Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:16:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (20$) Paying someone to make work my proxy server on my Virtual Machine  (Read 199 times)
koalacrypto (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:09:48 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 08:52:09 PM by koalacrypto

Hello.

I have a computer in another country (not a VPS) which is running Windows 10, and on this computer I have a Ubuntu VM.

I want to put a proxy server on this Ubuntu server so I can use this whole computer as a proxy server from all over the world.

I'm paying someone 20$ (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Skrill, Paypal...) to show me how to make it work.

Please send me a private message.
nomadcrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:00:34 AM

Hello.

I tried to install a proxy server on my Linux virtual machine (Squid, tinyproxy) however I can't get it working.

I'm paying someone 10$ (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Skrill, Paypal...) to show me how to make it work.

if you are connecting from a computer to this proxy you could just use ssh tunnels. From a linux host you could ssh -D 9000 user@host.tld(or ip of vps). If you are on a windows system you could use putty like they describe here https://blog.devolutions.net/2017/4/how-to-configure-an-ssh-tunnel-on-putty. After that you've got a socks proxy on your local machine on port 9000 or whatever port you want. Squid is a pain to setup and secure so unless you have a specific reason for it I would just use ssh tunnels.

edit
there are most likely decent ssh apps for most mobile devices(like juicessh for android) that support the ssh feature  "dynamic port forwarding" that is being used above to setup a local socks proxy.
koalacrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 08:48:05 PM

Hello.

I tried to install a proxy server on my Linux virtual machine (Squid, tinyproxy) however I can't get it working.

I'm paying someone 10$ (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Skrill, Paypal...) to show me how to make it work.

if you are connecting from a computer to this proxy you could just use ssh tunnels. From a linux host you could ssh -D 9000 user@host.tld(or ip of vps). If you are on a windows system you could use putty like they describe here https://blog.devolutions.net/2017/4/how-to-configure-an-ssh-tunnel-on-putty. After that you've got a socks proxy on your local machine on port 9000 or whatever port you want. Squid is a pain to setup and secure so unless you have a specific reason for it I would just use ssh tunnels.

edit
there are most likely decent ssh apps for most mobile devices(like juicessh for android) that support the ssh feature  "dynamic port forwarding" that is being used above to setup a local socks proxy.

Thank you but I need a proxy not a SSH.

Offer raised to 20$.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16881

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 09:39:11 PM

Do you need a proxy, or a VPN? If it's the latter, have a look at OpenVPN.
I've never used it, so I can't help you with the details.

koalacrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:14:23 PM

Do you need a proxy, or a VPN? If it's the latter, have a look at OpenVPN.
I've never used it, so I can't help you with the details.

Proxy
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 10:25:13 PM

I believe this tutorial or any other tutorial on how to setup squid should work for setting up a proxy. If you have the time, I'd give it a shot. I personally haven't tried it (I haven't needed a proxy server; just a VPN where I used PiVPN), but it should work.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
koalacrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 12:06:33 AM

I believe this tutorial or any other tutorial on how to setup squid should work for setting up a proxy. If you have the time, I'd give it a shot. I personally haven't tried it (I haven't needed a proxy server; just a VPN where I used PiVPN), but it should work.

Already tried
nomadcrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 04:48:19 AM

Hello.

edit
there are most likely decent ssh apps for most mobile devices(like juicessh for android) that support the ssh feature  "dynamic port forwarding" that is being used above to setup a local socks proxy.

Thank you but I need a proxy not a SSH.

Offer raised to 20$.

What I described is a proxy. It is a socks proxy using ssh which is already installed on your vps. In the example I provided the port 9000 would be opened on your local system and then in whatever application you are using you set the proxy to socks5 and 127.0.0.1:9000
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: