Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin - Full Movie | Download | Watch Online for Free  (Read 30715 times)
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:00:43 PM

I see a whole sheet of private keys for casascius coins in that video. All fully readable!  Shocked

What is this casascius coins ? Pardon me for the ignorance...

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Casascius_physical_bitcoins

Thanx  Smiley

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:54:33 PM

Bitcoin Documentary - "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin"

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3haBibXWc

Nice. Waiting for the movie to be released.

I keep hearing this.   Wait.

People are so strange.  You dont write a movie about something like this until it has done all the incredible things it's going to do.

Otherwise you end up with a half-assed movie.

People need time for the legacy to sink in.  The depth of the change it will make needs to be fully realized and appreciated first.

The Vietnam war movies came in the 80's, 15 years after the war, when the damage emotionally and socially had been fully realized.  Some of the most powerful movies that came out, hands down.

Hitler movies, etc.

The Bitcoin movie shouldn't be written for another 5 to 10 years.  After it has changed the world.  

Reminds me of Eminem doing a movie about himself before he even finished making new albums.  Makes no sense.

Can we call it part 1 of a trilogy?  Cheesy

verdun2003

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Bitcoin to da moon! First, they ignored it, then they laughed at it, then they fought it, then... it WON!

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:59:29 PM

I see a whole sheet of private keys for casascius coins in that video. All fully readable!  Shocked

Sheets of 22-character codes that were discarded from Series 1 which had the misspelling in the hologram... Series 2 and beyond have 30 character codes.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:28:22 PM

Sheets of 22-character codes that were discarded from Series 1 which had the misspelling in the hologram... Series 2 and beyond have 30 character codes.

Your coins were beautiful Mike.
I hope you can do it again someday.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:27:16 PM

"Rise and Rise of Bitcoin" Documentary accepted into Tribeca Film Festival! Followed by conversation with Nick Mross, Daniel Mross, and Charlie Shrem.

http://charlieshrem.com/the-rise-and-rise-of-bitcoin-will-dbut-at-tff-2014/

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:42:21 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 07:21:16 PM by cedivad

That's great news, thanks!
When will us, mere mortals with an internet connection, be able to see it?

Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #H5rJSSJK0oFVjPnH

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:49:52 PM

That's great news, thanks!
When will us, mere mortals with an internet connection, be able to see it?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #Tk7rk3WF3AQINidI

By the end of 2014 for sure Smiley

David1978

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:59:16 AM

Bitcoin Documentary - "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin"

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3haBibXWc

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________
www.CoinLearn.org - Learn and Earn Free Bitcoins

good work !
one day, someone will make a real blockbuster about bitcoins users, with Hollywood stars and 3d animation  Grin Grin Grin I have some ideas already Wink
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:37:46 PM

Saw few threads about this movie "the rise and rise of bitcoin"  few months ago but still no one knows the exact  release date of this movie but several people are saying that It'll come out This year (2014).

Genre - Documentary

Estimated length - 90-100 mins.

Language - English

Country - USA

Stage of Project - Post Production

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:42:44 PM

Saw few threads about this movie "the rise and rise of bitcoin"  few months ago but still no one knows the exact  release date of this movie but several people are saying that It'll come out This year (2014).

Genre - Documentary

Language - English

Country - USA

I heard that it is coming out in June, 2014 in US. Charlie Shrem attended the premiere. He's also active in this forum. Probably he can tell the exact time... I'm asking him in PM. If he can say, I'll post it here.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:23:39 AM

Genre - Documentary

Language - English

Country - USA

I heard that it is coming out in June, 2014 in US. Charlie Shrem attended the premiere. He's also active in this forum. Probably he can tell the exact time... I'm asking him in PM. If he can say, I'll post it here.
Please do! Thank you very much!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
tinus42

Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:07:14 PM

This movie is outdated the minute it comes out. As so much is happening and so many has changed in a few months time.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 12:13:30 PM

they wrote in their twitter account, that they are searching for a company which produces and distributes the film. so i guess it will take some months.

CoolBliss

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:17:45 PM

Beautifully filmed. Very professionally done. They bitcoin miner from Pittsburgh who we follow through the story on his journeys in mining (he too get's screwed by BFL) and meeting a who's who list of bitcoin is very sympathetic.
CoolBliss

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:24:38 PM

The film does goes flat in places, 1) where they again try to explain bitcoin with confusing graphics and 2) as there are so many different stories to tell you sometime lose the thread as they jump from story to story. But these are minor points. There was a moment in the film where they are interviewing Charlie Shrem a year or two ago (who was also in the audience) and he's saying something like "I'm very nervous about all this regulation, We are trying to do everything right, I don't want to go to jail, I don't want to be a martyr." and I swear you could hear a pin drop in the theater as everyone there new what has happened since. Very powerful moment. A
CoolBliss

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:31:28 PM

Anyone in bitcoin or interested in bitcon should definitely see this film. It is a little snapshot of bitcoin 1.0. I didn't want it to end. And so much continues to happen after the time period the film ends there certainly is and will be more of the story to tell. The Director did say at the talk back after the film that they had a ton of footage that they did not make into the file.
CoolBliss

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:37:46 PM

I'd also love to see the Director cut with that footage as well. Congrats to all involved.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:24:03 AM

they wrote in their twitter account, that they are searching for a company which produces and distributes the film. so i guess it will take some months.

If only there was a person on the board of The Bitcon Foundation who has connections in Hollywood. But, what are the chances of that?
Beliathon

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:09:15 AM

If only there was a person on the board of The Bitcon Foundation who has connections in Hollywood. But, what are the chances of that?
This?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: