Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:24:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strong Customer Authentication banking changes,  (Read 185 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 11:04:31 AM
Merited by Xylber (1)

I've just received this alert from the Nationwide.
https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/strong-customer-authentication#headingtag1

It would appear that the banks in the UK are tightening up even more with regards to account management. The obligation to enter your date of birth seems to be a bit of an odd requirement, and easy to uncover if one is attempting fraudulent operations. I'm considering removing my DoB from all of my forum profiles everywhere.

Also, they seem to be pushing their banking apps, and those are not something I wish to install in my computers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xylber

Activity: 611
Merit: 124

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 01:13:30 AM

They like to control what people do with their money, but who controls them?
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 01:18:38 AM

So it says that it's for preventing fraud, or committing more?

The addition of putting in your DOB is somewhat weird in my opinion. It's still better to use 2FA rather than knowing a piece of actual information that can be extracted if you know someone just to prove something or to log in.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:16:42 AM

... I'm considering removing my DoB from all of my forum profiles everywhere. ...

I use a different date of birth for every site that asks for it. In fact, I do that for every kind of identifying information.
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1215

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 10:44:04 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2019, 11:16:38 AM by sheenshane
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Well I guess, they knew that some people are taking advantage of their system's vulnerability. Maybe, they were already been victimized by the great frauds without noticing them and had a zero identification about them for the authority to catch them. We still have a couple of months to be anonymous users in online payments since this regulation will be initiated on 14 of September this year in the whole of Europe.

Well you may check these as it is the exemptions to strong customer authentication

"Exemptions to Strong Customer Authentication
Under this new regulation, specific types of low-risk payments may be exempted from Strong Customer Authentication. Payment providers like Stripe will be able to request these exemptions when processing the payment. The cardholder’s bank will then receive the request, assess the risk level of the transaction, and ultimately decide whether to approve the exemption or whether authentication is still necessary.

Building authentication into your checkout flow introduces an extra step that can add friction and increase customer drop-off. Using exemptions for low-risk payments can reduce the number of times you will need to authenticate a customer and reduce friction. We have designed our new SCA-ready payments products to let you take advantage of exemptions when possible to help protect your conversion.

"The most relevant exemptions for internet businesses are:"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: