Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM ALERT] TERNIO - Founders running a different kind of SCAM - Must Read  (Read 686 times)
joeh6922

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 07:07:45 AM

I also have to reply to this ridiculous thread bashing a genuine company. 

This company is a genuine, good company.  I HAVE A BLOCKCARD.  I HAVE USED IT NUMEROUS TIMES.  I timely received it after I added my crypto.  The Ternio team put a lot of work working with VISA to get our cards to us. 

I actually made a PROFIT on the Ternio I bought.  I am in profit with Ternio and can also use the card! 

So what is your problem. 

You can't get free tokens?  You probably didn't properly register. 

Quit bashing this company. 

The card is a genuine Visa.  It works as a Visa card should.  This thread should be taken down because you have no proof this company is a fraud because YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A CARD.  You're making assumptions based on what?  I HAVE A BLOCKCARD.  IT WORKS PERFECTLY.  AND IT'S GREAT.

Funny how you just signed up to write this post, and your style of writing strongly resembles Mr. Ian Kane. Coincidence I'm sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeh6922

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 07:21:36 AM

blah blah blah...
The card is a genuine Visa.  It works as a Visa card should.  This thread should be taken down because you have no proof this company is a fraud because YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A CARD.  You're making assumptions based on what?  I HAVE A BLOCKCARD.  IT WORKS PERFECTLY.  AND IT'S GREAT.

This thread should be taken down? Censored? That is what you are saying?
What kind of people are in favor of censorship?
People who are not doing wrong never support censorship, even when the comments are brutal lies that affect them negatively, honest people NEVER jump to censorship. Why would they? It's a perfect opportunity to air things out, set things straight, unless the comments are truth. That's when people want censorship.

These Blockcard folks love some censorship. Go watch their telegram page and you will see it in action. Anyone says anything negative they are banned and their comments deleted.
traderwal

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 01:28:05 AM

I'll chime in because I use BlockCard as well AND took the time to read this whole thread. 

1) BlockCard and Ternio are definitely not a scam.
2) A lot of the criticisms said here are completely untrue or inaccurate.  Anyone doing even minor due diligence can see that.
3) You can't complain about a company just because a crypto price value went down.  I don't call Vitalik or Ethereum a scam because ETH is down.

This thread seems like it's designed just to spread FUD or hurt the reputation of the company.  I'm not saying you didn't lose some value in your balance, but the company didn't take it from you.  Crypto value fluctuates and that's how blockcard markets itself.  Users get to stay in crypto until they spend.

Also, i've never seen anyone banned from their telegram unless the user was asking for it.  Usually it's people who are abusive to the moderators or just cursing a lot.

I'm all for pointing out scams, but anyone doing even some level of diligence can see blockcard isn't one.

Just my two cents.  Cheesy
joeh6922

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:37:24 PM

I'll chime in because I use BlockCard as well AND took the time to read this whole thread.  

2) A lot of the criticisms said here are completely untrue or inaccurate.  Anyone doing even minor due diligence can see that.
3) You can't complain about a company just because a crypto price value went down.  I don't call Vitalik or Ethereum a scam because ETH is down.

This thread seems like it's designed just to spread FUD or hurt the reputation of the company.  I'm not saying you didn't lose some value in your balance, but the company didn't take it from you.  Crypto value fluctuates and that's how blockcard markets itself.  Users get to stay in crypto until they spend.

Also, i've never seen anyone banned from their telegram unless the user was asking for it.  Usually it's people who are abusive to the moderators or just cursing a lot.

I'm all for pointing out scams, but anyone doing even some level of diligence can see blockcard isn't one.

Just my two cents.  Cheesy

If the value drops after i make a deposit then it will reflect that in my balance. No big deal, none of us has a problem with that. The problem is when I deposit say $200, and $150 shows up in my account. It will even show a $200 deposit in my history, but only $150 shows up in my account. Where did that other $50 go? I can find no answer anywhere, and if I ask them about it I get no response. If I go to their telegram room and ask about it I get banned.
If you use your blockcard then surely you have noticed this issue.
On top of that they are keeping the value low on purpose. They take my bitcoins, give me a far lesser value in ternio, from their own holdings, so it drives the price down, and they profit from that.

If you have never seen anyone banned then you just haven't been watching. It is only obvious when the person is irate, using foul language or whatever. When someone quietly asks a question, are quietly banned, and their question deleted nobody notices.
traderwal

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 05:24:46 PM

2) A lot of the criticisms said here are completely untrue or inaccurate.  Anyone doing even minor due diligence can see that.
3) You can't complain about a company just because a crypto price value went down.  I don't call Vitalik or Ethereum a scam because ETH is down.

This thread seems like it's designed just to spread FUD or hurt the reputation of the company.  I'm not saying you didn't lose some value in your balance, but the company didn't take it from you.  Crypto value fluctuates and that's how blockcard markets itself.  Users get to stay in crypto until they spend.

Also, i've never seen anyone banned from their telegram unless the user was asking for it.  Usually it's people who are abusive to the moderators or just cursing a lot.

Just my two cents.  Cheesy

If the value drops after i make a deposit then it will reflect that in my balance. No big deal, none of us has a problem with that. The problem is when I deposit say $200, and $150 shows up in my account. It will even show a $200 deposit in my history, but only $150 shows up in my account. Where did that other $50 go? I can find no answer anywhere, and if I ask them about it I get no response. If I go to their telegram room and ask about it I get banned.
If you use your blockcard then surely you have noticed this issue.
On top of that they are keeping the value low on purpose. They take my bitcoins, give me a far lesser value in ternio, from their own holdings, so it drives the price down, and they profit from that.

If you have never seen anyone banned then you just haven't been watching. It is only obvious when the person is irate, using foul language or whatever. When someone quietly asks a question, are quietly banned, and their question deleted nobody notices.

The card uses TERN.  Just look at the amount of TERN you hold.   Then compare it to the other trading pairs on CoinGecko.  BTC/TERN is worth more than XLM/TERN relative to USD.  I'm pretty sure the company doesn't want to keep their TERN value low  Roll Eyes   I see the value fluctuate pretty consistently.

I've seen people banned, but it's always been people who deserved it.  No one is banned just for asking a normal question.  I actually think the team is more patient and transparent then they need to be with people.  The ones that get banned come into a chat and call blockcard a scam (aka this thread) or are cursing at the admins. 

Like I said, just my two cents. 
pringlehead

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 08:56:57 PM

I've been researching BlockCard and I'll put this publicly available information out here for those who want to do their due diligence. Offering >6% cashback on a card is a "too good to be true" scheme. The company has to profit more than that to pass on the >6% rewards. For someone to get 6% rewards, someone else has to lose >6%.

For a blockcard transaction to take place, TERN has to be sold to convert it to USD to make the purchase. So there has to be a seller of TERN (the blockcard user) and a buyer of TERN who is willing to pay USD from its deposits (Ternio). This is how this whole play seems to take place, you can trace all the transactions in each wallet's trades and offers:

AZUF https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/account/GBXJXJGMEXLWNMXR3QIV7HLQHW7C5GANYYCZ3YEHMK4ZGZUPI22SAZUF = USDD issuing authority
This is the USDD issuing authority controlled by Ternio. Has transferred $6,000,000 USDD to N7H2 over time.

N7H2 https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/account/GARBGDV6QQW3GNRQUM4RBI6YLAJYV45QUDKHOCNLTZD4XW5LEPRON7H2 = Ternio’s functional USDD wallet
This holds USDD to buy TERN from IVDX each time a blockcard debit card is used thus essentially paying the $ for debit card transaction to go through. Also buys TERN from VSAA

IVDX https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/account/GCAVYLHJEFLCMGYTB524LUWGSLLVNIZ6CSUTZ6UXJZCQ3JTRM5EOIVDX = Blockcard users' collective TERN wallet
This is the collective TERN wallet for all blockcard users which holds TERN. It sells TERN at the time of a blockcard debit card transaction to N7H2 or VSAA to convert to USDD.

VSAA https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/account/GBMSJSF6EWZCRYRTGMD654WPRG53PDU4CWBRU35KUYUSCBZNT6XXVSAA = Mediator which keeps profiting (this is the key to why blockcard is sustainable for Ternio)
This keeps making transactions in cycles essentially profiting by arbitrage in a captive market controlled solely by Ternio
First: Sells its TERN to N7H2 at higher price
Then: Immediately buys back TERN from IVDX at lower price, thus fleecing the users.
The profit margin for VSAA is usually 14.3% (buys at 0.007, sells at 0.008) or 16.6% (buys at 0.006, sells at 0.007) usually. Thus users collective lose this % to Ternio as they make transactions. While an individual may get 6% profit, looking at the entire user base collectively shows that they will lose money to Ternio. Since USDD is solely controlled by Ternio, it is safe to assume these profits belong to Ternio as the any wallets with authorized USDD trustlines can only belong to Ternio.

One may argue that the profits from this arbitrage is coming at the cost of N7H2 which is Ternio's USDD wallet, so it is Ternio which is losing money. Keep in mind that N7H2 is a representation of users' deposits. Ternio has to return this USDD deposit when users make transactions using their blockcards. In a way N7H2 is the assets Ternio holds to balance its liabilities held in the IVDX wallet. Without forced arbitrage these would be equal. The only reason Ternio can make profits is because it has a captive USDD:TERN market where only it can operate and is free to conduct arbitrage without competition at the collective cost of its users.
traderwal

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 04:59:58 PM

Nice diligence here.  Grin  A few comments.

1) I wouldn't say 6% rewards are "too good to be true" when BlockFi and Celsius offer 8% for staking.  However, it's very competitive and the best for a crypto card by far.

2) The 6% requires a TERN stake which is why I'm more confident that it's related more to staking then orderbook trade.  For example, I stake 145,000 TERN and that costs me $1200 which drives the price up.  If i plan to keep using Blockcard its a great deal because I can profit from others staking but earn rewards short term as well.

Staking TERN at this level makes a lot of sense as it's relatively cheap.

3) The biggest issue I have with your math is that it does not accurately reflect the conversion.  I can go buy TERN on Whitebit or another exchange at 0.07 and deposit it directly on to the card.  As long as I spend at 0.07 then I'm always good, regardless of the orderbook.
pringlehead

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:32:23 AM

1) I wouldn't say 6% rewards are "too good to be true" when BlockFi and Celsius offer 8% for staking.  However, it's very competitive and the best for a crypto card by far.

2) The 6% requires a TERN stake which is why I'm more confident that it's related more to staking then orderbook trade.  For example, I stake 145,000 TERN and that costs me $1200 which drives the price up.  If i plan to keep using Blockcard its a great deal because I can profit from others staking but earn rewards short term as well.

3) The biggest issue I have with your math is that it does not accurately reflect the conversion.  I can go buy TERN on Whitebit or another exchange at 0.07 and deposit it directly on to the card.  As long as I spend at 0.07 then I'm always good, regardless of the orderbook.

1) Do you understand how Blockfi is able to award 8%? They loan out your crypto and charge a higher interest rate to borrowers and pass on a part of it to you. This is not the same as what is being offered by blockcard. "Unlimited" 6% cashback for just $1200 stake.

2) The TERN stake is meaningless. You can give them a $1200 fee. Then go spend $100,000 and make $6000 in cash back. How does a company pay you $6000 for staking just $1200? "Too good to be true". Also if you have to depend on others putting in money, it makes it a pyramid scheme. The day others stop putting in money, you lose your money.

3) Doesn't change anything. They are still able to conduct arbitrage in a captive market. The "spending" of TERN on the blockcard is ONLY related to USDD:TERN market which is captive where I have clearly pointed you to the ongoing arbitrage. Don't trust what I'm saying - look at the transactions yourself.

But hey, you do you!
traderwal

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 06:16:30 PM

1) Do you understand how Blockfi is able to award 8%? They loan out your crypto and charge a higher interest rate to borrowers and pass on a part of it to you. This is not the same as what is being offered by blockcard. "Unlimited" 6% cashback for just $1200 stake.

2) The TERN stake is meaningless. You can give them a $1200 fee. Then go spend $100,000 and make $6000 in cash back. How does a company pay you $6000 for staking just $1200? "Too good to be true". Also if you have to depend on others putting in money, it makes it a pyramid scheme. The day others stop putting in money, you lose your money.

3) Doesn't change anything. They are still able to conduct arbitrage in a captive market. The "spending" of TERN on the blockcard is ONLY related to USDD:TERN market which is captive where I have clearly pointed you to the ongoing arbitrage. Don't trust what I'm saying - look at the transactions yourself.

But hey, you do you!

1) No need to be defensive.   I'm just saying that you can't call something too good to be true just because you don't understand how it works.

2) What happens when the price of TERN increases?  The cost of the stake goes up as well.  I do agree that you can spend $100,000 and make $6,000.   It's actually a pretty sweet deal if you're in early.   I just think the cost of the stake will increase significantly as the value of TERN rises.  Everyone won't be able to afford it.

3) Arbitrage what?   I buy TERN for $0.007 and spend at $0.007.  There is no arbitrage when my buy/sell price is same.  Just like if I buy BTC for $10,000 and sell for $10,000 my arb is 0.
pringlehead

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 12:10:36 PM

But hey, you do you!

1) No need to be defensive.   I'm just saying that you can't call something too good to be true just because you don't understand how it works.

2) What happens when the price of TERN increases?  The cost of the stake goes up as well.  I do agree that you can spend $100,000 and make $6,000.   It's actually a pretty sweet deal if you're in early.   I just think the cost of the stake will increase significantly as the value of TERN rises.  Everyone won't be able to afford it.

3) Arbitrage what?   I buy TERN for $0.007 and spend at $0.007.  There is no arbitrage when my buy/sell price is same.  Just like if I buy BTC for $10,000 and sell for $10,000 my arb is 0.

1) I understand how it works and described it in detail. It seems you are the one who isn't able to fully grasp the way Ternio is able to award 6%. If you have proof that what I wrote is inaccurate, please provide an explanation of why you are calling it inaccurate.

2) TERN price can increase but as long as arbitrage continues to take place, TERNIO continues to make profit and pass on a fraction of it to the user.

3) Please read the original post. The collective user base loses money. While you as an individual may profit, there has to be another individual who loses more money for you to profit.

If you don't wish to look into the facts and trust TERNIO with your money, that is absolutely fine by me. The facts are the facts regardless of what you or I opine.
traderwal

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 05:46:59 PM

But hey, you do you!

1) I understand how it works and described it in detail. It seems you are the one who isn't able to fully grasp the way Ternio is able to award 6%. If you have proof that what I wrote is inaccurate, please provide an explanation of why you are calling it inaccurate.

2) TERN price can increase but as long as arbitrage continues to take place, TERNIO continues to make profit and pass on a fraction of it to the user.

3) Please read the original post. The collective user base loses money. While you as an individual may profit, there has to be another individual who loses more money for you to profit.

If you don't wish to look into the facts and trust TERNIO with your money, that is absolutely fine by me. The facts are the facts regardless of what you or I opine.

1) Your explanation doesn't make any sense.  I have literal first hand experience buying TERN at $0.007 and spending at $0.007-0.008.  Yes, at a profit. 

2) Above you said TERNIO is losing money, but now you say they are making money.  So which is it?

3) I did.   It seems like you're more interested in spreading FUD then actually dealing in facts.   ANYONE can go and try the card and see for themselves. You sound like you have an ax to grind with ternio.  Do you work for a ternio competitor?
joeh6922

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:03:43 PM

Everyone seems to be ignoring the FACT that they taking 30-50% of deposits right off the top, and ignoring or feeding BS, banning and censoring people who complain.

I just deposited $300, transaction record at blockcard shows a $296 deposit. I had $54 in the account before making the deposit. After the deposit I have $250.27

This is pretty normal. Someone please give me a reasonable explanation for this that does not include these guys being total scammers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: