Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:34:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAMMER] Donjon88 scamming behind locked threads  (Read 293 times)
asherlock (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 04:35:56 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2019, 04:44:21 PM by asherlock

What happened: The user initially started his thread with a selly link(https://selly.gg/u/AWSBHW) but removed it on his thread after he received negative feedback due to his fake codes (He's literally selling $420 codes for Amazon which isn't even possible)

And now he's selling through his website behind a locked thread and scamming unsuspecting users and since the thread is locked, nobody can really complain either. Unfortunately I fell for the scam as well because I trusted a tad bit too much. I've been buying on bitcointalk for years and I've never had issues but I guess I was just fortunate so far and never got unlucky with a scammer until today.

He is also bumping all of his threads multiple times a day to keep them at the top of the first page and scam as many people as he can.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2561270

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5119696
Amount Scammed: $15
Payment Method: BTC
Additional Notes: He's still bumping all of his threads every once in a while and spamming on different subforums to catch as many unsuspecting people as possible.

I haven't added my payment as my address has a substantial amount of Bitcoins which I've also used for various personal payments which could be tracked back to me. If anyone goes through this scammer's profile they'll be able to see how obvious of a scammer he really is. I don't really mind losing $15 in Bitcoins but all I'm trying to do is ensure scammers like him are banned on the forum so that they may not scam others.

EDIT: Scammer is back and advertising the same site with a new account here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5122807.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 11:41:11 PM

It's not uncommon to see these scammers operate in this way. I think that you should understand by now that autobuy links, as well as self moderated and locked threads are literally synonymous for scams in the digital goods section, unless it's from a trusted member like TBZ.

There is no other reason for doing this other than if the user's intention is to prevent victims from posting on the sales thread directly.

Consider your money gone. It's wouldn't be surprising if more people fell for this, because they did not do your due diligence. Hopefully you have learned a lesson here - not everyone here is to be trusted, and it's best to always use escrow so you're protected in all scenarios, no matter how small the amount is. And generally just don't deal with newbies that sell these items at steep discounts, because I simply have not seen one that is legitimate.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 01:10:03 AM

Unfortunately scammers or scams are not moderated. The workaround for this is the trust feature, which serve as a precaution for users who want to do business deals with them. At least you've already told people here so that people can be more cautious next time.

I've tagged the account.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3594

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 05:59:27 AM

Awaiting a solution to this problem, everyone who wants to buy should follow the general advice that "Do not trust any anonymous person on the Internet, no matter how much discount he offers."
Sorry for your loss, $ 15 is not a big amount but will give a morale boost to the scammer to continue to scam others.
I advise you to join this topic ---> A list of top scammers on the " Digital Goods " market., there are a lot of scammers to report them.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
asherlock (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:04:25 PM

He has made a new account and is now selling his scam codes on the exact same website as his previous scam one. Once again, his threads are locked and he is giving false assurances to people in order to scam them https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5121075.0
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1922
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:45:18 PM

"Fingerprints" point to alt of serial scammer: :XYCHRIZZY AKA indpol1, AWSbhw, ne91K, ne92k, cpmzin, KentSupplier, bysmoith66, iliair110, Hagenuk1976, NutrichMass, SuWang91, hpot82. SoftW888, MinecraftKeys and probably 50 others.
asherlock (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 07:59:07 PM

"Fingerprints" point to alt of serial scammer: :XYCHRIZZY AKA indpol1, AWSbhw, ne91K, ne92k, cpmzin, KentSupplier, bysmoith66, iliair110, Hagenuk1976, NutrichMass, SuWang91, hpot82. SoftW888, MinecraftKeys and probably 50 others.

Can't he be banned? Because he's constantly bumping his thread right now and that keeps him at the top of the list and allows him to scam more people :/
Or at least if there was some way, then his website could be banned so that he'd have to purchase new domains.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 08:13:25 PM

Can't he be banned? Because he's constantly bumping his thread right now and that keeps him at the top of the list and allows him to scam more people :/
Or at least if there was some way, then his website could be banned so that he'd have to purchase new domains.

Unfortunately Nothing can be done.  Sadly, this forum does not moderate scams or scammers.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3472

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:21:55 AM

Unfortunately Nothing can be done.  Sadly, this forum does not moderate scams or scammers.

Forum has a sort of motto for most of the cases: "You must use your own brain: caveat emptor" (buyers beware).
Anyway it's impossible avoid these scam if some one want to buy an amazon card of 420$...

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:02:04 PM

Forum has a sort of motto for most of the cases: "You must use your own brain: caveat emptor" (buyers beware).
Anyway it's impossible avoid these scam if some one want to buy an amazon card of 420$...

That's not their motto, it's their excuse.
asherlock (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 04:38:09 PM

The guy has a new account and has made this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5122807.0

He is still advertising the same scam site behind a locked thread. He claims his current stock is at 92 which means he's scammed 7 others so far (he started off with 99 in stock)
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 07:46:20 PM

The guy has a new account and has made this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5122807.0

Seems like the same person. I will add a tag on profile.

He is still advertising the same scam site behind a locked thread. He claims his current stock is at 92 which means he's scammed 7 others so far (he started off with 99 in stock)

Scams are not moderated so it would stay there. So at this point you can only report the profiles who are promoting the site.

Best is to do due diligence before beginning the deal. Only ones falling for those are the ones who doesn't takes up necessary precautions just so that they can finish the trade quickly.
asherlock (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 08:47:00 PM

Seems like the same person. I will add a tag on profile.

Scams are not moderated so it would stay there. So at this point you can only report the profiles who are promoting the site.

Best is to do due diligence before beginning the deal. Only ones falling for those are the ones who doesn't takes up necessary precautions just so that they can finish the trade quickly.

Hopefully by constantly banning his accounts and reporting his threads for multiple bump abuse, we can prevent him from scamming others. Takes a few minutes to report a thread so I don't even mind doing that. If I can even prevent a single scam then I'm happy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: