Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to create a private stablecoin  (Read 144 times)
hkinet (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:18:51 PM

Hello guys!

I'm working on a huge project and I need to create a special protocol to use in a specific industry ecosystem. Let me explain:

I need a stablecoin that allows private transactions. I already checked anonymous blockchain but it does not allow to create tokens via a smart contract. Or maybe you know an existing (real) private stablecoin? Shocked
The icing on the cake would be to also integrate smart contract with this private stablecoin, allowing to manage transactions between the stakeholders.

This project will be a really interesting use case for the Blockchain technology and closer to the reality on the ground. I know that crypto lovers don't like stablecoin because it's backing on the FIAT system but in the real economy if we want mass adoption we have to consider the volatility problem. We can also consider the integration of a possible upgrade in the code, switching from a stablecoin to a free market coin when the volatility will be acceptable and relatively stable.

Hre we go, the discussion is open, I need your opinions and knowledge on the subject Smiley thank you for your help!
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 11:30:04 PM

There's no private stable coin, as most of the time they need to comply with regulatory standard. You must either create your own 'stable coin' or use existing privacy oriented coins like XMR, BTCP, etc (compare them yourself).

I think using existing privacy oriented coin is better than making your own chain, listing on exchange yourself, etc.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 11:41:51 PM

You can issue an asset on RVN RavenCoin, it's a point and click thing and takes like 1 minute to do.

The assets can be transferred between RavenCoin wallets.

For example issue 'PRIVATECOIN-USD' 20,000,000

They can then be sent to any RVN address and sent between every user to a regular address.

There's no smart contracts though, assets are just that assets.

Check it out, it might suit your project or maybe not.

One thing's for sure - it's way cheaper and much easier to use than ETH

RVN is so cheap (at the moment) that you could create a throwaway asset and use it for testing, complete setup is 500 RVN to declare an asset which is about $12.50 right now and then it's just regular transaction fees for asset transfer transactions between users.
hkinet (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 07:21:57 AM

You can issue an asset on RVN RavenCoin, it's a point and click thing and takes like 1 minute to do.

The assets can be transferred between RavenCoin wallets.

For example issue 'PRIVATECOIN-USD' 20,000,000

They can then be sent to any RVN address and sent between every user to a regular address.

There's no smart contracts though, assets are just that assets.

Check it out, it might suit your project or maybe not.

One thing's for sure - it's way cheaper and much easier to use than ETH

RVN is so cheap (at the moment) that you could create a throwaway asset and use it for testing, complete setup is 500 RVN to declare an asset which is about $12.50 right now and then it's just regular transaction fees for asset transfer transactions between users.

Thanks for your reply Elda, it's not really what I'm looking for, I need the stable coin to be backed on euros, that's why I should create it myself on a blockchain as a token or create my own blockchain Smiley.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 01:11:03 PM

I don't think it is possible to have a private stable coin because if you understand the working of a stable coin, you will see that most of the stable coin we have in existence are mostly pegged the the US dollars and some of the them are being pegged to gold. Unless you can come up with an idea about making the coin stable without pegging it to fiat, I think it would be very difficult to see a stable coin that will carry out private transactions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: