Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW SCAM METHOD EMBRACED BY CRYPTOCURRENCY SCAMMERS  (Read 774 times)
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:45:51 AM

Everyone that joins ICOs, bounties or airdrops might recently be receiving some emails purported to be from a project administrators informing you of that your earlier contact of the support has been escalated and you need to be a certain sum of bitcoin or ethereum in order to abade the problem otherwise, you lose your investment or earnings.

It is a scam. Beware!!!
LOL. I am sure I will be the list person they will scam with something like this, this scamming method is really an old fashioned one that has even existed in our traditional online banking system whereby people tell you similar story in order to get your credit cards details. Crypto scammers are really trying everything possible nowadays to get access to someone’s account and we really need to be smart too.

Just this morning, I woke up and found so many alerts on my mail from goggle informing me that my Gmail account password was to be change which required my authentication and at the same time, received email from my exchange wallet that my account password needs approval for reset I dint make.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:56:48 AM

of course it is a scam and when you reply to that email they will surely ask you to send eth or btc, which needs to be remembered if the admin will never ask or ask for it
This has been a very popular way of scamming people and I think people should have gotten use to this time of scamming for them to fall for it. A proper project will even know that this time is too critical for them to send such type of message to people who are truly their users.

Hackers are doing everything possible now to have access to many crypto users’ account and if they can’t have access to it, they will get the user to commit fund willingly. They are seriously taking advantage of this anonymity of cryptocurrency and they are the ones that might encourage people to given in to regulated coins that can still be monitored if we don’t take care.
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 01:27:32 PM

Honestly I am one of the idiot victim of that scam. I received an email,the same email address and avatar. Asking my KYC and other personal info. So I trust to give it all including my private keys because they also said that they need it to verify if they already distribute the coin bonus then the next morning I found out that my token is already gone. So beware of that transactions.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
attech21

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 02:09:00 PM

Not at all projects that make fundraising are scams because their are still projects that do fundraising and they benefited the investors and the promoters of the project.Like this project this will soon make a good investment and make people will be benefited by this project you can join and make investments here Dencoin tokens.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 12:08:58 PM

Even the dullest person on earth should understand that this Idea of paying a certain amount is not only a scam but a fraud. That's why you need real sense to participate in Cryptocurrency.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:57:24 AM

Everyone that joins ICOs, bounties or airdrops might recently be receiving some emails purported to be from a project administrators informing you of that your earlier contact of the support has been escalated and you need to be a certain sum of bitcoin or ethereum in order to abade the problem otherwise, you lose your investment or earnings.

It is a scam. Beware!!!
You can't teach an old dog how to bark. Old school social engineering methods are not useful in 2019 and these scammers should retire as soon as possible. Fake telegram names same as real admin of telegram group is another way to trick the new customers and scamming them.
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:10:02 AM

This is one of the reasons I will never reply to any mail I got because I've been aware of this scam moves since years back so I'm been more careful

aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:38:24 AM

It is a scam. Beware!!!

First, you have to check if the message is legit at all, they have a telegram channel you can ask them if these are all coming from the administrator if they don't have one, then you can post it here the name of the site and the issues and people here can bring you answer if all these are right.

bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:43:21 AM

You receive those emails most of the time because the information is leaked from participating in bounty and airdrop. This activity has been going on for a long time, but now due to the strong growth of the market, it happens more
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:50:28 AM

Definitely scam, if you get mails asking for confirmation without you registering on those sites. I will advise bounty managers to hide sensitive information on spreadsheet, like email, to avoid scams and hacks.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:59:30 AM

Yes its an old trick that still works till date ,the most dangerous ones now is backlogger malware and phishings ,you have to thread carefully in crypto space or you will lose all you've worked for
BareCrypto

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 09:13:55 AM

Yeah, always check 10 times before you believe in any email... Always check spelling of the names/ links/ email names...
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:14:12 AM

I dont even mind such info as there is always a group for every project I join, and if I see any email or msg I do confirm from admin before I can click on such email or link sent buly those useless thing that want to reap from what they did not work for .

This is why it is good to always use a certain email for bounty and another for real deal as they can hack your info to access your account and always use different password for such email with offline store of data .

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
SMOKEU

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:34:43 AM

if you know enough about the scammers strategy you should not fall for this kind of act.. everyone knows that this kind of strategy is scam

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:35:41 AM

Thank for the caution, we should never snet our money to anyone that we don't know, and this type of email spamming it's very popular way to get hacked also
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 11:54:23 AM

I guess it is an old ploy used by scammers and also phishing attempts are also seen in fake emails where they ask you to click the link and fill a form, we should always ignore such emails and messages otherwise we can end up loosing our holdings.

Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:57:38 AM

Their devices are so many, it is only a daft person or someone so new to crypto or the internet as a whole that will fall for such or who is under a spell sort of. Paying for what someone is not aware of or never started in the first place. People really need to be careful however. Personally I hit the block button as soon as I receive such messages from whoever. I hate scammers.

clipto

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:08:50 PM

You should always be aware of scammers, especially in your e-mails and telegram chats. I am getting more than 10 e-mails per day, where I am asked to deposit ETH to get some mysterious bounty rewards. Be smart guys.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:15:31 PM

This is not only done in the crypto industry but also in other modus, such as lottery, text or call of emergency, and even up front. All of which are mind setting the victim in a state of urgency, in which the victim will be in a state of panic and will be forced to the pleas of the scammer. In these situations you just need to be calm and assess the situation so that you can avoid or get out of it.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:23:36 PM

I definitely agree with this, as the cases of fraud against participants in bounty companies have recently become more frequent. The administration of any project does not need to ask for a deposit from you since you are not an investor but simply advertise the project and all so that if you receive a letter of this kind, then simply do not respond to it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: