market.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: